Keep us in your thoughts, please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your both in my thoughts. Try not to worry. Oh and I like the idea that someone mentioned about a symptoms book, that could be very helpful to your husband.

momerlyn said:
TG, my thoughts are with you. Been there, and all that. Just a word of caution: if they send him for an MRI, make sure it is with and without contrast. Is he seeing a neurologist?

A word of advice: have him keep a symptom diary. It should be simple, just date, time, and what he was feeling or what happened. This will help the dr to get a full picture of how whatever-it-is is affecting him.

Don't worry until you know you have something to worry about. Getting a diagnosis doesn't change anything, it just means you know what to treat.

We'll be waiting for your results!

I didnt' keep a diary as you suggested, but, have been writing down everything that's been going on. Still the doctor is just kinda acting as though none of it is any big deal. If dh were someone that is constantly getting sick or complaining and such, I wouldn't be worried at all. But, he's not. He's never depressed or worried about things like I do and that's the first thing that the dr. said, that he's depressed:huh:
I'll wait for the tests to come back, and if I don't like what he says, I will find someone else that will listen!!
SOMETHING is wrong. He's just not the type to spend money at the doctor. He is the one that is always complaining when I would take the boys for any little thing, and nothing be wrong:angel: He's been to the dr. 1 other time in 20 years.
I go through his symptoms and it goes to TIA's, sleep apnea and heart problems. Yes, he has all kinds of symptoms going at once, but, a LOT of the symptoms are showing the sleep apnea which can cause all the other things going on. The doctor didn't even ask him or me about the sleeping problems at all. I guess we'll see. If I don't like what he says, I'm gonna start asking him all kinds of whys!!
Thanks for all of your support. It helps so much to have someone to talk to. In this case I have a BUNCH of someones!!:mrgreen:

Like James said, we are praying for your husband and for you. I know what you mean about him going to work sick. James has gone to work with a 105 degree fever (before we were married) and other ailments. Hopefully the tiredness is just everything catching up with him and forcing him to take the rest he needs.

:) Barbara

middie said:
kads isn't THAT the truth ?
It sure is Middie,
My dh has been in constant pain with his back and with all that has been going on, selling the pharmacy, our anniversary, Olivias birth, working at the chain that bought our store, he has been dragging his feet. It finally got so bad, he had to walk bent over and his doc ordered an mri...He has a tumor between several discs and a neurosergeon is going to try several things to see if it will help..If not then he has to think and think hard about surgery...I can't do much, except be here, he has to work with it and I have to support..But, let's get going, the longer you wait the worse it gets...
Sorry Middie, I talked your ears off:LOL:

kadesma

i'm sure he'll be alright tg.
a lot of guys are very healthy and can shake off a lot of stuff up until their early forties. that's the first time many men begin to feel their mortality, so when something goes wrong and you can't just tough it out, you get scared. many of my friends have gone thru this.
whatever it is, modern medicine is incredible, and many many things can be dealt with fairly easily.

buckytom said:
i'm sure he'll be alright tg.
a lot of guys are very healthy and can shake off a lot of stuff up until their early forties. that's the first time many men begin to feel their mortality, so when something goes wrong and you can't just tough it out, you get scared. many of my friends have gone thru this.
whatever it is, modern medicine is incredible, and many many things can be dealt with fairly easily.

So true!! He has worked from the age of 14. Doing everything from starting at Tom Thumb to building houses, to total remodeling now. Always manual labor. He has beat his body up that's for sure and he won't listen to me on slowing down. Maybe he will now, maybe he won't. He's going to die working though.

Thank you all for your thoughts!! It's very much appreciated!!

TG, I'm just now reading this thread...I know this week will be a long one for you both. Waiting is the worst! My thoughts and prayers are with your hubby and you.

Ugh! Sorry to hear this! I've been there, and I'm not even 30!

I had what was formally diagnosed as labrynthitis. An infection of the inner ear, but the type of infection that doesn't respond to antibiotics. My circumstance put me in the ER where they did a head CT, etc. Everything came back normal. Wound up essentially laid up for a month doing absolutely nothing. No work (thank goodness for short term disability), no nothing. Couldn't drive either. Mass quantities of meclezine (sp?) were consumed to try to counter act the nausea, etc. When I went back to work, I would say I was maybe 80 to 90% back to normal.

Keep us posted. Thoughts and prayers are with you and hubby.

Hi Texasgirl,
I also only read this thread today - you and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself, too(!), Sandyj

I wish I could texasgirl, but I'm supposed to be cleaning my mom's house & then I have to go get my TB test done to take to the School District Office before TC & Savannah get out of school.

Well, no big awful disease as I was fearing.
Seams that as far as the dizziness, he may have a pinched nerve in his shoulder, which will also cause the numbness and weakness.

BUT, they are now watching his liver function test on the blood smears.
Seams that his ALT is a little high. Not too high to be immediately concerned with at this time. Though, DH does not drink and doesn't do drugs, the one thing he DOES do that can cause liver problems.....TYLENOL!!
He pretty much takes it as he can, every 4-6 hours for the pains in his body from working himself to death. He can't take ibufrofen for the fact that he has ulsers and a Hiatel Hernia. So, he is to take the Tylenol only when he absolutely needs it for the next month and then they are going to redo the blood work and see if that is what is elevating it, if not, I guess we'll get more tests. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!!

Oh yeah, BigDog, I feel for you. DH was going nuts with the vertigo, or what they said was vertigo. People don't realize how bad the stuff is until they are having the symptoms.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom