KitchenAid Stand Mixer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I absoulutely love:heart: mine. I can whip up two loaves of honey-wheat bread in about 10 minutes with the bread hook. The bread is a lot lighter because it takes less flour to get a smooth dough. I use mine at least twice a week, sometimes more. I think it is worth every$.:chef:[

Thanks for the feedback and welcome to DC! :)

I finally used my KA Stand Mixer for the first time. I made chocolate chip cookies and then I made blueberry muffins. I absolutely love it! I also love the Aqua color. Don't know why I didn't just get one years ago!

The next thing I need to try is yeast bread and/or pizza. :chef:

Last edited:
I was making dough the other night and I realise what a mistake I made the last holiday season. Macy's had a nice big KA, with 6 quart bowl for $250 only after rebate from KA. There is no way I can find one any cheapper. Darn. Well, maybe next season.

I use an Assistent or what used to be called a DLX Magic Mill. It works good for bread and cookies as well. The roller is what I use for most stuff other than perogy dough, then I put on the hook.. Think its gentler and therefore makes a smoother dough than the hook. Just bought a flaker attachment for mine at Jalyns in Canada so now plan on adding some oats and make my own granola too.This machine has never let me down.

Thanks for the input. And welcome to DC!

I was making dough the other night and I realise what a mistake I made the last holiday season. Macy's had a nice big KA, with 6 quart bowl for $250 only after rebate from KA. There is no way I can find one any cheapper. Darn. Well, maybe next season.

That was a good sale. I saw it online around holiday season too. I am sure they will run another sale like that during our next holiday season. Another good time to check for sales is on Black Friday.

w00t! just got back from a 75 mile (150 total) trip to Seattle to pick up my RKP2671X Professional 6 Mixer .. I got from Craigslist FOR 45$!!!

Sounds a slightly rough .. I am going to open her up, clean motor contacts & lube the gears!

Date on the bottom says 02-12-02 and someones initials

img0081cp.jpg

img0085bw.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD_-News2Zo

Pretty cool Josh. Love the pics and vid.
Yours sounds pretty much like mine does, maybe just a slightly higher pitch. Mine is a Pro 500. I know when I first turned mine on the sound was not what I was expecting.

I used mine a couple weeks ago for mixing up meatballs. It worked well adding the ingredients as I went, then putting them all away before I got my hands "dirty". That's probably not such a big deal if you have a large prep area, but it worked well for me. I just wish the paddle was DW safe.

My friend Mixfinder, had a Pro 600 but I could not talk to him on the phone without that terrible noise deafening me. He had to leave the room.

I guess I am spoiled, but even HE got tired of the noise when I gifted him with a 1947 Hobart N50.

Mixfinder sold his Pro 600.

I opened her up and turned it on. From what I can tell, most of the noise seems to come from the back end, where the electrical contacts on the motor. Maybe replacing the motor brushings/bushings? would quiet it down.

I did notice one corner of the plastic gear covering cracked, but is not leaking/oozing grease. There seemed to be plenty in there when I opened that bit up .. but I didn't see much of any grease in the lower bit ... where gear that spins & rotates the paddles.

I took another look in the gear housing .. the front bearing has broke abit & the worm gear has 3 teeth broke & some that could break.

I checked KA site for local service centers .. the one place I called had replacement metal houseing, worm gear & front bearing for $57.97 + 9.5% tax for a total of $63.48

I've done research .. and KA stopped making replacement parts for this series, and finding the correct worm gear could be very hard. This model does not have the newer 60 tooth gear .. it is either 53 or 54. I found an online place that have them, and they are cheaper than the local service center.

Maybe the $45 was too goo to be true

Back
Top Bottom