Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Noooooo, 'bad judge' is being canceled! good comedy, truly funny is a rare thing to find on network tv these days. kate walsh is hilarious in 'bad judge'--hilarious! i love to laugh, but i am a tough critic when it comes to sitcoms. it took me a whole season to get on board with 'big bang theory', and am still on the fence with shows like modern family. 'bad judge' is on at nine o'clock on thursday nights, and follows 'the big loser' for chrissakes! they are canceling this promising new show after airing only five episodes, not an adequate trial run for this time slot on nbc--so unfair!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry Vit, but from start "Bad Judge" looked like a bad idea to me only "judging" by the promo's for the show, and the sitcoms just don't do it for me anymore. I'm sorry about that too, because sitcoms used to be my favorite thing on tv. "King of Queens" was my last favorite, a very long time ago.

On dramatic note, I don't know why I didn't start watching Parenthood when it started, and here it is in it's 7th and final season now. I think Craig T Nelson is a remarkable actor, so thanks to Netflix streaming, I've now watched the first season and I'm hooked! It's good to know I have six more seasons to enjoy this family with marathon viewing at times of my choice. I highly recommend "Parenthood".

I'm sorry Vit, but from start "Bad Judge" looked like a bad idea to me only "judging" by the promo's for the show, and the sitcoms just don't do it for me anymore. I'm sorry about that too, because sitcoms used to be my favorite thing on tv. "King of Queens" was my last favorite, a very long time ago.

On dramatic note, I don't know why I didn't start watching Parenthood when it started, and here it is in it's 7th and final season now. I think Craig T Nelson is a remarkable actor, so thanks to Netflix streaming, I've now watched the first season and I'm hooked! It's good to know I have six more seasons to enjoy this family with marathon viewing at times of my choice. I highly recommend "Parenthood".

i agree, kayelle. koq's is one of my alltime favorite sitcoms, and i too am late coming to the gate for parenthood. i've only seen a smattering of episodes, something else must have been on that i watched instead...score another one for netflix.

Last edited:
I too find myself going back to the reruns of some of my favorite shows. As corny as it sounds, I find myself watch the VERY old Lone Ranger. When I explained to The Pirate that as a kid, I just loved this show. I used to listen to it every night for 15 minutes. Of course the story always ended like it should by Friday night. Then one night My father told me not to worry. Nothing is going to happen to The Lone Ranger. How would they put it on the air the next night. Then when it came on television, I was in my glory. I have The Pirate hooked. I point out the obvious to those that watched it as a kid. Like how the hoof beats are always louder as they approached the rock where the mike was hidden. Then they fade away as the rider continues on. Or how they manage to pass the same rock over and over. I wonder if we will ever see Gale Storm again?

I am fed up with the reality shows. My own life is a reality that I am living every day. :angel:

I got a little turned off with television last season because a few of the shows I liked (Almost Human, Tomorrow People) were cancelled. I'm rebelling by not watching any new shows on those particular networks.

I do like a some of the comedies, including "Big Bang" and "Brooklyn Nine-Nine." And, I hate to admit it, but I also watch "Hawaii Five-0". Yes, the acting isn't that great and, yes, the stories are contrived. Come to think of it, I'm not sure why I watch it, but I do. Could be because of Grace Park. :in_love:

...And, I hate to admit it, but I also watch "Hawaii Five-0". Yes, the acting isn't that great and, yes, the stories are contrived. Come to think of it, I'm not sure why I watch it, but I do. Could be because of Grace Park. :in_love:

I watch it too, for the theme song. Hands down, the BEST TV theme song ever!

Almost Human was good, I red somewhere that it was too expensive to make. Too bad, it was cool and interesting. Some of the shows new season openers were huge disappointment to me. Castle, Elementary, to name couple.

My favorite show continues to be "Blue Bloods". I love that family when they sit down to dinner on every episode, with Tom at the head of the table. Good grief that man is even more delectable as we have grown older together. Like fine wine, he is. :brows::heart::wub: I wish he'd loose those goofy glasses though.

just red that 69 shows were canceled. Out of 69 I only have seen 3 or 4, maybe heard of another 2 or 3. The only two I am sad to see go are Franklin and Bash and Almost Human. Some of the canceled shows were so bad to begin with I do not know how they lasted more than one seasoned, Revolution, Unforgettable.

One of the shows I watch faithfully is Mike and Molly. This show has no language problems, is very funny and depicts a family that could be living right next door to any of us.

PBS is another station along with the NatGeo channels that I turn to. The language on a lot of shows is really a problem for me. Always has been. I guest it is just my upbringing. I remember hearing Poo telling his friends out on the front steps to watch their language because my mother will throw you right out the door. And I would. :angel:

I'm sorry to hear that Unforgettable was canceled, it was on my recording schedule, and I really liked the unusual memory premise of the show. The chemistry between the two detectives reminded me of the show "Moonlighting" from many many moons ago.

That's surprising Addie that you like Mike and Molly. You should watch the movie Bridesmaids and see how you feel about Melissa McCarthy. I won't waste my time with anything she is in.

Last edited:
Is anyone else planning on watching "Peter Pan" on Thursday? I loved the 1950s version with Mary Martin. Ran around the house singing "I'm flying", driving my Mom to total distraction. I've been doing the same thing to Himself this week in the run-up to the show. :ermm:

Although I loved the concept of "Sound of Music" done live on TV last year, in our opinion the producers erred in casting singers in the lead roles. While being able to carry a tune and keep time is important to a musical role, it's also important to be relaxed on stage. Most of the performers in "Sound of Music" looked very stiff. The leads in "Peter Pan" have acting creds, and how important will it be for Capt. Hook to hit the right notes? :LOL:

I was in the sixth grade and some women from Wellesley Women's College were looking for a kid to take to the live production of Peter Pan in Boston. Jean Arthur was the star. (Yeah, I am dating myself!) I was chosen. So anytime, whether on TV or large stage, I never miss a performance. I read the story to my kids many times. You bet I will be watching it.

I agree with you. The folks on stage should look like they want to be there and are having fun. What's more fun than flying. :angel:

Last edited:
After couple of disappointing episode of Cast,e 2 last ones were great. Loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Back
Top Bottom