Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my. i made a mistake of watching "Happy" . From Series info: "Based on the graphic novel of the same name, Nick Sax is a corrupt, intoxicated, ex-cop turned hit man who is adrift in a twilight world of casual murder, soulless sex, and betrayal. After a hit goes wrong, Nick finds a bullet in his side, the cops and the mob on his tail, and a monstrous killer on the loose. But his world is about to be changed forever by a tiny, imaginary, blue-winged horse with a relentlessly positive attitude named Happy. On their journey, they must contend with a laundry list of enemies including angry mobsters, ex-mistresses, ex-wives, and one very bad Santa."

I thought to myself with the cute cartoon character how bad can it be? Right? Wrong. It was so bad, wait scratch that it was so BAD, it was disgusting. I can appreciate some of the stuff described above. But it was so grotesk, the violence and the vulgarity was so unnecessary, it was absolutely terrible. Absolutely.

I watched "Chernobyl Disaster: As We Watched" the other night. The technicians were experimenting to see if they could keep the reactor going in the event of a power failure to the plant (yes, a nuclear power plant needs outside power) by using the remaining RPM's in the turbines to provide the needed electricity to make a smooth transition flow of electricity during a power failure. They fooled around with that but backed out when things got too hot. So...they quickly inserted graphite rods into the reactor to stop the test. What happened next is that...instead of the rods shutting down the reactor as should have happened, the reactor got hotter and exploded. I've yet to understand that part. Apparently, the techs dipped those graphite rods into the nuclear reactor too fast, or something. Obviously the cooling didn't keep up.

Last edited:
I watched "Chernobyl Disaster: As We Watched" the other night. The technicians were experimenting to see if they could keep the reactor going in the event of a power failure to the plant (yes, a nuclear power plant needs outside power) by using the remaining RPM's in the turbines to provide the needed electricity to make a smooth transition flow of electricity during a power failure. They fooled around with that but backed out when things got too hot. So...they quickly inserted graphite rods into the reactor to stop the test. What happened next is that...instead of the rods shutting down the reactor as should have happened, the reactor got hotter and exploded. I've yet to understand that part. Apparently, the techs dipped those graphite rods into the nuclear reactor too fast, or something. Obviously the cooling didn't keep up.

At the time of that disaster, I was dating a blue collar man. I also happened to be working for the engineering company that designed most of the nuclear power plants in this country. The person I was dating asked me a simple question. "How does the reactor produce power?" I got a large piece of paper and a pencil and drew a reactor for him so that he could understand it. Very simple. He was absolutely amazed that I knew stuff like that. From that day forward, he called me "Little Miss Nuclear." But it also brought me down to earth. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have the education I had. And he was one of those folks. So from that day forward I no longer was impatient with folks who don't know what I know. And I stopped right in my tracks and no longer looked down on folks such as my blue collar man. I know how angry I get when someone looks down on me. That day was my "day of awakening." So instead of looking down, I try to educate. If someone is willing to listen, I am willing to educate. But on their level.

Has anyone else been watching The Alienist on TNT? It takes place in turn of the century New York.

Right now I am hung up on the Olympics. But I saw the commercial for it and it seems like every five minutes. I couldn't tell by their commercial if it was going to be on TV or in a movie theatre.

I tarted watching The Alienist last night. I have no idea where I started as far as seasons and episodes go, but you know it's a good show when that doesn't matter after watching just 2 episodes. It was fascinating.

Last edited:
I tarted watching The Alienist last night. I have no idea where I started as far as seasons and episodes go, but you know it's a good show when that doesn't matter after watching just 2 episodes. It was fascinating.

This is the first season and they are through four or five episodes. It's the TV adaptation of a book.

TNT is showing an Alienist marathon Saturday (tomorrow) running all the previously aired episodes if you want to watch or record. Also available on demand.

Ive been watching a show on Netflix called rotten. Its about all the waste in the food industry.

First episode was about honey. How china dilutes honey with rice syrup then filters out the pollen so it cant be traced back to china. They arrested some importers selling contaminated honey.

This is the first season and they are through four or five episodes. It's the TV adaptation of a book.

TNT is showing an Alienist marathon Saturday (tomorrow) running all the previously aired episodes if you want to watch or record. Also available on demand.

Thank you.

Ive been watching a show on Netflix called rotten. Its about all the waste in the food industry.

First episode was about honey. How china dilutes honey with rice syrup then filters out the pollen so it cant be traced back to china. They arrested some importers selling contaminated honey.

I've not heard of rice syrup, but genuine honey may be a luxury someday.

We have been binge watching a Netflix series called "Longmire."
A Wyoming sheriff rebuilding his life after his wife is murdered..
Robert Taylor (not the one I grew up seeing in movies) Katee Sockhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips...

Apparently there are 63 episodes recorded and we are on epi 13.. Midnight last night and I see more long nights ahead..

Love this show..

Ross

I'm having an enjoyable Sunday inside today, puttering around the house and listening to concerts on AXS TV.

I just watched the great Peter Frampton in concert - recorded about 2 years ago. I can't even begin to count his hit songs - "Baby, I Love Your Way" will always be one of my faves.

Mid 70's. I was in love with him back in the day.:LOL:
Peter Frampton 1.jpg

Here he is now, in his late 60's:
peterframpton2.JPG :wub:

Here he is performing "Lines On My Face" from one of his recent live concerts. Wow! He's even better now than he was back then! Way to go, Mr. Frampton!! :clap:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgeDWDxGuIw

Frampton is over, Elton John is on now. :)

I'm having an enjoyable Sunday inside today, puttering around the house and listening to concerts on AXS TV.

I just watched the great Peter Frampton in concert - recorded about 2 years ago. I can't even begin to count his hit songs - "Baby, I Love Your Way" will always be one of my faves...

Mine, too. The first concert I saw was Peter Frampton. [emoji813] the Talking Guitar.
https://youtu.be/y7rFYbMhcG8

Last edited:
Yes, GG...his 'talking guitar' TalkBox! That sure had everyone going crazy back then. That's awesome that you got to see him in concert. The last concert I went to was in 1998, some friends and I saw Santana from a grassy hillside overlooking the Columbia River Gorge in Washington state. It was amazing.

Kay... I could be way off, but the lyrics sound like a take on the pain of a husband finding out about a cheating wife, and trying to move on. He has been married a few times....

I chose that particular video to post here not so much because of the song, but because I thought it showcased the best of his guitar skills in his older age. :cool::)

If you get AXS TV, Dan Rather has a show called "The Big Interview". He's a good interviewer, IMO, and they are very interesting. I watch the ones with the performers that interest me and delete the ones who don't. :) Just watched one with Carol Burnett, and another with Loretta Lynn a couple of weeks ago. Most are from around 2015, but I hear he has some new ones coming up soon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom