Looking for an easy, yet delicious recipe!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like your girlfreind is game for a cooking partnership. That being the case, be adventurous. Put together a pizza, with you making he crust ahead of time, and both of you building the top layers.

Another great would be to have a "fun" dinner, like pancakes or wafles with M&M's mixed in.

A cold Gaspacho with home-made burritoes or tacos is another winner. You just prepare the ingredients before hand, and have them laid out and ready to go.

Or try something really different, like a grilled peanut butter and honey , sandwich, or grilled PBJ, or grilled peanut butter and bannana, with slices of good cheese on the side. Follow with your favorite fruit smoothie to add fiber and nutrients to the meal.

Peel each other grapes. You will be amazed at the difference in flavor between a peeled and unpeeled grape. And the fact that you are doing something tedious, just to make it special for her, well, it will be appreciated by her.

Munch on fresh watermellon cubes and strawberries, with a bit of molten chocolate to dip the berries in, or some whipped cream.

If you want to get elegant, but easily and inexpensively, roast individual cornish game hens stuffed with wild and white rice, onion, and mushrooms. Use chicken broth to pre-cook the rice. Add a bit of sage to the stuffing. Serve with deep orange sweet potatoes and an appropriate beverage. Just bake in a 425 degree oven with a meat thermometer inserted between the thigh and breast (not touching the bone). Cook until the thermometer reads 155 degrees, remove from oven, and let sit 15 minutes before plating.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

ModernRocko said:
Thanks again for the great recipes, everyone! Ha, we ended up cooking it as a team effort, but it was nice to make it together. The meal turned out delicious; we had urmaniac's Bucatini Amatriciana and absolutely loved it.

We couldn't find bucatini anywhere, so I just ended up getting angel hair and it worked well with the sauce. I'll definitely be having this again! Can't wait to try a few of these chicken recipes, too...

I am glad you guys enjoyed the Amatriciana, especially I am happy you shared the cooking with your girlfriend... I hope you will share the fun over and over for many different dinners to come!!

Amatriciana is one of the most famous and beloved Roman pasta recipes. I am sure angel hair worked well with this recipe, but also, when you can't find the bucatini, just the plain old spaghetti will do the job just as well, too!! (I don't know exactly why, this is one of the recipes that goes better with the long stringy pasta rather than the shorter version...)

ModernRocko said:
Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to try my hand at urmaniac's Bucatini Amatriciana. It sounds delicious and it doesn't seem as if it would take too long to make, and provided I don't screw it up somehow, it would be delicious. I should be able to handle it, though, as it seems pretty straightforward.

We've been talking about how we want to travel around the world, and Italy is at the top of the list.. so this recipe is very fitting!

I'm saving all of these recipes for future reference, by the way. :)

YOU made a great choice. This is a wonderful pasta!!:):):):)

Back
Top Bottom