Luca’s meat lasagna easy recipe – Franca’s style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pierogi Princess said:
Another great idea, designated ice cube tray.

Left over wine your say... never heard of it :LOL:

Yea. What is this "leftover wine?"

Si. What is this "leftover wine" of which you speak? I shall seek some out.

Last edited:
Just explain that you really want to try cooking with what's left, pour it into a vacuum jar and stash away, uncork another vintage bottle. *searching for inebriated smiley...*

One of these days, I'm going to do an entire roasted veggie lasagna...not just parts of it.

Hi CWS4322, I never tried it with green peas, but I'm trying to prepare a lasagna recipe without meat and I'll consider green peas, too, even if they look too sweet for me. And I'll also try other cheeses, just to add some taste to the poor meatless recipe! Maybe some gorgeous gorgonzola... :LOL:

And, yes, the idea of "leftover wine" is simply unconceivable!

How about using some mushrooms or lentils in the poor meatless recipe!:ermm:

Roasted red peppers are also good in a meatless lasagna. I like the idea of the lentils and I love spinich, zuchini and roasted tomatoes in veggie lasagna.

As fo your recipe Luca, this is going to get made as soon as I have a pan and oven to make it in. :)

luca, i'm surprised no one bit your head off by saying a simple meat sauce was alla bolognese. i guess it's tough to argue with a real native son about something italian.

your, actually franca's recipe sounds fantastic. copied and saved for a future attempt.

ya know, the ricotta layer is often the bane of lasagna makers as it becomes the sheer layer. the point at which a lasagna refuses to hold together and falls apart, making a mess of pasta on the plate. most people add eggs to the ricotta to help it hold together, often without immediate success. you have to make the lasagna a day ahead so as to allow the ricotta and eggs to set up so it doesn't fall apart when serving.

i hope to try this recipe soon. again, grazie.

luca, i'm surprised no one bit your head off by saying a simple meat sauce was alla bolognese. i guess it's tough to argue with a real native son about something italian.

And being Italian means that my English is not so good... :(

Here is what I said:
"This recipe uses an overly simple ragù, which is the meat and tomato sauce as we call it in Italy (the Bolognese sauce, for the rest of the known world). It is not the classic recipe, the canonical “Lasagne alla Bolognese”,..."

Now I'll try to explain in a decent way what I really meant...
"This recipe uses an overly simple ragù. Ragù is the meat and tomato sauce as we call it in Italy (the Bolognese sauce, for the rest of the known world). The ragù used in this recipe is not the classic one used in the canonical “Lasagne alla Bolognese”,..."

argh

your, actually franca's recipe sounds fantastic. copied and saved for a future attempt.

ya know, the ricotta layer is often the bane of lasagna makers as it becomes the sheer layer. the point at which a lasagna refuses to hold together and falls apart, making a mess of pasta on the plate. most people add eggs to the ricotta to help it hold together, often without immediate success. you have to make the lasagna a day ahead so as to allow the ricotta and eggs to set up so it doesn't fall apart when serving.

i hope to try this recipe soon. again, grazie.

Prego! :LOL:

I press the ricotta through a strainer and then mix in the egg. My layers don't fall apart. Don't know if pressing the ricotta and then mixing in the egg makes a difference or not. That's how I was taught how to make lasagne (well, the filling) and being that I'm not Italian, what would I know?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom