Monday dinner, August 28, 2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aside from the raspberries, sounds delish medtran.

Sitting here thinking I'd better hurry up and decide in order to take out anything from the freezer if I want to eat tonight.

Might be some spinach and ricotta stuffed shells, or something...

Vegetarian night for us. Mixed baby lettuce and spinach salad dressed with raspberry vinaigrette, fresh raspberries, crumbled feta, and almond chips. No picture yet.
Aside from the raspberries, sounds delish medtran.

I sometimes use dried cranberries on mine. I like pistachios with feta though almonds would be good. I think raspberries being a little tart and lightly sweet works well in a salad. dragnlaw, do you not like raspberries or do you just find it an odd salad ingredient?

We might have chicken salads tonight. Haven't decided.

OK, so having read taxy's rant on the dinner/supper thread for Sunday, I think I have to agree with her.
Today's Menu should be just that. What is on, or going to be on, your supper plate.
If you have questions about how or what or recipes start another thread.

Not super pretty, but very tasty. Aloo Gobi ( potato and cauliflower curry) with fried paneer cheese .
20230828_122606.jpg

Oh well, too tired to even put the stuffed shells I just made into the oven. Did 2 single servings, one into the freezer.
So now.... just drooling over every one else's supper, :unsure: guess that will have to do for tonight!

Edit:
Jusa, I have a wonderful recipe for spinach and dried cranberries. I know it's pretty popular as I've seen many versions on the internet. Oh yes, very yummy.

Last edited:
Oh well, too tired to even put the stuffed shells I just made into the oven. Did 2 single servings, one into the freezer.
So now.... just drooling over every one else's supper, :unsure: guess that will have to do for tonight!

Edit:
Jusa, I have a wonderful recipe for spinach and dried cranberries. I know it's pretty popular as I've seen many versions on the internet. Oh yes, very yummy.
You mean the spinach being raw and in the salad I hope, LOL? It's the only way I like cranberries, the dried ones and in salad with a bunch of other stuff or by themselves. I don't do cranberry sauce and stuff like that, yuck. I know, I am the weird one. I have always been a little bit...different.

Yes, my bad, the spinach and dried cranberries are a salad.

Growing up I did not care for cranberry anything at Christmas and Thanksgiving. We always had the two types on the table. Jellied and relish style. Never liked either.
I will say I did have it, within the last couple of years - don't remember when or in what - but it was sort of OK.
I have actually made the relish for festive dinners and everyone loved it - except me - go figure!

oh oh oh! - who wrote the saga of husband making the relish? I can't find it but it is an extremely funny and entertaining "saga" LOL LOL

We were given some garden tomatoes so we decided to put bruschetta on the menu. So we picked up the missing ingredients, raided SO's basil plant and off to the races. I also put out a small meat and cheese plate with genoa salami, pepperoni, cheese and two kinds of olives.

We were given some garden tomatoes so we decided to put bruschetta on the menu. So we picked up the missing ingredients, raided SO's basil plant and off to the races. I also put out a small meat and cheese plate with genoa salami, pepperoni, cheese and two kinds of olives.
I also asked hubby if he wanted bruschetta because we have an abundance of both tomatoes and basil in the garden, and he shot that down, so screw it. Going for simple. Leftovers. Need to clean out the frig anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom