Monday's dinner, January 22, 2024

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used a sauce packet from Blue Dragon to make a chilli coconut chicken stir fry. I served it with brown basmati rice and a Korean mung bean side dish.

Chili coconut chicken stir fry using packaged sauce, bean sprout side dish, and brown basmati ...jpg
Chili coconut chicken stir fry, bean sprout side dish, and brown basmati rice.jpg

Chicken 'schnitzel' , asparagus wrapped in a crepe and warmed (fried) along side the schnitzel.

I actually pounded out the breast earlier in the day. Just had to bread and fry it come supper time. Typically wouldn't have had the umph to do it all at supper - Yah, good girl dragn! You actually thought ahead!!!!
It was a fairly large breast and pounded out to dinner plate sized schnitzel. Very yummy!

All looks very tasty taxy. How's the Korean mung bean done?
The sprouts are blanched for a minute and cooled under running water. Then they are tossed with a dressing. Can be served warm, lukewarm, or cold. Next time, I won't add the salt until later. There's fish sauce, so I don't think it needs added salt.

I had baked-in-the-oven breaded shrimp about 3pm, so for supper, I just ate the last of the garlic bread. It was Texas Toast and I can never decide between cheese and garlic, so I got the cheese kind and added my own garlic. I had the mushed garlic in a tube, so I probably added a little bit more than I needed to. Cat didn't want me to kiss her last night.

We had fried shrimp too but I hand-breaded them. I butterflied then soaked them in seasoned buttermilk, then coated them in a mix of panko and regular breadcrumbs. Served with fried potatoes and salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom