my first baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats Sarah, I had a ultrasound and they printed it for me and it is in my daughter's baby book, she was amazed at it. Did they tell you the baby's gender???

GB said:
CONGRATS SARAH!!!!! That is such wonderful news! I am so happy for you. It is amazing when you see the ultra sound picture isn't it?

Are you going to find out what you are having?
i'm only 13 weeks pregnant and i already wanna know if its a boy or a girl,i'm just so curious,but its still too early to determine that,so i'll have to wait.... :)

Dove said:
And the love for you child is just beginning...When you first hold that bundle of joy, you will feel like your heart will burst with love.

When my boys would move it felt like I swallowed a large goldfish..
My first son would push a foot tight against my tummy and you could almost see the size of his foot.(his first shoes were a size 3. When Paul saw him for the first time he pressed his foot against the glass and DH's first words to the nurse were " My Gawd, what big feet!"

Once when the foot was pressed tight against my tummy, Paul leaned down and pressed his lips against it and inhaled and Blew hard...big dummy! John kicked and fluttered for 45 minutes and we thought I was going to have to go to the ER. I was in tears...scared Paul to death and I'm glad..

No wonder John didn't want to be born...LOL

SEE everything mentioned, I have a story! Sorry to get carried away..all the posts just bring back memories.
Marge~Dove
wow dove! i cant wait to feel the baby kicking,hehehe,i'm sure its a wonderful feeling... :)

AllenMI said:
It is amazing what you can see in a ultrasound. With my daughter, we could actually tell that she had hair on her head before she was born. With all three of my kids, when they measured the skull, as they "zoom" in and out, I actually saw brain tissue.

And if you think that's wild, wait until you see one of the new 3-D ultrasounds. We had one done of Ellie, and it was like she was laying on her side, with her hands up to her head, but partially submerged in water, from the perspective of the ultrasound.
i could make out the nose and mouth,and i even got to look at the little feet and arms :LOL:

wow dove! i cant wait to feel the baby kicking,hehehe,i'm sure its a wonderful feeling...
feels like butterflies in the stomache. pretty weird but so neat

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
My dad smashed my fingers in the door when I was 3. :? He also hit on my girlfriends when I was in high school. I STILL am MAAAAAAD about that. ;)
lol DS! but i'm sure he must have felt proud and over joyed when he first saw you coming into this world :)

norgeskog said:
Congrats Sarah, I had a ultrasound and they printed it for me and it is in my daughter's baby book, she was amazed at it. Did they tell you the baby's gender???
yeah they printed it for me too,and i'm gonna save them for my baby to see one day :) ,they didnt tell me the gender yet,but they will in a few weeks hopefully

middie said:
oh sarah that is such great news !!!
i am so very happy for you !!!
just wait until you hear the heartbeat!!!
that itself is the most relaxing thing i have
ever experienced. i myself did not have an
easy pregnancy, so here's to hoping that
you do !!!
i used to be nauseous all the time ,but thankgod i'm through with the 1st trimester now,its a lot easier now :) ,i even feel like cooking again,and i can bear hearing the talk of food now,hehe

Long time ago for me!! But the memories are still there. Time seems to go so fast when you want to remember every moment. I remember always talking to them, played soft music, and said my prayers out loud. Felt like the only time I knew I could encourage them to let them know they were wanted. How often I would be sitting at work and just thinking of them and would feel them start moving. One of the sales rep told me, 'this is the time where the fear of God is important'. He was a real looker and true to his wife, is the reason I respected what he said. Some girls are just lucky all the way around. Hope that is in your case as well. Such delicate time you want life to be kind. Blessings to you and your family. Love your name, most of my nieces are named Sarah. Another thing you have the joy of giving someone a name. Wow!

Congratulations, Sarah, what a wonderful time! I wish for you a pregnancy and delivery exactly as I had - one wonderful day after another and a present at the end!

I was sooooo niave, though, I thought the baby only kicked once...that was quickening...right? I waited with my hands on my tummy afraid I would miss it! Boy was I wrong!

Love, hugs, good health and happiness!

Congratulations Sarah! Pregnancy was one of the best times of my life. I pray you have as easy a pregnancy as I had. It's funny how different they can all be. My mom said that I kicked so much that when she was in a car accident and I stopped kicking for 30 minutes, she thought I was dead. (I still can't keep my legs still!). My daughter, on the other hand, never kicked me once through my whole pregnancy. One time I felt a tiny little "boop" but otherwise, she just gently rolled. And boy did she hiccup a lot! My daughter was also born in September, but 25 1/2 years ago. Back then ultrasounds were only used if there was a problem, so I never had one done (I could have requested one I guess, but insurance wouldn't pay for it). I would have loved that. :) Enjoy this time Sarah. As they say, "the best is yet to come."

:) Barbara

Congrats on the News Sarah from the new gandparents.

Our daughter had a baby girl last week. Already talking about number 2.

Susies remark "It's not as much fun getting it out as it was getting it in" didn't phase her at all...... 8) 8) :LOL:

I won't bet on a sex, boy or girl, it doesn't matter, maybe one of each early would be nice. :shock: 10 fingers, ten toes - all's well.

congrats and hugs sarah!!!!!!!! your love, already strong, will only grow by leaps and bounds from here on in. it will amaze you how much you can love a tiny little being like that. promise that you will tell us, when you find out, if it's a girl or boy. when my wife and i went for the checkup ultrasound, and we found out we were having a boy and he was by all appearances healthy, i think i jumped 10 feet in the air, arms pumping, and banged into the arm of some big machine in the room, sending it flying. i hope i didn't break it.
ok everyone, a few more months and it will be time to start another advice and best wishes thread for sarah...

that is so awesome, sarah. congratulations! what names do you have in mind?
50.gif

keep us updated, okay?
all my best to you and the baby. :)

Brooksy said:
Congrats on the News Sarah from the new gandparents.

Our daughter had a baby girl last week. Already talking about number 2.

Susies remark "It's not as much fun getting it out as it was getting it in" didn't phase her at all...... 8) 8) :LOL:

I won't bet on a ***, boy or girl, it doesn't matter, maybe one of each early would be nice. :shock: 10 fingers, ten toes - all's well.

Congratulations to you, Brooksy. Is this your first grandchild? What is her name? Who does she look like? Had an easy time? Did you get to be there when it happened or does she live out of town? I am sure you will take good care of her. My mother always seemed to spoil the grandchildren. Do you know they seemed to thrive on her treatment? They knew they were loved. We all want to follow in our mom's example.

In the Kitchen said:
Congratulations to you, Brooksy. Is this your first grandchild? What is her name? Who does she look like? Had an easy time? Did you get to be there when it happened or does she live out of town? I am sure you will take good care of her. My mother always seemed to spoil the grandchildren. Do you know they seemed to thrive on her treatment? They knew they were loved. We all want to follow in our mom's example.

Thanx ITK. Much appreciated. Now for the answers.
1. Yes, Our 1st.
2. Skye Eleanora
3. Depends who you talk to. :LOL: :LOL: She is really beautiful.
4. As far as I could tell. Susie said Mum was distressed near the end & Dad was going flat out on the gas..
5. I wasn't there when she was put in :shock: :LOL: , but we were at the hosp. when she was born. Susie was in delivery room, I was in the 'other room'.
6. I posted on Birthsdays & intro's - "It's a girl". last week :LOL:

The main thing is that child birth is an experience. I can't speak for women, but from my point of view, it is very scary. Susie & I have 3 so it must have been really interesting from her persective because it is choice.

I think you'll be a good Mum (or Mom) Sarah, don't take advice from a male, listen to the ladies. They're the one's with ALL the experience. :D

I'm still really chuffed at your news.

Great stuff.........
:D :D :D

kitchenelf said:
I've wondered where you've been sarah!!! Congratulations. It's quite an experience - enjoy it!!!
yeah you r right elf! i havent been visiting here much because i was sick mostly and could'nt hear all this talk of food,but i'm back,and thanks!

Back
Top Bottom