Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been using these or fluorescent full spectrum lights now for, let's see, since 2005 and they do help. They help SAD because they are light 'like the sun', and they reset your sleep clock by creating a light like the sun, in your eyes, even when the sun is not shining. Use them from 8 am to 8 pm, like the sun, if you had that much sun. I only use them in the family room. I also had them at work. By resetting your sleep clock, you get tired at a regular time, your sleep is not as disrupted. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018OS06S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have no financial interests in these, or stock or whatever. They just seem to help.

Spike finally set my clock back yesterday. I don't think I have ever had SAD.

I had a big blowout with Winthrop yesterday. I came back home really upset to the point it raised the level of pain on my leg. Pirate is sick with a very bad cold or a mild case of the flu. I betting on the flu. You don't get the chills or get a fever of 101ºF. with just a bad cold.

This apartment need a good cleaning. I just don't have the energy yesterday and it looks like today also. Pirate is of no help. I guess I will just have to pull myself together and at least get it started. So much for trying to stay off my leg.

Massachusetts just agreed to switch to Atlantic time year-round (equivalent to being on DST all year). It will be implemented when the rest of the East Coast states also make the switch.

I prefer DST to standard time. I tend to rise late so the amount of daylight in the early hours isn't important to me. On the other hand, I prefer it get dark later.

Do you think the rest of the EC states will agree to being on Atlantic time year round? I haven't heard anything about NC or VA doing it. GG, have you heard anything about VA doing this?

Do you think the rest of the EC states will agree to being on Atlantic time year round? I haven't heard anything about NC or VA doing it. GG, have you heard anything about VA doing this?
No, this is the first time I've heard about it. DH hates the time change - it messes up his exercise schedule after work. It doesn't bother me so much, so I could flow with it [emoji38]

The northern most eastern coast of Maine is already on Atlantic time. And then there is Greenwich time. I wish the world would stop playing with the time. What time is Hawaii on?

I am so confused.

No clue what the other states are thinking. MA apparently has little else to do so they addressed the issue.

Amen, Andy. It's not like there are more pressing problems in this state. I prefer DST, too. We still haven't adjusted to an earlier sunrise. The sun rises and sets 40 minutes earlier here than it does back in Ohio. I still miss late June 9:00 P.M. sunsets...

It's not all east coast states, just New England. If you look at a map, New England hangs out further into the Atlantic Ocean. I figure this won't ever happen - the other states probably think it's silly.

Amen, Andy. It's not like there are more pressing problems in this state. I prefer DST, too. We still haven't adjusted to an earlier sunrise. The sun rises and sets 40 minutes earlier here than it does back in Ohio. I still miss late June 9:00 P.M. sunsets...

It's not all east coast states, just New England. If you look at a map, New England hangs out further into the Atlantic Ocean. I figure this won't ever happen - the other states probably think it's silly.

No we don't...

PF, are you talking about daylight savings time? Or about New England switching to the Atlantic time zone? If it did, people in CA would be getting back to work from lunch just as New England workers were getting out for the day. Crazy long work day across the nation.

PF, are you talking about daylight savings time? Or about New England switching to the Atlantic time zone? If it did, people in CA would be getting back to work from lunch just as New England workers were getting out for the day. Crazy long work day across the nation.
Well, in Canada we have one more time zone east of Atlantic time: Newfoundland time, half an hour earlier than Atlantic time.

Talking about the time changes. Now those are silly.

Wasn't daylight savings time set differently to save energy?

Stats so far say it isn't saving energy.

Can we at least go back to the old day light savings time?

Last edited:
Stupid firefighter Redux! Imagine that, same fire district! About two weeks ago the boss calls me to chew me out about my bad attitude by the firefighters at that same station. Again reported to him by the same District Chief. All I could think of was my laughing at the idiot from my last time being there 3 months ago.:ohmy::huh: The truth then comes out that it was a couple days earlier.:huh: Problem was I hadn't been to that district yet on my route!:mad: Think I got an apology from the District Chief? Not.:mad:

Last edited:
No follow through..

We have a "Neighborhood" forum consisting of about 300 members out of about 1200 possible area homes. Topics pertinent to our area are discussed, including yard, furniture and auto sales.
As part of my impending move, we are selling or donating most of our household goods.

I selected 5 small appliances, priced them as fairly as possible and placed an ad on the forum.
I immediately had 3 responses, asking me to PM them. I messaged the first person, asking her to set a time she could come see the items. I also messaged the other 2 ladies, explaining that if the 1st fell through I would message them.
The first person failed to respond so, after 2 days, I messaged the 2nd lady. She responded, saying that she thought the items would not be available (because of the 1st lady) so she purchased 2 of the most expensive items she wanted, in a retail store.

I messaged the 3rd lady and she responded, telling me she wanted the items. I messaged her with my phone number and address, asking her to let me know when would be a good time for her. She responded, giving me her phone number. I called and she told me (this was Sunday evening) that she could come by Monday evening or Tuesday daytime. I asked her to call 1/2 hour before coming so, that I'd be certain to be home.

Monday evening, no call.. All day Tuesday no call.

Does no one follow through anymore? I am donating these, very good, appliances now.
To hell with people.. :mad:

Ross

Last edited:
Yes, most of them are flakes. I had the same experience with one person getting very irate, when she didn't show up for the item I called the second person. It was a teapot...not the Mona Lisa.

This past Summer I sold an olde iPhone on Facebook Marketplace. I posted it with a photo and a fixed price of $100. Got a lot of responses. I was going to sell it to the first person who responded.

One later buyer said they wanted it and offer $70. I said no thanks that I already had a buyer at $100. His response was to up his bid to $90. ?????? Flakes.

I've never sold anything on any kind of social media. Come to think of it, I've never advertised anything for sale on paper print, either. I just don't want strangers having my phone number and address, not to mention negotiating with them about price - even if they're non-flakes. :ermm::LOL:

I don't have yard sales either, for the same reason. I do have some things I would like to get rid of after the first of the year - my daughter said she would handle that for me. :D

I tried to sell my sofa on Craig's List once. Now I've bought off Craig's List often, but this was my first time selling. I got nothing but scam replies, the ones that wanted to send a mover to pick up the sofa, give me a check (for more than the amount of money), have me cash the check and send them the difference (or keep the difference, whatever).

It got so bad I finally added to the ad:

"I am here to sell a sofa. First person with CASH in hand gets it. I am not going to run around to a bank, cash checks, wire money anywhere, deal with any movers, or allow the sofa out of my house without first getting paid in CASH."

Did that stop the scammers? Oh, heck, no...

I still have the sofa.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom