Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They live in Alberta. There's a farmer in Sask. With a you tube channel that I enjoy watching.
Anyway, I think it's ridiculous they are trying to force packers to stay open. I worked in a packing house for a short time as a young man. Say for example there's five people that know how to do one certain job. When those people are out sick who is going to do it?

taxy, even if you are lucky enough to source from locals - be prepared to endure the same as the rest of Canada - there will be shortages as several major slaughterhouses out west have closed. These houses supply a goodly portion of Canadian market. That will mean people will source out your favourite suppliers, snatch them up causing shortages to you and in all probability much higher prices.

I believe my marriage is over. I'm tired of being the only one who doesn't want to continuously complain about life, about woe is me. I'm tired of sticking up for her bad behavior to my children, to my friends. I'm tire of the continuing stress that she brings into my life, every day. I'm tired of the fact that she has alienated herself from all four of our children, who all get along with me, and want to have me around, and she's not willing to do anything to mend fences with any of them. I'm sick of her victim mentality and that she thinks that every problem is everyone else's fault.

After a battle yesterday, where she said that our marriage was over, I talked her into trying to make it work. I said that we needed counseling as what we were doing wasn't working. She won't agree to that. So she continued fighting with me. i told her that I would do anything to make things work within our family, anything. If I had problems with the relationships I have with my children, I would do whatever it would take to fix it, including counseling. I said that if she really loved any of us, she should be willing to do the same. She is not willing, and blames the relationship issues on the kids. It souldn't be that she's doing something wrong, not in her eyes.

Last nikght, after my son returened home, after I let him use the truck I purchzased, she stated to me that he was to never use our truck again. I said to her in no uncertain language that I paid for the truck, every penny of it. And I said that I would be the one to make the decision about who gets to use it, and when. She said that her name was on the title too. I had her name added to the title so that myu osn couldn't argue that she didn't have the right to drive it. But I still paid for it. I have 99% ownership of the truck, and so she doesn't get to dictate to me who can or cannot use it.

This morning, I woke her up ikn tome to take me to dialysis, something I have to havew to live. She refued to take me. My son will tke me. And she's on the warpath beause I woulodn't let her again dictate my actions. She's willing to put my life at risk because I won'[t let her have her own way. I'm done. When I move away, and that will be as soon as I can reasonable do so after taking care of bills, and responsibilities, she's going to find it a challenge to pay for her won medical bills, the utilities, and upkeep that come with owning a house, buying her own food, etc. She wants to burn that bridge with me, then she will be on her own. She hasn't
worked a day and paid into social security for 43 years. The only reason she gets anything is because I did pay into SS for for over 50 years. When I'm not there to support her anymore, life is going to get much more difficult for her. But, that's her choice. I'm no longer willing to let her drive me into the grave.

Of course you are hearing just my side of the story. So look at this as my gripe. She is basically computer illiterate, except for her abilith to purchase things we don't need. So she can't give he side of the story.

All I ever wanted was to have a family where we all loved and supported each other, and enjoyed each other's company. I have that with all of mu children and grand children. She has it with none of them. Seh sill be lonely. But that's not my fault.

Seeeeua; Cheif Longwind of the North

Chief, I think you just have a bad case of CABIN FEVER!!!!!!!! Please, this is not the time to make major decisions like you have. Trust me, you are not alone in the way you feel. I think after this mess is over, we will see a very high divorce rate. How sad!!!

Chief,
Trust me on this one. I know exactly where your coming from.
I'm shocked and saddened for your situation.:(
Were both in the same boat.Sad but true.

Keep in mind that you have a family here at DC.:flowers:
And to remind you of something so very thoughtful that you did for me many years ago that you've probably have forgotten about. hopefully it will lift your spirits up.:yum:

I was sick at the time (Thanksgiving) I was having trouble making a pie crust .You took the time to write out in detail how to make one. We followed it to the letter. It took us my sons an I 3 ppl to get it done but we did it!
To this day we laugh and joke about it, boy did we mess up the kitchen. My guys now only want pumpkin pie made in a square pan.They say that was the best pie they ever had. So thank you Chief.

Munky.

Chief, I think you just have a bad case of CABIN FEVER!!!!!!!! Please, this is not the time to make major decisions like you have. Trust me, you are not alone in the way you feel. I think after this mess is over, we will see a very high divorce rate. How sad!!!

How sad, indeed..

I suppose I'm naive but, I can't wrap my mind around a pleasant marriage ending because a couple has to quarantine together.. I have to think that there must be (have been) major marital problems before shelter in place together..

Sometimes its just time to move on..

Ross

I'm so very sorry to hear this, Chief. My heart is broken for you [emoji174] I can't imagine how difficult this decision must be for you. Take good care of yourself. {{{hugs}}}

cookieee, you don't know the Chief and his situation as well as those of us who have been here for many years. He's not giving up on a 40-year marriage because of cabin fever. And I agree with Ross that a strong, successful marriage should be able to survive this.

You're sure right there GG. The Souschef and I aren't spending more time together now than we usually do. When we got back from that epic 31 day cruise around South America a few years ago without killing each other in that small no privacy room, we knew we could make it together forever. ;)
He is such an easy person to live with and keeps me laughing every day. I'm ever so thankful to have his company during this time as I really feel for so many people who live alone.

Thanks everyone. I wish my relationship with my wife could be different. I don't want to call it quits. But that is up to her. I;m willing to get counselling to save our relationship. She isn't, and had estranged herself from all of her family, and mine, including our children. She has to make some effort. I won't give her a divorce. And I hope she is willing to get the help she needs. I can't force her to get that help. That's jsut the way it is. She's setting herself up for a very lonely remainder of her life. I can'
t help that. If she does decide to get the help she needs, I am willking to support her.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I'm not trying to get anyone to take sides. None of you know my wife, and are only hearing my side of he story. For those who believe in a greeter power, prayers are certainly welcome. And you don't need to say anything about it in this forum. If you feell so inclined, please keep it private, and personal. Thank all of your for your support.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom