Pity for cows much more than birds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
do you like me won't eat much beef and other mammals because you feel much more pity for these animals than chicken?

i used to eat just plants years ago but since then something changed and i returned to eat animals.

it's awful but i can't pass a day without some chicken....

Well, just think of how many things out there "taste like chicken"!:ROFLMAO:

In the summertime I go long periods of time when I "dont eat animals", but only because of all the vegetables from my garden.

1687623243816.png

I grew up on a small family farm and have no issues with eating meat or animal products.

My concern is over how animals are treated and how our food is processed.

I’m more uneasy with the test tube Frankinfoods being introduced as alternatives to traditional animal products.

View attachment 65013

I grew up on a small family farm and have no issues with eating meat or animal products.

My concern is over how animals are treated and how our food is processed.

I’m more uneasy with the test tube Frankinfoods being introduced as alternatives to traditional animal products.
While I didn't grow up on a farm, I agree. Ethical treatment of the animals and the environment, along with how it's processed matters more to me.

The fake meats that taste like meat are full of stuff I would rather not eat. Lab grown meat, with the processes for growing it at the moment, is probably worse for the environment than meat, in terms of CO2 production.

do you like me won't eat much beef and other mammals because you feel much more pity for these animals than chicken?

i used to eat just plants years ago but since then something changed and i returned to eat animals.

it's awful but i can't pass a day without some chicken....
I feel bad for all of them but we can't help it if we're omnivores. The way I look at it I believe animals have souls. So I look at it as a cow can feed 50 or maybe even a hundred people, so that's one soul. A chicken can only feed maybe four for it's one soul.

There are many animals I would never eat. And I feel like plants have souls too.

It doesn't bother me to eat animals for their being animals. Scientifically there is no chain of being where some life forms are higher or lower than others. It is inaccurate to speak of more or less evolved. These ideas are based in the logical fallacy of anthropomorphism.

There are certainly environmental reasons to consider. On the other hand there are rocky hills that aren't arable that can support grazing and such that are appropriate and even environmentally sound use. Further, on a global perspective, this kind of ranching and land is more frequently that of the economically disenfranchised so there are ways that eschewing meat hurts others. In my country that's not so much the case though.

I tend to use meat more as a flavoring and a delight than the focus of the meal. Which means I'm eating more plants to fuel me anyway.

I don't eat cows but that's only cause I don't like beef. I like chicken and almost all seafood. I actually used to be a vegetarian but I went back to eating meat. Nowadays I can't live without some kind of proteins. Animals taste too good, I am sorry to report.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom