Quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In honor of Grandparent's Day:

"Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric." – Pam Brown

Either people are not attributing quotes to the person being quoted or they are simply posting aphorisms.

Why don't we start a thread for aphorisms and make this one just for quotes with attribution?

We should listen twice as much as we talk. It's obvious. We have two ears and only one mouth.
~~
A former co-worker

When life gets challenging & stressful always remember there can be no flowers without raindrops.

Hey guys :)

Got some quotes you really like, put them here :)

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.” (Attributed to Edmund Burke among others) Probably a little over-done these days but I think it still has something to say.

Last edited:
Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you
Especially the one who says "I disagree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it" (Voltaire, I think)

"A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

Some say this quote is from Ben Franklin, some say Dale Carnegie and some don't care! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom