Reanie's Mom (moved from Venting)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reanie,

I am very sorry your mom and you received such bad news. :( You might want to call your local Hospice and talk to someone in pastoral care. They are very good listeners.
You and your mom are in my prayers.

Sorry I have not been able to really get back to all of you personally but promise I will when I am able to take the time. My mom is still in the hospital - She is not doing as well as she should be. Her lung is leaking and not healing properly due to the condition of her lungs.. Please keep those prayers going as I truly believe in the power of prayer. I am going to see her tonight and am taking a copy of this thread to show her all the support and care you are sending. Thank you all for helping me through this - Irene

Thanks for sharing Reanie . . . we continue to keep you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.

You tell your mom to take care and let God hold her and help her through this! My prayers are still with you!!

Irene,
I'm still thinking and praying for you and your dear mom...Give her a gentle hug from all of us here..I've found loving arms lift the soul and spirit.
kadesma

Love

I am so sure that if she can understand all the messages and prayers that are given on this thread it will help her mental state. It if form of healing when someone expresses concern. The fact that you are near really is a strong strength she is leaning on. Knowing your child wants you to come through makes a difference. My days w/my own mother were ones that I remember and draw my own strength from. I did what I had to and today I am so very very thankful I was there to do it. Memories are priceless. May our good heavenly Father keep you both in His loving arms.

Do not know what I would do without all your support - Saw mom last night and her pain is getting worse as she adjusts to the pain killers - Also her lung is still not healing but the HMO'S want her to be sent home in the next day or two regaurdless of her condition - They want to put a plug into the hole in her lung and send her home anyway - This is way too dangerous of a thing to do -She will have a nurse come to her house once a day and I am a nurse as well - Still do not agree with early dischrge - She did not even get out of ICU as of yet!!!!!! I am worried and MAD!!!!!!!:angry:

Thank you all for being here for me and mom - Karma coming your way for your kindness and support - God Bless - Irene

Reanie, I think you should talk to the supervisor and/or superintendentl and insist that your mum be allowed to stay until she is well enough to be discharged. Judging from her condition, she needs special attention and medical care in this critical stage. So do your level best to talk to him and hopefully something good will come out of it. I wish your mum a speedy recovery and to you the strength to cope with all this.

OK - Just spoke to mom - they did surgery again this morning - they put in a plug/tube into her lung - It sticks out about 6 inches - it hurts just to see it - They are now keeping her till tomorrow - Am worried - She got up to go into the restroom which is only 5 feet from her bed and was out of breath - not good - am getting more worried and also angry at the HMO's with too much power - Maybe I should have waited to take that anger test on here - lol - At least I am smiling today though - Thanks to all of you -

Your posts about your mum have left me totally shocked. I'm amazed at the hospital's behaviour. I hope everything goes OK. I'll be thinking about you both.

My father had the same problem with going to the rest room just five feet away. He needed oxygen after the bathroom walk. That was the first time I had ever seen my dads bottom because his hospital clothes had come open and I realized he was so strong to try to get to the bathroom, but he was actually very weak. I wish you and your mom the very best.

Back
Top Bottom