Rum Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rum Cake

package Duncan Hines Golden Butter Cake Mix
3 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white or golden rum
1/2 cup water
1 small package of instant vanilla pudding
1/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Grease heavily and flour a bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts on bottom of pan. Mix all ingredients and pour into pan over nuts. Bake at 325 for 50-60 minutes.

While the cake is baking, get ready to make the glaze. The glaze should be ready at the same time the cake is done.

Glaze
1 stick butter
1/4 cup rum
1 cup sugar

Put glaze ingredients in a small pan and heat til boiling and let boil for 2 minutes, no longer.

Pour glaze around outside of cake pan immediately upon removing from oven and let cool in pan for twenty minutes. Remove from pan.

Daily, your recipe reminds me of a dear friend who passed a few years ago. She always brought us rum cake for Christmas, and it was delicious, but she was VERY heavy handed with the rum. One could get tipsy just sniffing it!

This recipe reminds me so much of the cakes my Grannie made when I was growing up, they always used simple ingredients that ended up with spectacular results. Thanks for posting it :)

Thanks for posting this recipe. I like the idea of giving a rum cake for Christmas - I might just do that this year and use this recipe!! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom