Smart Water apparent fraud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
Do you ever buy Smart Water. I do, once in a while. The bottle is labeled 33.8 FL OZ or 1 L.

Accidentally I stumbled on fact that it doesn't have 1 litter of water in it. It is about 900 ML. How I discovered that. I had an empty bottle that I decided to fill with water from 2 0.5 Liter of water, it did not fit in. Then I remeasured those small bottles. Then I measured Smart Water bottle. I've done this on at least 3 occasions. Every time forgetting to do anything about this.

Today I decide to call Smart Water and complain. When I told the person what is going on, and that there is only 900 ml of water in the bottle instead of 1000 ml, the idiot on the other end of the line informed me that I am wrong, that 1 liter is only 750 ml. At first I tried to explain to her that in metric system everything is divided by 10 or a 100, or a 1000, to no avail. Then I was trying to explain to her that according to her they are putting too much water per bottle and that is not possible. But that did not help.

At this point I would like to call the proper authorities, but have no idea whom to call. Help me out with that please.

But before I proceed, I would like to challenge you to perform the same experiment. Buy 1 liter bottle of Smart Water and measure to see how much water is truly in it. Maybe my measuring is wrong. Maybe the bottle I have is defective, maybe I simply do not know how to read my numbers, or worse yet I do not know how much milliliters in 1 liter. And Smart water is just that nice and they giving us a whole extra 150 ML of water per bottle.

Help me out please.

To be honest with you, the only reason I’ve been buying this water on occasion is for bottles. I could not find a light, reusable, simple bottle. When I travel to Florida for Passover, I make my own juice. Rather juices. Lemon, lime, orange. I then bottle and freeze them. Smart Eater bottle is most convenient kind of bottle I found for transportation.
It was by accident that I stumble on the problem.

P.S. Terrible. I kind of knew about evaporation and the taste. It is a total rip off.

Last edited:
Another thing... did you know that plastic water bottles are not recyclable unless someone removes the caps and the little rings the little "safety" rings that separate from the caps?

So, when you throw them in your recycling bin, they may get recycled, or may go to a land fill.

CD

We buy a lot of bottled water as we don't drink our well water.

I used to buy the fancy stuff, as some does taste better, but now its Earth2o, or Fiji, or usually the cheap store brand stuff.

Fiji water is supposed to help remove aluminum from the system, or something like that due to being filtered through silica sand.

I just like the taste.

So, can anybody, especially in a different than MN state, please check the amount of water in the smart water bottle.

So, can anybody, especially in a different than MN state, please check the amount of water in the smart water bottle.

I'll try to remember to buy a bottle next time I go grocery shopping. ;)

Do remember, you will be jousting with windmills (Don Quixote), going up against CocaCola.

CD

Back
Top Bottom