Sunday dinner menus, July 29th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pizza from the Italian bakery. Maybe I will throw together a salad. Leftover fruit salad for something sweet.

beer can chicken ... green beans ..
smashed garlic potatos .. small green salad ..
some kind of bread .. and some strawberry shortcake
or something like that ..

We're on our way out for breakfast.... dinner is a distant thought yet to be discussed.

I plan on making a macaroni and cheese with ham chopped in it tonight for dinner and I am trying to figure out what to pair with it. The mac/cheese is being made with mozzarella, parmesan and fontina cheese and will have little chunks of cooked ham in it. So any ideas as to what to pair with this wonderful dish?

Family sunday :LOL:
appies, don't know my girls are doing something and I've yet to find out what!!!
bbq shredded pork sammies, baked beans, corn on cob wrapped in foil then grilled,platter of melons and grapes,nectarines,peaches,strawberry shortcake...kadesma:)
Happy sunday everyone

I made an asparagus and red pepper tofu frittata, a recipe out of my Vegan with a Vengeance cookbook. It's currently cookin and smells lovely!

The boy had turkey burgers, he was smart last weekend and with his leftover ground turkey he made up some tasty spicy burger patties and froze them!

Today I will be grilling chicken, baked potatoes, Mustard greens (canned and dr'd up), salad, grilled sour dough bread. Either ice cream sundaes, or my ice cream sandwich dipped in crushed peanuts - :rolleyes: !

bone-in chix breasts on the grill. may brush with General Tso's sauce instead of BBQ for something diff.
iceberg lettuce w/ croutons salad for boring HH
butter lettuce and Black Prince tomato salad for me
the last of the cherry cobbler for dessert.

Tonight will be roast beef, rosemary oven roasted potatoes and butternut squash with leeks. Red wine of course.

Hey KitchenSally - "snap!"

We had roast beef (got some 21 day hung stuff which was just devine), roast pots with rosemary from the garden, peas with fried pancetta (try it - nice combination), brocolli and yorkshire puds.

Gravy made by deglazing the roasting tin with red wine and all serverd with a huge dollop of Horse-raddish.

Oh - and a very, very nice Italian Amarone.

Regallion said:
Hey KitchenSally - "snap!"

Gravy made by deglazing the roasting tin with red wine and all serverd with a huge dollop of Horse-raddish.

Hey,

Your dinner sounds great.

Don't think I'm going to make the yorkshires tonight. Hmmm, you have me wanting them now since you mentioned it. Still lots of time for me to get my self organized for that though.

Barb L said:
Today I will be grilling chicken, baked potatoes, Mustard greens (canned and dr'd up), salad, grilled sour dough bread. Either ice cream sundaes, or my ice cream sandwich dipped in crushed peanuts - :rolleyes: !

I have been reading these posts about dipping ice cream sandwiches in peanuts so I had enough! I did it......YUM!

Chicken on the grill..might try it with this Wild Huckleberry BBQ sauce mom and dad got on their trip west...
Grilled corn on the cob, not in the husks (bless DH's heart...he thought he was being helpful by shucking the corn at the store, not realizing I wanted to grill it WITH the husks on)...in foil with salt and butter.
Red tators cut up and in foil packets with some butter, oil, seasoned salt, onions and parsley.

Tonight we had white mushroom caps stuffed with crab meat (rub buttons with EVOO to prevent burn), Toss salad with raspberry vinegarette. Chilain seabass on a bed of roma tomatoes and yellow squash. Side of long grain white rice. Paired with Norton reserva Malbec 2005. It was good though a red for the high oil of the fish.

We had what we were suppose to have last night "chicken, brocolli and corn on teh cob". The corn on the cob is excellent right now. Last night - we ended up throwing a pizza in the oven. My 16 month old has been pretty sick so things have been hectic.

we went out for brekkie, then to a local zoo today that has a new budgie aviary,and had a great time. then dw in the spirit of things, went to get her talons sharpened and painted :cool: , so i cooked while i treated the boy to his first viewing of mister rodgers "on demand", followed by old lawrence welk episodes. he was mesmerised by melodic, pastel banality long enough for me to cook dinner.
<<<singing "beautiful day in the neighborhood"...>>>>

the kid is so caucasian it's almost sickening.

i keep telling him he was born a poor black child, but he tells me that's improper, and i forgot the comma between poor and black (made ya look).

so, while muzak filled the house, i made broiled buffalo chicken wings, baked spuds since i had the oven going, and garlic sauteed spinach from the garden. i was amazed that an entire 12 foot row of spinach barely made enough for one meal when wilted down. :ermm:

it was an odd meal. the boy didn't really go for the wings, so dw made him dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets. i tried to go the "winged creatures like birds are the evolution of dinosaurs" route, but all i got was stares.. :huh: :mad: :mad:

apparently, dinner shouldn't always include a lesson.

trellison72 said:
I plan on making a macaroni and cheese with ham chopped in it tonight for dinner and I am trying to figure out what to pair with it. The mac/cheese is being made with mozzarella, parmesan and fontina cheese and will have little chunks of cooked ham in it. So any ideas as to what to pair with this wonderful dish?

this post reminds me that I saw the Bobby Flay version of mac and cheese where he actually won the throwdown. he had some sort of ham/proscuitto/panchetta or something in there too. His looked wonderful

Back
Top Bottom