Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
horse-sticking-its-tongue-out-funny-animal-pictures.jpg

When my kids were small, I am sorry to say they would steal them off porches and bring them home for me to cook and freeze. They were not the angelic kids I wanted. They were normal. :angel:

REALLY?? normal?? Not so much in my world. If my child had done that, she would have been marched back to the appropriate house(s) carrying the pumpkin(s) and made to apologize, plus the punishment from me and her dad.

REALLY?? normal?? Not so much in my world. If my child had done that, she would have been marched back to the appropriate house(s) carrying the pumpkin(s) and made to apologize, plus the punishment from me and her dad.

I think what Addie meant was they were no more perfect than anyone else's children. They had their weeknesses just like everyone else.

I think what Addie meant was they were no more perfect than anyone else's children. They had their weeknesses just like everyone else.

Two reasons why I didn't march my kids back. One, because they were with a bunch of other kids. Who stole what?

Second reason, I never shamed my kids in public. The matter was taken care of in the home all the time. My family business staid in the home. The one time I did shame one of my kids, still haunts me to this day.

One time my granddaughter was caught shoplifting. I had to go pick her up. When we left the store, she was sobbing. I never said a word to her. When we got home I asked her if she was wondering why I didn't yell at her. My answer to her was, "because could you have felt any worse if I started to yell at you in public than you did when you saw me?" Of course her answer was "no'. She knew she had disappointed me. And that is what hurt her more than anything I could say to her. And I certainly wasn't going to berate her in the store in front of total strangers. I always tried to remember, "Children have feelings too." :angel:

:LOL: mwahaha

When I was about 10 years old, I got this stupid urge to write on the kitchen cabinets. I took a piece of chalk (so it could be washed off easily) and wrote my little sister's name. :ohmy:

My mother saw it and was giving my sister a real dressing down. Sister, "But Mommy, I can't write in handwriting. I can only print."

Oh my, was I ever in trouble. Far more for trying to put the blame on my sister than for the fairly harmless writing in chalk. I have apologized to my sister. :LOL:

Two reasons why I didn't march my kids back. One, because they were with a bunch of other kids. Who stole what?

Second reason, I never shamed my kids in public. The matter was taken care of in the home all the time. My family business staid in the home. The one time I did shame one of my kids, still haunts me to this day.

One time my granddaughter was caught shoplifting. I had to go pick her up. When we left the store, she was sobbing. I never said a word to her. When we got home I asked her if she was wondering why I didn't yell at her. My answer to her was, "because could you have felt any worse if I started to yell at you in public than you did when you saw me?" Of course her answer was "no'. She knew she had disappointed me. And that is what hurt her more than anything I could say to her. And I certainly wasn't going to berate her in the store in front of total strangers. I always tried to remember, "Children have feelings too." :angel:

If the pumpkins were in their possession, they stole them. Try telling a police offiicer differently.

When i was very small, I wanted some candy from the display when mother and I were checking out at the grocery. She did'nt want to buy it because it was of my teeth. Well, I lifted it while she was busy. I wasn't smart enough to wait until we got home and go to my room to eat and stuffed it in my mouth while she was putting the groceries in the car. Of course i got caught. She made me spit it out and marched me back in and made me apologize to the store manager. Yes, I was ashamed but when I was in my teens and some of my friends were 'experimenting' with shoplifting, I had no desire to join in. Apologizing as a little kid is a lot better than standing in front of a judge in criminal court.

:LOL: Ah, my life with twins! :ROFLMAO: Except in our home the red one was "she".

The kids were just a couple years old. Loverly and I were sitting at the kitchen table when she said "Mom, look at Goober". I turned to look at our son...who had his blanket draped over his head Linus-style, busy writing on the wall in pencil. I lifted the blanket and said "WHAT are you doing???" to which he replied "how did you know I was here?". :LOL: Have I mentioned that he's our kid with the really high IQ? Book smart - life stupid. :rolleyes:

:LOL: Ah, my life with twins! :ROFLMAO: Except in our home the red one was "she".

The kids were just a couple years old. Loverly and I were sitting at the kitchen table when she said "Mom, look at Goober". I turned to look at our son...who had his blanket draped over his head Linus-style, busy writing on the wall in pencil. I lifted the blanket and said "WHAT are you doing???" to which he replied "how did you know I was here?". :LOL: Have I mentioned that he's our kid with the really high IQ? Book smart - life stupid. :rolleyes:

I had two kids that were book smart. And with a smart and quick wit mouth. And I still can't win a battle of words with Spike. He ALWAYS has a quick comeback. The other one, Poo, just tilts his head and says, "Okay Ma." Then he rattles off some medical reason why I am the way I am. Can't win with him either. No wonder I feel like a loser some days. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom