Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow!!! What a find. I am so happy for you.

Being from Boston, when I hear "Craig's List", you know what I think of.... Glad this one turned out to be a happy thought. :):)

Wow!!! What a find. I am so happy for you.

Being from Boston, when I hear "Craig's List", you know what I think of.... Glad this one turned out to be a happy thought. :):)

I did read about the craigs list killer story in Boston--it's like any magazine, store, street--people can be dangerous anywhere.

The biggest complaint I hear about craigs list is that people say they will come pick something up and then never show up, and that there are so many scam responses they have to sort through.
This was just a good thing for them and for me.

I have a friend that uses Craigslist often. He even sold a car for $24,000, far more than a dealer was willing to give for a trade.

I did read about the craigs list killer story in Boston--it's like any magazine, store, street--people can be dangerous anywhere.

The biggest complaint I hear about craigs list is that people say they will come pick something up and then never show up, and that there are so many scam responses they have to sort through.
This was just a good thing for them and for me.

Just a footnote to his story. His then fiance' is now happily married and has gone one with her life. They were only a few days away from their society wedding.

My SIL often sells things on Craig's List and has made some good money. Also one of the daughter's of a resident here, makes her living selling on ebay and Craig's List. The buyer also has to come to her to get their stuff. Although she does mail from ebay as long as the funds are there. She only accepts PayPal. For pickups, it has to be cash. Smart woman. She had her learning curve when she first started.

I have a friend that uses Craigslist often. He even sold a car for $24,000, far more than a dealer was willing to give for a trade.

When my SIL had to retire due to medical disabilities, he sold all of his equipment for welding on Craig's List. Some kid that was looking to break into the union bought it all at a profit for SIL. That kid is now in classes that my SIL teaches for the union. He helped the kid get in. One of his best students. A real success story for everyone. :)

To reduce clutter I've been selling a lot of stuff on Craigslist these past several months. I've sold a few of my classical guitars and several custom built bicycles, including lots of bike parts and accessories I've accumulated over the last couple of decades. I've been getting top $$ on some some vintage and hard-to-find components.
I try not to transact business at home as I don't like to give out my home address, but instead have them meet me at my place of business during regular business hours. That has worked out well for me. Just too many weirdos out there.

I told my wife that I did not want to leave her with all my toys when I died. She would have no idea how to price them for sale.

Here's one of my current ads if anyone's interested in a mountain bike:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/bik/3079646970.html

Last edited:
To reduce clutter I've been selling a lot of stuff on Craigslist these past several months. I've sold a few of my classical guitars and several custom built bicycles, including lots of bike parts and accessories I've accumulated over the last couple of decades. I've been getting top $$ on some some vintage and hard-to-find components.
I try not to transact business at home as I don't like to give out my home address, but instead have them meet me at my place of business during regular business hours. That has worked out well for me. Just too many weirdos out there.

I told my wife that I did not want to leave her with all my toys when I died. She would have no idea how to price them for sale.

Here's one of my current ads if anyone's interested in a mountain bike:

Classic DEAN Colonel mountain bike full XT

My would you sell a bike with no pedals? :huh:

Just a little over a week and my baby sister and her family will be moving not just to the same town I'm in, but to the same appartment complex! I'm getting so excited to see them all.

I'm glad the Ogre is back in your house (rather your house than mine!). Wonderful news...hopefully he won't start calling you by his roommate's name...he's been gone so long (or so it seems).

I'm glad the Ogre is back in your house (rather your house than mine!). Wonderful news...hopefully he won't start calling you by his roommate's name...he's been gone so long (or so it seems).

LOL! They have the same name...I could walk in and say Hi just once!

My parents have the same name. As a kid I loved answering the phone. Someone would ask, "Is Gene there?" I'd say, "Which one do you want?" Caller: "Gene!" Me: "Mom or Dad? " Caller: "I need Gene." Me: "Ok, which one?" Most people would catch on, but occasionally someone got flustered by it.

My parents have the same name. As a kid I loved answering the phone. Someone would ask, "Is Gene there?" I'd say, "Which one do you want?" Caller: "Gene!" Me: "Mom or Dad? " Caller: "I need Gene." Me: "Ok, which one?" Most people would catch on, but occasionally someone got flustered by it.

I had different motives for putting them in the same room together, but they did have fun with it. Close in age, both alert and talkative, they got along great. The same first name was just added fun.

Back
Top Bottom