Wednesday Dinner 10-19-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Tried this recipe last night for dinner.It was excellent.Why not have a Ninja dinner. The blender arrived.What a monster!
After it finished I made a nice gravy with the drippings, served it with mashed taters and steamed zucchini.

Modifications were made because I was getting lazy come supper time.
Zested the lemon set aside..Squeezed the juice into a small bowl with thyme instead of rosemary.Dash of s&p. Mixed and rubbed it under the skin.Sprayed the chicken with Pam, rubbed it with some paprika, s&p. Did the searing that way. Removed the chicken to the rack.Added the chicken stock, onions, and zest to the pot. Put the rack back in and gave it about 45 minutes.Great dinner. Best gravy I've tasted in a while.

Recipes

We're having stonies (stone crab claws) and rice pilaf. The season opened on Saturday and runs thru May 15, 2017. Getting ready to make the mustard sauce and start cracking claws. Will post pics later.

The plan is to have Himself grill tuna steaks. That's the PLAN. Everything else is up in the air, but I do have green beans that I'd like to move along...

Munky...that roast chicken you linked to looks and sounds delicious, especially with the gravy.

CG...mmmm....grilled tuna steaks. I hope that plan comes together!

I took a pork shoulder chop out of the freezer to thaw this morning. I was thinking about grilling, but I just found out I'm having Tyler from 3 until 6:30 this evening, and he'll want to be playing ball in the back yard. Probably not a good idea to mix flying balls with open fire. :ohmy::LOL:

I think I'll just pan sear that monstrous chop early this afternoon, cover, and let it braise in some chicken broth and onions. Steamed carrots for a side.

Last edited:
I have lots of leftover Greek meatballs from yesterday, so I'll make some egg noodles and a garden salad to go with them (meat, starch and green :mrgreen:).

DH just called, he's going out with coworkers. Fine with me, it's Survivor night! Think I'll have a tuna melt.

Oh how I miss stone crab claws, Craig. We used to have them when we stayed on Marco during spring break.

Last edited:
After spending a good deal of the day fighting with the washer and finally calling the repairman, I resorted to frozen pizza. Our usual, Freschetta brand, which tasted good. We had Halloween cupcakes for dessert that I bought at the bakery yesterday. We're satisfyingly full and the washer will, hopefully, be all better by Friday.

Everyones' meal sound stunning, but, stone crab claws, UHHH my fave!!

It's been a very stressful day today for DH and I.
Sears had a sale that ended today, so we needed to come to a final decision on a new mattress and box spring... it was CHEAP!!
When we left Southern Arizona, we donated our old bed, `cuz it was ready to go, but I'm sure that someone else could enjoy it for a bit longer.

Oh... :wacko:
dinner, that's right...
I made this
Crispy Fish with Lemon-Dill Sauce Recipe | MyRecipes
along side some roasted Asparagus, yummmmmm, and healthful too ...
now if I can only keep him away from the snacks :stuart:

...CG...mmmm....grilled tuna steaks. I hope that plan comes together!...
Well..not quite. :LOL: Himself decided that he needed to cut grass. By the time he walks uphill and down for an hour and a half, all he's good for is sitting in his recliner. I seared them on my CI pan. Also had crashed potatoes and green beans two ways - one barely cooked and then seared with shallots, the other regular steamed. Both were sprinkled with Manchego cheese. Both were yum. Must have been the cheese. :yum:

Attachments

• 2016-10-19 20.56.14.jpg
    2016-10-19 20.56.14.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 151
Here it is 1 am... and after reading all the posts here with all those marvelous meals.... I'm hungry again... I will not snack, I will not snack, I will not snack

I almost forgot I had defrosted some shrimp - so did up the whole bag... with some zucchini that I lucked out on at the grocer - 50% off - thought I would have to chuck most of them, but 4 days later, opened the bag and they were perfect!!!

ready to be marinated and then the grill pan..
img_1484482_0_79e130d03bb59493963067567338782b.jpg

piled up and keeping warm in the toaster oven..
img_1484482_1_aa8fef9c4e6cff31f0001717f1e84ba2.jpg

on the plate with some Udon noodles...
img_1484482_2_7c6887a0d77a6cf3c7d9885399f83a1e.jpg

sorry not a very good picture of the plated finish... was too hungry!

The marinade on it was delish... hope I didn't lose that combination, too tired to look tonight...

They are beautiful, dragn! Yummy!

Some nice looking and sounding meals tonight!

Last edited:
DH just called, he's going out with coworkers. Fine with me, it's Survivor night! Think I'll have a tuna melt.

Oh how I miss stone crab claws, Craig. We used to have them when we stayed on Marco during spring break.

Well if you want to treat yourself, the place we get them does ship. They are fresh off their boats (the retail storefront and the boat docks are all in the same building) and you can't beat their prices. Hint, buy the mediums ($14/pound right now). You get the biggest bang for your buck. The larger you go the more you are paying for shell weight versus meat as the shell keeps getting thicker as they get bigger. I'll even post the recipe (if we already haven't) for Joe Stone Crabs mustard sauce that we got years and years ago. Grimm Stone Crab- Fresh Florida Stone Crab Shipped

Craig bought 3 pounds yesterday and we have a little bit leftover, enough for an appy for 2 or a small batch of ravioli with red bell pepper sauce.

Shipping, unfortunately, will double your cost as they only ship air but if you buy a bunch (maybe go in with friends) they cost will go down per pound as the cost for air shipping is only $2 more for 10 pounds than for 5 pounds.

I don't want to cause any keyboard drooling or screen licking, but I promised I'd post pics.

36788-albums309-picture6710.jpg

36788-albums309-picture6711.jpg

Back
Top Bottom