What are you baking today? | 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just impressed you work in an office that has so much fun like cheesecake competitions!

I would weigh 800 lbs if I worked in Steve's office. :pig:

Beautiful cheese cake!

Here are the Poi Sweetbread Rolls. No, they are not purple. The purple comes from food coloring. I don't bother.

@mmyap, YUP! I'll take some of those rolls (LOVE Poi) with a ton of BUTTA!

dessert tonight (we only had a small salad for dinner)

suprise brownies.jpeg

I followed the Hershey's recipe and added Trader Joe's Mini Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter cups to each square. Now, I COULD have gilded that lily with a scoop of ice cream, but we ran out ...

Ooo, TJ's mini PB cups? *moan* Good think I have to return an item to them soon. In a dozen years we finally had a second item we did not like. So glad I can take it back and get store credit, only to turn around and spend it and so much more. lol!

All the talk recently about Snickerdoodles inspired me, this non-baker, to make some yesterday for the first time in many years. They are sooooooo good, just the way I remember them. Such a simple pleasure, milk and Snickerdoodles.

Although my candied fruit melted and it was beginning to look a little sad, my lemon cheesecake managed to win our National Cheesecake Day competition at work (there were 8 entries, including mine).

Gotta love the trophy! :LOL:

img_1380391_0_811b556211a3db79f6e45e2bd7460006.jpg
:chef: :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

RECIPE please. YUM!!

Rum Cake

strawberries and such things 004.JPG

001.JPG
I make up one recipe, but divide it up in half sized bundt pans

CAKE JUST CAKE 004.JPG
A smaller cake is much better for a household of two
:ermm: erm, mature adults who don't need to be eating
too much sweets

April 2013 006.jpg
I send the other cake to a lucky recipient,
this time it's our grand-nephews, just because :)

All the talk recently about Snickerdoodles inspired me, this non-baker, to make some yesterday for the first time in many years. They are sooooooo good, just the way I remember them. Such a simple pleasure, milk and Snickerdoodles.

They are delicious! SO made some using a Betty Crocker recipe I got online. While they taste great, they were thin and cake-like rather than thin and crispy as expected.

Actually plan on having some tonight with a glass of cold milk.

It was a cool, late September day - except it IS mid-August! :LOL: I actually got into a baking mood. I had intended to make scones yesterday during the baseball game, but a looong rain delay and eventual cancellation (played only 3 innings) made me postpone until today. My accomplishments today were two, 8-count pans of scones, and a 12x7 dish of something called Blueberry Grunt. Meh. I can pitch that recipe.

Attachments

• 2014-08-13 22.51.22.jpg
    2014-08-13 22.51.22.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 2014-08-13 23.55.41.jpg
    2014-08-13 23.55.41.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 173
Oh, and I baked a meatloaf too. It was supposed to be tonight's supper but I was moving so slow with the bakery I decided I'd bake it today and heat-and-eat tomorrow. Just pulled it out of the oven about 20 minutes ago. Tossed 3 potatoes into the oven at the same time. I'll peel them and mash them tomorrow.

They are delicious! SO made some using a Betty Crocker recipe I got online. While they taste great, they were thin and cake-like rather than thin and crispy as expected.

Actually plan on having some tonight with a glass of cold milk.

You expected "thin and crispy" Andy? That's not how I think of, or remember Snickerdooles. For me the perfect ones are not thin, crispy only on the outside, but chewy on the inside. I used the recipe with only shortening, no butter.
OMG....I'm actually talking about baking. :ohmy:

You expected "thin and crispy" Andy? That's not how I think of, or remember Snickerdooles. For me the perfect ones are not thin, crispy only on the outside, but chewy on the inside. I used the recipe with only shortening, no butter.
OMG....I'm actually talking about baking. :ohmy:

We're new to snickerdoodles. SO made her first batch from a box mix. They came out with a low profile and crispy.

In reading about them, one of the distinctive qualities is their crispness. The cream of tartar is in the recipe so the cookies will be crispy. All the photos I've seen online are for thinner cookies. I read a lot of recipes and chose the BC recipe because I figured they know their stuff.

The cookies were delicious (I finished them off last night) but not what I expected.

Here's the link to the recipe. Check out the picture. That's what we were expecting. Snickerdoodles recipe from Betty Crocker

This is what ours looked like:

Attachments

• p10904801.jpg
    p10904801.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 244
Fruit cake with currants, raisins, glace citrus peel, cherries, chopped dried apricots and a splash of whisky. Also made some of Delia's ginger oatie biscuits/cookies with the addition of a little chopped crystallised ginger.

I'm going away for a few days on Sunday and the cake and cookies are "thank you" presents. North Wales here I come and Bertha, will you go away, please.

It's freezing here, I'm indoors dressed in a winter-weight woolly jumper and sheepskin slippers (among other things:)) and I'm seriously considering putting the central heating on! To hell with the air con, when I go up to the stables I'll have the car heater blasting away on full heat and blow!

First run of both - got 4 thumbs up!

5” Mini Chicken Pot Pie

img_1380595_0_f24da614f6e07ce8211a3cdb1de69b61.jpg

5” Mini Apple Pie

img_1380595_1_da1e6006f99131652f279e340413686e.jpg

We're new to snickerdoodles. SO made her first batch from a box mix. They came out with a low profile and crispy.

In reading about them, one of the distinctive qualities is their crispness. The cream of tartar is in the recipe so the cookies will be crispy. All the photos I've seen online are for thinner cookies. I read a lot of recipes and chose the BC recipe because I figured they know their stuff.

The cookies were delicious (I finished them off last night) but not what I expected.

Here's the link to the recipe. Check out the picture. That's what we were expecting. Snickerdoodles recipe from Betty Crocker

This is what ours looked like:

Every homemade snickerdoodle that I've had was thin with crispy edges and chewy middle (just as Kayelle described), pure bliss!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom