What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got three of my 8 lemon layers done so will continue to work on that today. I ran out of lemons so have to go buy out another store. :LOL:

I am ending up with a ton of egg whites so will probably do more meringue kiss sandwiches - they went over so well last time.

I am sure you will do great - pictures of all please when you are done! :)

I'll see what I can do..my camera is in Branson Missouri with my daughter, but I'll see if my friend will take a picture this afternoon. I have to say, the Pain d'Epi is turning out wonderful. We sampled some and everyone here loved it.

Hi Buddy

Black forest cake is my favorite. I found it from the internet. I made it for my parents and I also decorated with gourmet cheese as topping. It was so tasty and yummy.

Today, I'm making pie, but it's no bake - Strawberry in Graham cracker crust.

I leave my pies "un-topped" and allow folks to add their own whipped topping to taste, but I'm considering freezing some of them. Now I'm wondering if a thin top layer of "cool whip" might be a good thing to reduce to freezer burn to the otherwise exposed fruit.

What to you think?

we baked frangipane tartlettes, we assembled cute little fruit tarts, baked eclair & cream puff shells, & gougenes.

I have two six inch lemon cakes left, some heart shaped "monogrammed" shortbread and meringue kisses to do but probably won't get to it until this evening.

Here is last week's wedding cake if anyone is interested. I am still not happy with the smoothness of my buttercream but the weather played a big part in it this time.

Attachments

• BowlesCake.jpg
    BowlesCake.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 205
i have buttermilk in the fridg because katie's devil's food cake is calling to me!! LOL i am debating if i will make buttermilk corn and bacon waffles and a cake tonight or tomorrow.

wow! too much stuff!
turkey turnovers, rueben combs, cresents, pachiers, pinwheels, apple tarte, mini chocolate berry braids.....

THEN we took yesterday's pate a choux shells & put together cream puffs, eclairs, etc- also pastry cream was prepped. & chocolate fondant.

wow! Too much stuff!
Turkey turnovers, rueben combs, cresents, pachiers, pinwheels, apple tarte, mini chocolate berry braids.....

Then we took yesterday's pate a choux shells & put together cream puffs, eclairs, etc- also pastry cream was prepped. & chocolate fondant.
yikes!!

today I experimented with my white bread recipe which always comes out great. I made a sour starter about six days ago and used it in the process. The starter was just a cup of flour, a cup of warm water and 1/4 tsp of yeast. I mixed it up in a quart pyrex measure and let it sit uncovered on the counter, just stirring it everyday. Came out beautiful; mild but distinct sourdough flavor, light texture and a tender crust, which was what I was looking for. I was tired of the heavy textured, thick crusted "artisian" style and didn't want the fairly heavy, chewy restaurant style either. I'll try it a few more times to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and then if anyone is interested I'll put up the recipe.

YES!:clap: please, PLEASE post it!! I am hating baking bread lately
because I cannot find a recipe I like. I am looking for something
with a soft texture as well as a soft crust because none of the
'boys' like crust on their bread!:wacko:not even the adult 'boy'.
it is truly a pain to have to cut crusts off of everything because
of their quirk!

it is too close out here to bake anything right now. you can drink
the air because of the humidity and you can smell the rain coming.
I'm doing a slow-cooker apple brown betty instead.

this is what i put in my bread dough (amounts vary on day and how much i am making) i use it for bread, cinnamon raisin bread and pizza. the problem is the loaves never last long. my family is waiting at the oven door with the butter!! they won't even let it cool down and complain about burning their fingers :huh: LOL

Unbleached All- purpose flour
Whole wheat flour
Wheat germ
Rolled oats - ground into powder
Rye flour
Soy flour
Powdered milk
Salt
Dry yeast
Pinch sugar - to proof yeast
Water - 105°F - 115°F

Just got some parkerhouse rolls set to rise,made a strawberry pie and a chocolate pie..I'm tired:LOL:
kadesma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom