What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just prepared a biiiiig lasagne to be baked later for dinner and my garlic dinner rolls are rising, thats our dinner for tonight, what can i say, i love carbs! :LOL:

Oatmeal-whole wheat Pita bread (made the dough in the bread machine) and carrot cake

Recipe Details

The last time I made this cake, one of the foster Saint Bernards stole it off the table. She really liked it...so did I, although I only got to have one slice. Now that "she" is in her real home, I hope to enjoy more of it.

Ok,the dinner rolls were a disaster,threw all 24 rolls in the waste bin, it looks like my yeast was expired,cuz i make dinner rolls all the time and they rise so well and always come out fluffy and soft...anyway,felt really bad,but was running out of time and still wanted to make something with the lasagne,so tried quick mayo biscuits,they were super easy and taste very very good,brushed a little garlic butter towards the end and popped in the oven again for another 3 minutes...so the evening isnt a total failure after all,i'm sure hubby will love these!

Baked red velvet cup cakes today with cooked white icing that was so creamy it was delish and the cakes were very very moist...

Attachments

• IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1042.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 179
made a batch of peanut butter cookies. such an easy cookie to make. first time i used the rough side of meat mallet to make the marks. very attractive and uniform. a dozen for my ride to the dr. or should say the guy that gives me a ride.

Bill, I have never heard of a cornstarch wash. What does it do for the bread?

Ever since I found out what I was doing wrong with my yeast in my bread-baking (killing it with too-hot water), I have been dying to try a cinnamon bun recipe I've used in the past but never really got "right". Today it came out JUST right!

Oh look our little girl is walking, already!;) That is one beautiful cinnamon bun...did you make enough for everyone?

Ever since I found out what I was doing wrong with my yeast in my bread-baking (killing it with too-hot water), I have been dying to try a cinnamon bun recipe I've used in the past but never really got "right". Today it came out JUST right!

I have to say that looks good. I am usually not a huge fan of those, but I would give it a try... do you deliver? :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom