What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just a mix, milk chocolate brownies for the weekend
I made brownies too! New recipe! :chef:

Bittersweet Chocolate Brownies

8 oz 70% bitttersweet chocolate, chopped
6 T. unsalted butter, cut up
3 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1/4 t. salt
1/3 c. plus 1 T. flour

1. oven to 350. Line 8-inch pan with foil. Melt chocolate and butter in microwave. Stir frequently.

2. Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt in medium bowl at high speed for 2 minutes or until thick and light colored. At low speed, beat in melted chocolate until combined. Fold in flour.

3. Spoon batter into pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut with plastic knife or spatula. Makes 16 servings.

Just made a batch of cocoa fudge brownies with frosting, kids had been asking since morning and i finally got up and whipped up a batch using our family fav recipe...

i made muddy buddies! they are my favorite after school snack :)
Muddy-Buddies.jpg

http://www.thekitchen-aide.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing baking today. Yesterday I had a craving so I baked a big chocolate cake and frosted it with chocolate ganauche. If I bake anything today it will just go to waste (waist!).

Late last night / early this morning I tried a recipe I had never tried before - Granddad with a beard.

It's a cake that is baked for 15 minutes (until the top is set) and then I spread red current jelly over the top and then meringue. Back in the oven for 15-25 minutes, until the meringue is golden and firm.

It was very good. It's the best use we have found for red currant jelly. I use red currant jelly when I make Rødkål, so my MIL made a whole bunch for us. She has red currant bushes. It's not the tastiest jelly going, but was perfect for this cake.

I love Mardi Gras... AND King Cake! I missed it this year because of Diabetes, and I haven't had a chance to translate it into a sugar-free version yet. Who got the baby? :)

Haven't cut the cake yet. We were too full last night to even think of having any. Tonight we'll cut it and see who gets the baby.

Today I made two loaves of French bread and the dough for some potato rolls. The roll dough has to be refrigerated overnight, so I'll make them tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom