What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a fudgy brownie cake with toasted and sugared peanuts on top and a creme caramale!

Attachments

• IMG_1095.jpg
    IMG_1095.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1098.jpg
    IMG_1098.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 168
am in the midst of baking a "sad cake" should be interesting. Now Carson can tell his brother he got to bake with Ma;)
kadesma

What is a "sad cake"?
It's just a silly name for a cake that gets a high rise and then looks like a disaster because it then caves in in the middle. You don't need mush but the zinger is biscuit mix it's delicious and serve it with warm with ice or whipped cream YUMMY
kades

No cooking tonight for me either. I have to do laundry first.

I spilled coffee with creamer and sugar all over the kitchen floor. My steam mop covers are dirty so I used beach towels and rags. I tried to use a sponge mop and it deteriorated all over the floor including the bright yellow coloring! I've still got a nice sticky kitchen floor until laundry gets done.

WAH!

I just baked a simple one layer yellow cake and plan to frost it with chocolate cream cheese frosting once it's completely cooled.

No cooking tonight for me either. I have to do laundry first.

I spilled coffee with creamer and sugar all over the kitchen floor. My steam mop covers are dirty so I used beach towels and rags. I tried to use a sponge mop and it deteriorated all over the floor including the bright yellow coloring! I've still got a nice sticky kitchen floor until laundry gets done.

WAH!

i can certainly feel your pain,. couple of day's ago went to put a large bag of splenda in the pantry. it was zipped completely and spilled all over the floor. i have sweep it several and can still hear a crunch. going to use vacuum if i can get stupid thing back together. :LOL:

I used Alix's Lemon Cake recipe, substituted Strawberry extract and red food coloring for the lemon. I also made it into cupcakes that I baked in the toaster oven. It is already a oven in here. I got 16 cupcakes out of the batter! More then I expected. 'made them to use up the strawberries and cool whip in the refrigerator.:chef:

i can certainly feel your pain,. couple of day's ago went to put a large bag of splenda in the pantry. it was zipped completely and spilled all over the floor. i have sweep it several and can still hear a crunch. going to use vacuum if i can get stupid thing back together. :LOL:

Thanks, Babe. I feel much better knowing I'm not alone. I'd go ahead and do the laundry tonight, but it's a full TV night with all new episodes and I don't intend to miss them. I'll be up early in the morning and can start my laundry as early as 5am.

I nuked a frozen tamale pie entree, added salsa, cheeses and sour cream.

As Scarlett would say, "Tomorrow is another day."

I used Alix's Lemon Cake recipe, substituted Strawberry extract and red food coloring for the lemon. I also made it into cupcakes that I baked in the toaster oven. It is already a oven in here. I got 16 cupcakes out of the batter! More then I expected. 'made them to use up the strawberries and cool whip in the refrigerator.:chef:

sounded good and looked good. wish i had some!

I made a Boston creme/banana cake. It was Kate's birthday today and that is her favorite cake. We're all stuffed to the gills now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom