What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mocha Brownie

I used white whole wheat flour and walnuts and reduced the sugar by ½ cup. It could have used a bit more coffee flavor. Very good!

img_1001785_0_2213aff716cb717187d416a29616f227.jpg

I've got some yeast rolls proofing right now. I normally preheat the oven to 200 degrees and then turn it off and crack open the door after adding whatever yeast product I intend to bake. This morning, my mind must have been someplace else because I left the oven on for about an extra five minutes after adding my rolls to proof. :wacko: Fortunately, I covered them with a towel so I don't think they got too warm. :huh:

I've got some yeast rolls proofing right now. I normally preheat the oven to 200 degrees and then turn it off and crack open the door after adding whatever yeast product I intend to bake. This morning, my mind must have been someplace else because I left the oven on for about an extra five minutes after adding my rolls to proof. :wacko: Fortunately, I covered them with a towel so I don't think they got too warm. :huh:

Selkie, I use my microwave as a proofing box. I put a cereal bowl full of water in, heat on HI for 4 minutes, let it set for about 2 minutes after the time is up, then add my yeast product. Leave the bowl in with the dough and don't open the door during the proofing time. The area stays warm and moist for easily an hour.

I benefit two ways with this method. Number 1, I can preheat my oven without changing the "climate" of my dough and, number 2, my microwave gets a steam-cleaning. What a deal!

Selkie, I use my microwave as a proofing box. I put a cereal bowl full of water in, heat on HI for 4 minutes, let it set for about 2 minutes after the time is up, then add my yeast product. Leave the bowl in with the dough and don't open the door during the proofing time. The area stays warm and moist for easily an hour.

I benefit two ways with this method. Number 1, I can preheat my oven without changing the "climate" of my dough and, number 2, my microwave gets a steam-cleaning. What a deal!

Makes a lot of sense..i will try this method next time i'm working with yeast..Thanks!!!

Great idea, thanks Katie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom