What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
54 ounce ryebread

Attachments

• 54Ounce8x8Mini120120522_01.jpg
    54Ounce8x8Mini120120522_01.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 153
  • 120120522_02RyeBread54ozCrop.jpg
    120120522_02RyeBread54ozCrop.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 152
Half slices, in stacks of 3 each (portion control), ready for wrapping and freezing.

Bill,

Do you do anything special when freezing your bread?

I always have problems with ice crystals forming, even with short term storage. I have always blamed it on the self defrosting feature but, I am not sure.

Bill,

Do you do anything special when freezing your bread?

I always have problems with ice crystals forming, even with short term storage. I have always blamed it on the self defrosting feature but, I am not sure.
Wrap portions snugly in Saran type wrap then put in Pepperidge Farm plastic bread bags. I like rye toast. I prefer to wrap 1/2 lb chunks in Saran wrap and then in aluminum foil. We remove the plastic wrap and reheat the chunks in the oven (first in the aluminum foil and then naked to recrisp the crust).
We have a manual defrost freezer.

Last edited:
Wrap portions snugly in Saran type wrap then put in Pepperidge Farm plastic bread bags. I like rye toast. I prefer to wrap 1/2 lb chunks in Saran wrap and then in aluminum foil. We remove the plastic wrap and reheat the chunks in the oven (first in the aluminum foil and then naked to recrisp the crust).
We have a manual defrost freezer.

Thanks!

Put a strawberry/ruhbarb pie in the oven that my mom's group made at church. I fell asleep, very well done, crispy pie.

simonbaker said:
Put a strawberry/ruhbarb pie in the oven that my mom's group made at church. I fell asleep, very well done, crispy pie.

Bummer, well, it's ruined. Send it to me, and I can properly dispose of it.

I am pretty sure you would not like this one. The ruhbarb was so dehydrated that it's almost non existant.

Made some rum napoleons for my husbands office.
The pieces turned out pretty huge, so good luck on the eating (they'll all be covered in pastry cream).
I also, totally not on accident, made a untraditional, artistic, abstract chocolate pattern on top :p
img_1141556_0_b339c9b1f9c53d67f967fe030e0ffcba.jpg

Just took a Dutch apple pie out of the oven. First apple pie I have ever made with diced apples (that's what the recipe said). It's too hot to sample, but how can apples & a brown sugar crumbly top be anything but good? :chef:

I agree that the photos are wonderful. Torture, but wonderful.

Coconut cream pie in a butter pastry crust topped with whipped heavy cream & toasted coconut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom