What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cheesecakes, and their toppings, were a hit at the wedding tonight and may have gotten me another booking for the end of August. I feel exhausted, sore and very satisfied and can't wait to do some normal baking for my guys tomorrow. Life is good when you cook for a living, for a hobby and for those whom you love.

It's 4:30 am I just got to work and I'm about to bake a TON of Bagels!!!

:)

Thanks, Babe, for the recipe for Pineapple Cookies. I will look for a pineapple flavored cake mix and give them a try. They sound easy and delicious, especially with dried cherries and pecans!! (Hey, just a thought -- I might even put in some chopped dried pineapple!?) Thanks, again!

AMSeccia,
Here's the recipe for the carrot raisin bread. Enjoy!

Note: The prep time does not include the two cool times.
Ingredients
1¾ cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup milk
½ cup vegetable oil
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 cup grated carrot
½ cup raisins
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray three small (5-by-3-inch) loaf pans with cooking spray; set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Stir milk mixture into dry ingredients until well-blended. Sprinkle carrot and raisins over batter and blend until evenly distributed.
Divide batter evenly among pans and bake 35 minutes or until a tester inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes on cooling rack, remove from pans. Cool on rack an additional 15 minutes before slicing. Serve warm.
Per serving: 499 cal.; 6 g pro.; 75 g carb.; 20 g fat (4 sat., 5 monounsat., 11 polyunsat.); 38 mg chol.; 476 mg sod.; 3 g fiber; 45 g sugar; 36 percent calories from fat.

I don't blame you, Babe, for not baking -- 104º!!!! YIPES!!! I'm north of you about 30 minutes east of San Francisco. It also gets warm here, but not that hot! We were in the high 70s/low 80s yesterday.

I made the Weight Watchers Pineapple Angel Food Cake yesterday for a bbq and served it with fresh strawberries, pineapple chunks and a dollop of whipped cream. Everyone loved it. I will be trying your Pineapple Cookies soon.

Hope the weather cools for you and hope you are not near the fires that I hear are burning in the south.

I think I will bake some bread. It's cold and I can't stand that I am still using heating oil at the end of APRIL!!!!

Well, I didn't up baking anything yesterday, just rested from the cheesecake marathon. So today I need to fill the cookie jar and make something for dessert. I am thinking snickerdoodles and apple crisp!

Well, what I cannot understand why baking, has always to be with sweet recipes, like
cakes, biscuits or whatever.
You can also bake with cooking savoury dishes, there are so many, and more healthy.

Finmar, baking is exactly as you describe it. But for the purposes of the thread, and the OP intent, we are sticking to mainly sweets or breads in this thread. Feel free to put the OTHER stuff in the daily "whats for dinner" thread.

whew

I don't blame you, Babe, for not baking -- 104º!!!! YIPES!!! I'm north of you about 30 minutes east of San Francisco. It also gets warm here, but not that hot! We were in the high 70s/low 80s yesterday.

I made the Weight Watchers Pineapple Angel Food Cake yesterday for a bbq and served it with fresh strawberries, pineapple chunks and a dollop of whipped cream. Everyone loved it. I will be trying your Pineapple Cookies soon.

Hope the weather cools for you and hope you are not near the fires that I hear are burning in the south.

the fires seem to be contained. it is again 104 as we speak. i love summer but this is a bit much. need to water plants in pots, again. probably not that hot in house but will have to turn air cond. on soon.

i love san francisco :ROFLMAO:i have always gone there just for fun and food.

babe

Yesterday I made apricot pistachio biscotti. They came together surprisingly fast and were very easy. Shame I was donating them to a fundraiser. Double decker brownies went with them.
I need to bake something for us tomorrow! Our neighbors need a baked item of thanks too.

uh, Finmar, Barbara isn't in control of this thread---please don't attribute this thread's content to her-----that's the nature of the thread---sweets it is....,I love savoury over anything else....I don't need to be sifting thru sweet postings to find something savoury

Finmar (and anyone else who might have a question about this), we try to stick to what the Original Poster's intent was. Its just good netiquette to do so, and at DC we try to promote that for ease of navigating the boards.

I haven't baked yet today, but yesterday I baked a spice cake with a coconut topping. It is darned fine if I do say so myself. I might actually take a day off today as this weekend is going to be a baking frenzy for me. Its my oldest daughters birthday on Sunday so we will have the "family" celebration on Sunday (with Boston Banana Cream Pie/Cake) and on Saturday she will have all her friends over for a Safety Pin dinner and cake is on the menu for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom