What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Made two loaves of No Knead bread and a batch of sandwich/hamburger buns. The buns were made using the KitchenAid Basic White Bread Recipe. I portioned the dough at 3-1/2 oz, and made 14 rolls about 4-1/2" diameter. Just finished a Ham & Cheese samich to make sure the finished product was suitable for the rest of the family.:LOL: Of course, it was just yummy... urp!

Joe

i'm going to be in the kitchen some today, making a raw milk chevre, a soup, and baking a whole wheat New York Times bread and a batch of peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chip cookies.

A rainy day. I may occupy the short people by baking some brownies (no chocolate in the house and 2 yr old can't take it anymore!) and some wheat bread.

Ultimate Turtle Brownies from "Best of America's Test Kitchen's '07"

rich chocolate brownies w/ pecans and chocolate chips, topped with a thick thick layer of caramel and a toasted pecan for garnish :)

It'll give me a reason to wake up for SATs tomorrow... uggghhhh...

:-D

The double-decker brownie recipe is the BEST ever. I made a batch of brownies using another recipe a few days ago because I was all out of regular sugar and only had brown sugar. They did not measure up at all - one reason, I think, was that the brown sugar here is not as moist as in the US, and they turned out cakey and not very sweet. I'm a convert now.

Oh Karen, I so agree. I made that double decker brownie recipe and everyone completely raved. Its a bit more work than my usual brownies, but worth every moment.

More rain... spent the afternoon making Cinnamon Rolls.

img_599135_0_fa6ca9afee7be35b74473c8bc03be3e7.jpg

They were yummy! Most went in the freezer for another day. Got the recipe from Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls, Harvest Cinnamon Roll Recipe, Fantastic Cinnamon Rolls, Yeast Rolls, Bread Machine Recipe
I made them using the KA stand mixer.
Joe

Last edited:
Sure, Babe! I haven't been to San Diego in a long time. I still have cousins in the area, who will actually be coming to Cleveland for a family reunion in July. I love the weather out there and the fishing as well. I'd be in heaven cooking, baking and fishing. LOL

Joe

I am not baking today, but last night on Road Tasted with the Deen Boys I got some really good ideas for some new cupcakes to add to my repetoire. Hopefully I can try them out next week and report back!

Oh Karen, I so agree. I made that double decker brownie recipe and everyone completely raved. Its a bit more work than my usual brownies, but worth every moment.

I can't seem to stop craving those brownies. Do you use a scale for baking Alix? I have found that it saves me a lot of time. I usually have the brownies made up in 10-15 minutes. Knowing the recipe well also really helps.

We are going camping for a few nights. I made chocolate chip banana bread to take with us and maybe tonight I will make chocolate peanut bitter chip cookies to take as well.

JoeV - thanks for the great link. I'm going to try those cinnamon rolls very soon. Maybe make them tonight and put them in the fridge all night, then have them for breakfast. And yours look just as pretty as hers!
Laurie - keep us posted about those cupcakes. My granddaughters are coming to visit next month, and I'm thinking cupcakes would be a good thing.
Corazon - have a safe and fun campong trip and stay warm....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom