What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baked rhubarb oat squares and rhubarb loaf. Hmmm...guess what is going nuts in MY garden right now.

Today it'll be Scottish Shortbread cookies.
New York Times bread, the standard easy method using nothing extra in flavor, just plain. {better get on that right now so it has it's rising time}
I haven't done the 7 Up carrot loaf cake lately and if I have the soda, I'll whip that up for dessert.

I think if the weather stays cool I might have an extravaganza so I can freeze some. I'm going to do cookies today. Haven't decided on what kinds yet. I'll post back later. Ideas for me anyone?

Our annual church festival starts Thursday, and I volunteered to make 2 dozen sandwich rolls and two NYT each of the next four days for the bakery booth. I'll be just a little bit busy the rest of the week. Made 3 dozen cake cookies last night and 4 mini loaves of banana bread for the bake sale as well. Almost ran out of flour, so I made a run and bought 40 pounds. Should hold me over for a few weeks.

Joe

A new chocolate chip cookie recipe - still looking for the ultimate. Am getting closer.

well guess what's been rising for 24 hours. husband changed plans yesterday which changed plans for me.
so hoping I can punch it down now, let it rerise for 2 hours, then in the hot oven it'll go. oh heck, why don't I just put a pot and lid outside and then around 2 pm, it could just bake outside where yesterday it got to 113*.
Cookies didn't get baked off yesterday either so I'll do those today too plus ginger snaps will get made too for work friends tomorrow. Hum, do pralines come under the category of baking?:huh:

Started at 5:30 this morning with two loaves of NYT (1 round plain and 1 long with Italian herbs), then popped in the two pans of cinnamon rolls that I made last night and put in the fridge. The butter cream frosting was the best I ever made. I slowly mixed in the powdered sugar using a fork to mix ,and there was not a single lump to be found. Extra creamy and very delicious.

Just now finishing up baking the second batch of sandwich buns for a total of three dozen buns (2-1/2 oz. ea.). All this for the church festival which starts tonight at 6, and runs thru Sunday at 10 P.M.. I'll be making 3 dozen buns on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. DW was happy that the first batch made 19 buns so she could have one for her lunch sandwich. I love it when she rolls her eyes in delight as she bites into those buns just after they cool from the oven.

Call me the Dough Boy this weekend.

I messed up my pizza crust yesterday, forgot to put sugar in it.
It rose ok but seemed a little salty, so I stuck it in the fridge overnight.....
I'm going to caramelize some onions to put on top and make foccacia out of it.
Hope it works!

They had some key limes on sale at the grocery store the other day so I made a key lime cheesecake! YUM!

They had some key limes on sale at the grocery store the other day so I made a key lime cheesecake! YUM!

Oh yum I love Key Lime Pie and Cheesecake, so double love when it is combined!!
And it looks beautifully presented as well, nicely done!

Nothing today, but tomorrow NYT Bread and sugar cookies and maybe some cinnamon rolls for Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom