What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• mayonaise-cake-and-milk.jpg
    mayonaise-cake-and-milk.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 99
Hello! I am a newbie to this site and love everything I have read so far. Today I am cooking for lunch after church tomorrow. I have a pot of large lima butterbeans with chunky ham on the stovetop, potatoes for creamed spuds in the boiler, hard boiled eggs cooling on the sideboard for deviled eggs and cornbread in the oven. After that I am going to attempt my Grandmother Ladelle's Apricot Nectar Bundt Cake. My only difficulty is the "icing". My Grandmothers recipe just says to take a little bit of nectar and mix it with confectioners sugar and drizzle over the warm cake. I can't seem to get the proportions right for it to drizzle and still harden like I remember it. As near as I can remember, it is the consistency of the glaze you pour onto doughnuts. Any ideas?

thanks

is this the one using cake mix,duncan hines i think. from mothers recipe have not been able to turn it out for some reason. could you pm me your recipe? you are correct on the frosting.

thanks
babe:chef:

is this the one using cake mix,duncan hines i think. from mothers recipe have not been able to turn it out for some reason. could you pm me your recipe? you are correct on the frosting.

thanks

silly me, saw post and didn't notice how old it was. anyone else have the apricot nectar cake? would you pm it to me. would love to make it, many years ago was my mom's show cake

I am so tempted to bake the chocolate orange cookies today. I'm craving chocolate so badly! I may bake some brownies or chocolate chip cookies for the kids too.

Nothing, Nada, not a cotton picking thing! :LOL:

After my marathon this past week of about 200 cupcakes and two layer cakes for a catering order, 4 dozen banana chocolate chip muffins for DH and the border's lunches (to freeze for when I am having surgery) and 2 x 12 dozen cookies for our church's upcoming children's week, I am taking a well deserved baking break!

Cade and Carson are here and we are getting ready to make brownies.
Should be lots of fun and rather messy:LOL: Gotta go kids calling

kadesma

I'm going to try the Melt In Your Mouth Peanut Butter Cookies. They sound and look really good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom