What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to oblige:

Butter Pecan Bread,

2 1/4 C all purpose flour (unbleached),
2 tsp Baking Powder,
1/2 tsp Baking Soda,
1/2 tsp Salt,
1/2 tsp Cinnamon,
1/4 tsp fresh grated Nutmeg,
1 C Brown Sugar (light or dark; I've used both),
1 Egg, beaten,
1 C Buttermilk (1 C Milk + 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice or vinegar)
2 Tbsp Butter - melted,
1 C chopped Pecans,

Pre-heat oven to 350 F,

Blend together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices and brown sugar. Combine buttermilk, egg and butter; add to the flour mixture, blend well and stir in the chopped nuts.

Put into greased 9 X 5 loaf pan. Bake 45 to 50 min; remove from oven when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool and inhale!

Yes, Dave, I am very interested!!!!!!!! It looks amazing. I will try it and let you know. A very fitting trade for the Coconut Cream Pound Cake!

When lemons are on sale I stock up a few. I freeze them. They are mostly juice anyway and the rind can still be zested (is that a word?). That way I can not only save money but I am not a slave to constant shopping.

Thanks, Patty!

I actually buy bags of lemons from Costco when they have them and I have frozen them but what I usually do is zest them, freeze it on a cookie sheet and then put in bags and back in the freezer, then freeze the juice in tablespoons in ice cube trays and take out what I need. it is slushy, but keeps well in the trays. I am just totally out, have 1 1/2 fresh lemons in the fridge and need several for the cake and some lemon loaves for another job.

Making several foccacia for saturday..Son in law giving our daughter a surprise birthday party and he asked me to help with food..So I plan to make the foccacia and freeze it then add carmalized onions on one and grilled marinated eggplant on the other or I might make it a sweet one with figs and toasted pine nuts for a change

kadesma

I hope everyone enjoys it. Laurie, it wasn't an even trade - - - I still owe you some for the pound cake!

Oh, Dave, it was MORE than an even trade! I made your Butter Pecan Loaf today to try out for our tea and it was an instant hit! That is one of the nicest quick breads I have ever tasted!

I also made Cranberry Orange Muffins and this is a great recipe though I added orange zest to it and it was needed. I also left out the nuts because I don't want everything having nuts in them. Next up for sampling for the tea is Kades' Pear Bread.

But first I have to make some sweeter items for a young couple who are coming to plan their wedding dessert reception. It is a busy day in the Beier kitchen and I am loving it...so are DH and Dad who are part of the judging panel!

Last edited:
Laurie, like your choices..I do have one that we love, it's a pear bread, moist, not super sweet and it stays moist. If you are interested I'll pm you with it
kades

Is this posted anywhere here? I am intrested in trying it. Please share. TYIA

PattY1

There's nothing like a recipe for something you've never baked before found on a forum.... Possibly one of the most exciting things on the internet.

change of plans already:huh:

dh told me last week I was asked to bring bread to the upcoming port and wine tasting party on Saturday...so I mentioned I was going to make a test batch of English muffins today because it has been so long since I made them

but he said I was to bring dinner rolls..

so I will start on some dinner rolls today

and if they are party acceptable, I will make english muffins tomorrow:)

Peanut butter cookies are my favourate. They are so yummy especially with chocolate.
Yesterday I experimented and made my own chili and chocolate cookies which are delicious. Mind you it took 2-3 batches ,by the time I got it just right. Enjoyed baking, as I don't bake often since the family all grown up and left home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom