What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i baked an old fashioned gingerbread cake with cream cheese frosting.

First post-:chef:
Yesterday I made my own rosewater for the first time so today I used it in a shortcrust pastry (with a little cinnamon and nutmeg too). Then I turned the pastry into apple and quince pies (poached the quinces Friday). I was inspired by some individual vintage pie pans I found in my favourite local shop and I am so pleased I was- the pies are delicious.

First post-:chef:
Yesterday I made my own rosewater for the first time so today I used it in a shortcrust pastry (with a little cinnamon and nutmeg too). Then I turned the pastry into apple and quince pies (poached the quinces Friday). I was inspired by some individual vintage pie pans I found in my favourite local shop and I am so pleased I was- the pies are delicious.
sounds yummy!!

something yet to be decided! The temperature will be dropping today, to below freezing, so I plan on turning on the gas oven today.....which is way easier than starting up and maintaining a fire in the furnace;)

probably dinner rolls...we have a friend coming over for dinner which usually makes for a rationalized excuse for making a dessert, but he is a diabetic, so scratch that idea..

oh, will bake some tators of some kind...have both yukon golds and some sweets that need to be eaten..

garlic french bread pizza. i have garlic butter from yeaterday leftover. i will garlic butter the bread and put in the oven at 425F till the butter melts into the bread and gets a bit crispy. then add some homemade sauce, grated R & P cheese, mushrooms, mozz and a drizzle of evoo. back in oven till cheese is melted and bubbly.

Cornbread -------

There's a seat for you here, Uncle Bob...........we'll wait supper on you........

my dinner tonight for us is actually meatloaf.........not a bad recipe from an old southern cookbook though I pretty much know it by heart.......ever so often I tweak it a bit........there were some gorgeous, meaty looking mushrooms at a price that didn't include selling my first born child today and I'll saute those first in some red wine and then add some zucchini and a few onions......yum.........that with the meatloaf and if Uncle Bob shows up with his Southern iron skillet cornbread should be fantastico!!!!!! Y'all have a great evening.............

Class this afternoon: Vanilla almond sponge cake, Pate brisee, tart tatin, 1-2-3- cookie dough, cheese tart, apple crisp.

My youngest brother told me about some chocolate sauce brownies that he claims are "to die for." I may make some this afternoon because chocolate has been scarce in the house for a couple of weeks.
Katie, if you like how they turn out may I have the recipe? Cade when asked what would you like to eat Easter promptly said brownies:wacko:
With that boy I try to do everything he would like..
kades

Wow, cj. These brownies are wonderful. My brother, who is an awesome cook, rarely steers me wrong. I haven't frosted them yet and am not sure I'm going to. I made the full recipe and, after they cooled, I cut the mass in half and put one of the halves in the freezer. I'll be as big as a house if I left the whole pan to my chocolate craving devices.

I followed the recipe...almost exactly. I had to add some goodies to the basic recipe and am more than happy with the results. I'll type up the recipe and post it in the appropriate forum. May not get to it tonight.

As a "heads up," you'll need a can of chocolate syrup, some chocolate chips, chopped nuts, flour, sugar, etc.

I made BAKLAVA yesterday and today I am baking double chocolate muffins also carrot and pineapple muffins for the Easter weekend.

Today is my special someones birthday...He loves banana cream pie so two will be in the works as soon as he leaves to go have coffee with some of his chums...

kades

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom