What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was reading Cat's notebook she left me with all the stuff about all of you here and others on another site.

Cat wrote everything down. Her insight is amazing and she kept saying this: "No one can help you if you shush of your problems and do not ask for prayer. Just don't become so much of problems when people decide you are a bore."

I do have a little issue, my Pap smear was abnormal and I have to go in for a biopsy this morning at 10am.

I really don't want to be a bore. It's only what's going on with me.

As for what I'm doing, I'm reading Cat's notebook and praying my biopsy will be okay.

I have that cookbook on my shelf. Just checked - it's the 6th printing, 1973. I had been working in a new office just a month or two before Himself and I got married in 1974. The BH&G cookbook was my office wedding gift! Didn't expect anything from my new co-workers, so I think of them fondly each time I use it.

Riddle: How many cook books do you need? Answer: as many as you have go-to recipes! Seems like I have one favorite recipe out of each of my books. :ermm:

There is no such thing as too many cookbooks...though I have started collecting them in my e-reader rather than actual books as my shelves are jam-packed!

I have just done my annual hand-scything of my lawn meadow. At its peak it looks wonderful with tall wild flowers (rosebay willowherb, michaelmas daisies - a garden escape - and poppies) with graceful flowering grasses.

I was reading Cat's notebook she left me with all the stuff about all of you here and others on another site.

Cat wrote everything down. Her insight is amazing and she kept saying this: "No one can help you if you shush of your problems and do not ask for prayer. Just don't become so much of problems when people decide you are a bore."

I do have a little issue, my Pap smear was abnormal and I have to go in for a biopsy this morning at 10am.

As for what I'm doing, I'm reading Cat's notebook and praying my biopsy will be okay.

My thoughts are with you today, take care. Hugs!

This doesn't make you a bore. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope all turns out ok.

We just got back from our pre-cruise haircuts and I am about to make our main meal and TB's sandwiches for work.

I will be hanging around here and packing, waiting for a few courier packages to show up - our Keurig stock-up, a DVD that is part of TB's birthday present, some items I need for my crafts and something TB is getting but I am supposed to just put it in his office! :huh:;)

I was taking a break, finishing my coffee, and playing here at DC. Unfortunately, the news I watch is about to come on and I decided earlier that all other activity shall stop and I will resume going through our collections of "why the heck do we have THIS thing anymore". At this rate I won't be having that garage/yard sale until next year! :ermm: :( Maybe I need a DC intervention and take a sabbatical...

i'm going over prime and composite number theory with my boy.

i still don't know why they teach primes. with the exception of cryptography, i've never heard of a use for knowing prime numbers. but, he needs to know it for a test tomorrow so...

The biopsy was a bit painful. I had discomfort all day yesterday and into today for a while.

Yuck. I have my next appointment on Monday the 15th to see the biopsy results.

But getting up today and going to work as normal was wonderful! I soaked in every minute, good and bad, and I realized how much I take for granted.

Life is so good. Whatever this is, I'm sure I'll kick it to the curb and I thank you all so much for your kindnesses, thoughts and prayers.

Bless you all and thank you!

We just got back from our pre-cruise haircuts and I am about to make our main meal and TB's sandwiches for work.

I will be hanging around here and packing, waiting for a few courier packages to show up - our Keurig stock-up, a DVD that is part of TB's birthday present, some items I need for my crafts and something TB is getting but I am supposed to just put it in his office! :huh:;)

:ohmy: Ooooh! A surprise you're not supposed to know about yet! :clap:

Feel better soon, CCL! Hope all goes well.

Thank you dear! I feel better tonight.

I was so darn nervous through the whole biopsy thing I regaled the doctor and the nurse with some odd but true stories of the retail world.

The funniest one was this:

A woman came up to the customer service desk with a return. I saw it was in a bag, and she proceeded to pull from the bag a USED pregnancy test! She plopped it down on the counter and demanded her money back because it was wrong. She was quite angry about it, and I had to explain that blood and urine test products were not returnable.

She was furious, and demanded her money back. I told her we couldn't do that and explained yet again about blood and urine test products, and she got really mad and said, "Then I'll sue this store! I'll call my lawyer when I get home. What's your name?"

Good luck with that. I'm still waiting to hear from the lawyer.

And another one:

A woman returned some intimate lingerie. I asked her if it was the wrong size or whatever, and she said, "No, it's the right size. I just want to exchange these for some pajamas. I put this on once and my husband wanted to get close! Can you imagine??!!!"

She was outraged. I'm glad I don't live close to her.

And another one:

A woman returned a bike; a one-speed, coaster brake bike, like those beach cruisers (I have one). I asked her if it was defective. She said, "It is! I can't pedal it up hills!"

I suggested she try an 18-speed mountain bike. I explained how the gears worked and all that, and she said, "No, that's too much trouble. I want a single-speed bike that works on hills."

Good luck with that.

We had fun with those stories, and before I knew it, the biopsy was done, we were laughing, and I can say that doctor and nurse have a wonderful sense of humor!

This was my first time with this doctor, and he was very, very kind and careful about explaining everything. I like him.

While he was down there pinching away, he shared a story too. He said a lady had looked up all her symptoms on the Internet and came in telling him what to do and how to do it, etc., etc.....and he said:

"Thank you so much for all your good hard work and research. I really admire that. But would you mind if I examine you first? It would help both of us a lot."

Ah, people are funny!

I have a good feeling tonight, and thank you all.

Glad to see you (almost) had fun at your exam! It isn't easy being comfortable when undergoing a procedure, no matter where on the body the doctor is poking around.

Telling funny stories makes it easier, doesn't it? I needed to have a small cyst removed from my scalp. My primary care doctor said he could do it in the office's small surgical room - it was used for just these types of procedures. I had gone to him for a few years, was comfortable with him (unlike your situation of meeting the doctor for the first time), and trusted him. Of course I was nervous, but he started to regale me with tales of his med school years. The best one was about a girl he was dating: she was painting her nails and asked him if she could paint his toenails! He had purple ones for a while. :ROFLMAO:

OK, it sounds like we need to pray you through to your doctor's appointment next. I'll say a few for results in your favor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom