What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've developed a love affair with texting when trying to coordinate something with someone. The time lag between reading and replying gives me a chance to plan the next move or suggestion. It's now my daughter's and my go-to method when planning a trip to OH. Worked like a charm when meeting with an old friend of mine when we were on our way from the resort to our niece and nephew-in-law's.

Himself and I have been chillin' in our room, waiting for the time to leave for our anniversary dinner. Seems he got more relaxed than I did - he's snoring! LOL! Going to touch up hair and makeup so I look like the sweet young bride he married 40 years ago. Gonna take some work...

DH does not know how to text and doesn't want to learn. He hates texting. He hates when I text. He will start screaming "Pick up the phone and call her!" Why does it bother him what I do?

Sounds like Shrek and his jacket police thing...just because he is cold I must me too?

Himself and I have been chillin' in our room, waiting for the time to leave for our anniversary dinner. Seems he got more relaxed than I did - he's snoring! LOL! Going to touch up hair and makeup so I look like the sweet young bride he married 40 years ago. Gonna take some work...

Not really...

I don't text either and have no interest in learning. I Like to sound of the human voice. If I want something to read, I will pick up a book.

I sat here watching The Wizard of Oz. The Pirate knows the whole movie word for word and was reciting it along with the actors. He has never missed one year of its showing since he was just past being a toddler. I have to believe him when he says it is his favorite movie. But when it came back on for a rerun, I put my foot down. Time to change the channel. :angel:

I had a busy day. I only got a few hours of sleep being I had to get up to go pick up my kids from my ex husband. Then we took them to get a Happy Meal, or a #1 for my not so Happy Meal eating almost a teenager son and off to Joe's cousin's to get mine and my mini me's nails done. Jesse (my son) played with the older 12 year old there. I got home after 10pm and only had 4 cups of coffee, a large energy drink and 2 large iced teas on my stomach, so it was very upset with me. I tried to catch up on my recorded shows from Friday but was so tired from last of sleep and crashing from no food and lots of coffee that I passed out with the puppy until Joe called and woke me up for something I can't remember. I got up, poured some tea and plopped on the couch, surfing, halfway watching my shows and wishing I would have taken my mascara off before taking that nap. :(

I'm waiting for the cable guy to come and install my new modem they say I need. DH tried about 4 times, talked on the phone with tech support 4 times, and can't get it to work.

PF, I hope you pass your test! Nothing is more discouraging than a failed cardiac stress test.

Addie, if I text my step daughter on her Tracfone it only costs her 1/3 of a minute. If I call her, she pays for the length of the call. Also, I like the fact that the person can respond when it's convenient for them. If I need an instant response I call. That doesn't always work because my daughter-in-law rarely answers her phone. I've been with her when it rings, she looks to see who it is, then lets it go to VM. She calls them back when it's convenient for her. If I need an instant reply, I call her husband, my step-son. He will answer when he sees that it's us. It makes DH very angry that she won't answer, because we rarely call her just to chat. We usually need information right away.

I have to remember: "No caffiene, no eating 4 hours prior to test." Heck with it I'll just go into work!

I can deal with the no eating, but the no caffiene kills me. One time I fasted starting after dinner the day before for an AM test. When I got there, the doctor had been called for an emergency and my test was delayed for about 5 hours. I think I read every magazine they had in the hospital.

I'm waiting for the cable guy to come and install my new modem they say I need. DH tried about 4 times, talked on the phone with tech support 4 times, and can't get it to work.

PF, I hope you pass your test! Nothing is more discouraging than a failed cardiac stress test.

Addie, if I text my step daughter on her Tracfone it only costs her 1/3 of a minute. If I call her, she pays for the length of the call. Also, I like the fact that the person can respond when it's convenient for them. If I need an instant response I call. That doesn't always work because my daughter-in-law rarely answers her phone. I've been with her when it rings, she looks to see who it is, then lets it go to VM. She calls them back when it's convenient for her. If I need an instant reply, I call her husband, my step-son. He will answer when he sees that it's us. It makes DH very angry that she won't answer, because we rarely call her just to chat. We usually need information right away.

My SIL and son don't answer their phones either. But anytime they see my name they do. At my age they never know if it is an emergency or not. So if anyone really needs to get in touch with either one, they ask me to make the call. Even my daughter will ask me to call him when we are out. :angel:

I use MSG too. Accent is still carried in my local Walmart. You might try there. It's not too expensive.

Thanks, Z. I know about Accent and Sazon but was looking to replace my bottle of msg with no added flavors. Both Accent and Sazon have herbs and spices added.

Back
Top Bottom