What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that is impressive! Way to go, Nurse Shrek! My DH wouldn't have a clue...

Last edited:
From what I understand I said, "It's too hot Daddy, I can't stay here, I'm burning up Daddy." When I was quite young, Dad and I were on our way to Denver in August and the car died, we were 10 miles away from the nearest services. It was very hot and there was no way I would be able to make the trek. Daddy left me in the car with the windows partially down and told me to lay down in the back. He made it back with the tow truck, but I was already in heat shock moving on to heat stroke. I think this is where that hallucination came from.

I also have a baseline body temperature of 96.4, since that episode of heat stroke. My body thermometer is broken. So when I go to the doctor and I have a temp of 98.6 or 98.8 I am considered to not have a rising temp. Even doctors forget that 98.6 is an average, people have baseline temps that are unique to them. I was at 102.6 when I got to the hospital last night.

So glad you're home safe, if not less than sound PF! Interesting about your baseline body temp. My normal base is 96.8 although I don't think I've ever had heat stroke. Then again I've had hot flashes when ice would melt in my hands and my late husband would find me at night in a dark kitchen with my head in the freezer. I started hot flashes in my late '30's and they still go on to this day. Yep, my thermostat is most definitely broken.

Good grief with your temp at 102.6 you were in real trouble!

Mercy! Hope you're doing better, Ogress.

I fell on the ice on Thursday and bruised my tailbone, so I'm finding some very creative ways to sit comfortably.

PF, I have a base temp of 97. Fortunately for me, they have it marked in my computer profile. So anything above that, like you is a temp. Do try to stay healthy from now on! Who is going to yell at me?

CCL, take care of that tail bone. Poo fell from the top of a slide when he was five years old. That is when I found out that he had a double tailbone. When he fell, he landed right on it and it splayed. He was very sore for a long time. Lucky he didn't break it. He was complaining one morning about how much it hurt him to walk. The woman at the day care center told him to suck it up and act like a man. Do I have to tell you how I went off on her? That place was lucky I didn't sue them. When he fell, there was no supervision over the kids. The director heard me yelling at her and she was suspended for two week without pay. Five year old boys are not men. Anymore than five year old girls are women.

BTW, he also has a double uvula. Doctors think he was supposed to be a twin and the egg failed to continue splitting. There is a God and he was looking down on me that day. :angel:

Thanks guys. And it was a Mercedes-Benz Ambulance...I finally got a ride in a Mercedes.:LOL:

Things come in threes, I'm waiting for the third shoe to drop. Friday was Shrek's 2 week follow up since his laser eye surgery to tack up his torn retina. The doc took one look in there yesterday and said it wasnt taking and we spent 45 minutes setting up Retinal Surgery for Monday. When it rains it snows...

Well, Little Miss La-Dee-Da! Aren't we getting up in the world.

We have the big box ones and they are so uncomfortable. I think it may be the reason I wait until the last minute to call for them. :angel:

I was watching a Jewish cooking show at 4:30 this morning. (Don't ask.) The cook explained why you should weigh all of your dry ingredients. It finally made sense to me with the method and explanation she used.

I have one of those conversion charts on the front of my fridge. It is going to be getting used a lot more when baking. :angel:

So glad you're home safe, if not less than sound PF! Interesting about your baseline body temp. My normal base is 96.8 although I don't think I've ever had heat stroke. Then again I've had hot flashes when ice would melt in my hands and my late husband would find me at night in a dark kitchen with my head in the freezer. I started hot flashes in my late '30's and they still go on to this day. Yep, my thermostat is most definitely broken.

Good grief with your temp at 102.6 you were in real trouble!

Maybe Boston needs us for snow melting duties.

Shrek kept asking me if it was a hot flash, I knew it wasn't because I was not drenched in sweat.

I am an emoticonaholic and have now transferred all the ones I like onto one page.

This enables me to be more animated in a spiritual chat room I frequent and, occasionally, here.

icon_cheers.png

Last edited:
Maybe Boston needs us for snow melting duties.

Shrek kept asking me if it was a hot flash, I knew it wasn't because I was not drenched in sweat.

I read a little blurb that some women can have hot flashes for 30 years or more. The younger they were when they started, the longer they can last. I have never had hot flashes. In fact, come to think of it, I didn't even know I went through menopause. :angel:

Just picked up my watercolour brush for the first time in years! It was spurred on by a painting competition. I painted my design of a gothic framed window with a hazy outer view of greenery and a sunset. :)

I am keeping it though - rather than submitting it - since it will be seen for what it is, overpainted, but is adequate to adorn my flat. ;)

Relaxing & vegging out in my pj's all day, finally a day off with no expectations from anyone!

Finally feeling like a human being today.
Had a bad bout of bronchitis high fever of 103.4 for a few days.
Hubby wanted to call an ambulance for me.Or take me in.Like I'd let that happen.I'm too cheap to pay for a ride.My bed, flat screen wall mounted tv was just fine.Besides I could have the comfort of my dogs with me to keep an eye on me.
Pulled a muscle in my ribcage area that's been painful.Happy to find out it wasn't a hernia.So been sleeping and getting a lot of rest lately.

The crocuses have been blooming right along with the freesia's.
Life's good.:)

PF, I have a base temp of 97. Fortunately for me, they have it marked in my computer profile. So anything above that, like you is a temp. Do try to stay healthy from now on! Who is going to yell at me?

CCL, take care of that tail bone. Poo fell from the top of a slide when he was five years old. That is when I found out that he had a double tailbone. When he fell, he landed right on it and it splayed. He was very sore for a long time. Lucky he didn't break it. He was complaining one morning about how much it hurt him to walk. The woman at the day care center told him to suck it up and act like a man. Do I have to tell you how I went off on her? That place was lucky I didn't sue them. When he fell, there was no supervision over the kids. The director heard me yelling at her and she was suspended for two week without pay. Five year old boys are not men. Anymore than five year old girls are women.

BTW, he also has a double uvula. Doctors think he was supposed to be a twin and the egg failed to continue splitting. There is a God and he was looking down on me that day. :angel:

Oh my! Bless you, Addie. What a mess! I'm a little better, and I'll be okay, I promise!

Woooo...I'd have been mad also!

For you and your daughter....:angel::angel:

And one more for good measure: :angel:

Ack!! No falling on the ice, no falling on the ice!!!!

Fell better soon.

And you are feeling better Ogress?

Ack...lol.

I have come to realize that ice and gravity are a sinister pair of elements whose sole purpose in their existence is to try to kill us.

Meanies. I hate it when physics messes with my well-being, danggit.

And you are feeling better Ogress?

Ack...lol.

I have come to realize that ice and gravity are a sinister pair of elements whose sole purpose in their existence is to try to kill us.

Meanies. I hate it when physics messes with my well-being, danggit.

Feeling a bit better, had a spell yesterday of being unable to swallow, my throat was so swollen, went in and had a shot of cortisone for that. Still running bouts with a fever, but it's starting to cool off.

Gravity, not to mention ice, is my "downfall" or "fall down go boom" nemesis. Happens to me on Handicap ramps for some stupid reason.

I am about to go in and wake up Shrek, his Laser eye surgery 2 weeks ago to attach his retina has failed (found out Friday) and he's going in for eye surgery this morning. It's been a stressful weekend.

Thanks for asking!

Spent about an hour trying to upload my recent painting from digital camera onto the image browser online. Peculiar glitches...not sure why...low battery in camera? (Replaced it)...maybe due to it being a cheap camera (with CD download)? Not sure.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom