What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie, giving a company permission to take the amount of a bill from your account every month is one way of dong automatic payment. Another is to use the bill payer function your bank offers.

The difference is who initiates the payment. In the first option, the company automatically takes the billed amount from your account every month and you never have to do a thing.

With the second option, you have to receive the bill and go to your bank's online bill payer service and enter the amount to be paid and the payment date each month. If you forget, you're payment wont get made. This what I do.

The second option gives you a little more control. You can examine your bill for errors before you commit to paying that amount. The first option is a "set it and forget it" option.

I don't use the first option so I don't know a lot of details. I would assume you can stop the auto withdrawals anytime. I don't know how long that takes or what the process is.

Thanks Andy. The three bills I have, the amount will never change except for one. And that is Comcast. They sneakily make a quiet increase at least once each year. One is my life insurance premium. That will never change. I will do it through my bank. I feel safer that way. First thing Monday morning I will give them a call. Unfortunately I have to pay my rent by check. I am going to look to see if Metro Management accepts automatic payment. I doubt it though. They are hell bent and determined to make our lives more difficult here. My rent won't change until August. Any increase I got from SS in January doesn't affect my rent until my rental anniversary. And that will be only no more than two or three dollars a month.

I will work it out and let you know how I am doing. Sounds interesting. I have been a customer of my bank since the late 80's. They love me.

I used to mail my deposits and do other banking only by mail. One day when I had my daughters settlement check in hand it was well over $20,000 and I had to go in town to make a deposit. When I gave the check to the teller with the deposit slip, she yelled out, It's 602, its 602. (my member number) Everyone came running to see what I looked like. My member number will tell you that I was one of the very first who joined when the Credit Union was first started. :angel:

MC can you take an up to date pic of your horse on your phone ?
Sorry no. My phone isn't that sophisticated. I only buy the cheapest, most basic phones because I lose the damned things!

I do have a digital camera but haven't a clue where it is. I never took to it, preferring my ancient Agfa Silette.

.....I used to mail my deposits and do other banking only by mail. One day when I had my daughters settlement check in hand it was well over $20,000 and I had to go in town to make a deposit. When I gave the check to the teller with the deposit slip, she yelled out, It's 602, its 602. (my member number) Everyone came running to see what I looked like. My member number will tell you that I was one of the very first who joined when the Credit Union was first started. :angel:

:ohmy: Wow! If my credit union ever yelled out my member/account # throughout the bank like that I'd withdraw my money, close my account right then and there, and report her.

:ohmy: Wow! If my credit union ever yelled out my member/account # throughout the bank like that I'd withdraw my money, close my account right then and there, and report her.

Considering I was the only customer in the room, I doubt any information was spread about. I found it rather amusing myself. Evidently I was some sort of a celebrity to them. And a mystery person. For years they had never seen me. What could any person do with the numbers 602. The majority of customers numbers are more than six figures long. And would you consider 602 a bank account number? Hardly.

My daughter has just died. I had bigger battles to fight than worry about my account number being yelled out to employees in an empty bank. Like what do I do with five orphaned children. :angel:

MC so what do you do with photos , you have to get film developed ? Dig out the digi camera you will be amazed how easy it is . I thought you would have loads of horsey photos on a phone, even the basics now have cameras on them and not expensive .

Today is a cooking day. Everything has been prepper, so today I'm making 6 dishes. I won't have to cook for awhile, although I probably will.

Today is a cooking day. Everything has been prepper, so today I'm making 6 dishes. I won't have to cook for awhile, although I probably will.

Well, I took the plunge and have three bills on automatic bank withdrawal. Now I just have to contact Metro and see if they accept automatic payment from the bank. They must. A lot of residents that are legally blind usually do not have checking accounts. And then we have a couple of them in the building that are in the early stages of dementia and they can't write checks either. Metro will only accepts checks from the residents. No cash. What a nice feeling actually. I will know immediately what my balance will be each month within 24 hours of my check being deposited. If I can get Metro to cooperate, I will be one happy camper on the fifth of each month. :angel:

Well, I took the plunge and have three bills on automatic bank withdrawal. Now I just have to contact Metro and see if they accept automatic payment from the bank. They must. A lot of residents that are legally blind usually do not have checking accounts. And then we have a couple of them in the building that are in the early stages of dementia and they can't write checks either. Metro will only accepts checks from the residents. No cash. What a nice feeling actually. I will know immediately what my balance will be each month within 24 hours of my check being deposited. If I can get Metro to cooperate, I will be one happy camper on the fifth of each month. :angel:

If Metro does not accept automatic deposits check with your bank to see if they will issue a check. My bank will cut and mail a check for a preset amount each month. They normally charge a fee for the service to cover the cost of a stamp. They waive it and all other fees on the limited activity senior saver checking account that I have.

If Metro does not accept automatic deposits check with your bank to see if they will issue a check. My bank will cut and mail a check for a preset amount each month. They normally charge a fee for the service to cover the cost of a stamp. They waive it and all other fees on the limited activity senior saver checking account that I have.

I write a check now and drop it in the office mailbox downstairs. Or if the manager is in, I just hand it to her. I just don't want to be bothered any more with bill paying. :angel:

Laundry. Mountains of laundry.

For some reason, DH feels the need to take 987 gray t shirts on any vacation. OK, that's a slight exaggeration, but close. He usually just wears 3, but the rest get put in the dirty clothes hamper when we get home to be washed anyway.

Laundry. Mountains of laundry.

For some reason, DH feels the need to take 987 gray t shirts on any vacation. OK, that's a slight exaggeration, but close. He usually just wears 3, but the rest get put in the dirty clothes hamper when we get home to be washed anyway.

He is a man. He only put 986 in there. He likes even numbers. And he doesn't have to do the laundry. :angel:

I think I am getting senile. I missed 2 bill payments in the past 30 days. I received a late charge, but I called and begged for forgiveness and they took the late fees off. Now, I sent the gas payment to the cable company and the cable payment to the gas company. What is wrong with me??? I don't understand how either of them got away with processing a check that was made out to someone else. If the mail man put my neighbor's social security check in my mailbox, I would not get away with cashing it.

Dawglover, when my step-daughter was a teen, she would take an outfit out of her closet to wear, then if she changed her mind, she would put it in the hamper instead of hanging it back up. It took me a couple weeks to figure that out, after she had tons of laundry each week. That's when I took her down to the laundry room and showed her how to work the washer and dryer. The only problem that caused was when she would get up each morning, decide what outfit she wanted to wear, and wash it, all by itself, rather than doing her laundry each week. The day she got married, I cried tears of joy! LOL

I think I am getting senile. I missed 2 bill payments in the past 30 days. I received a late charge, but I called and begged for forgiveness and they took the late fees off. Now, I sent the gas payment to the cable company and the cable payment to the gas company. What is wrong with me??? I don't understand how either of them got away with processing a check that was made out to someone else. If the mail man put my neighbor's social security check in my mailbox, I would not get away with cashing it.

Your post gave me a flashback!!! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkTA1CaXD7M

Carol, I used to work for the Dept. of Taxes for the State. I did data entry work. I can't tell you how many times we would get the Federal Tax returns, or a quarterly tax check for Federal payments. Fortunately the Federal Bldg. was right across the street. Once a week, our supervisor would keep all of the Federal ones, and one of us would walk them over and pick up the State ones they received. It is quite a common occurrence. The utility companies have an agreement between them. :angel:

If we got a check for their Macy's bill or some other than Federal Taxes, it was sent back to them. So you are not getting senile. It is when you sit down to pay all your bills at the same time that it happens. Complete each payment including putting it in the right envelope, stamp it and seal it. Then go on to the next bill. Everyone does that at least once in their life. :angel:

Went to visit the orthopedist today. my wrist has been hurting and my PCP suggested the possibility of arthritis and sent me to the bone guy.

X-rays reveal I have a previously undetected torn ligament that allowed a wrist bone to shift and cause inflammation and arthritis. He gave me a cortisone shot and a brace and sent me home. Hopefully, that will do the trick for a couple of months. Then I can go back for another shot.

Well, that sux, Andy. Hopefully you were able to get one of those cute little dominatrix braces, not one of the ugly blue things that I had to use when I broke my wrist.

Whatever, hope it gets fixed!

Back
Top Bottom