What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:gasp: Munky, that's downright morbid!

Glad you had a good vacay!

Sorry your offended. I thought it was funny.Had that "what look?" in my eyes.We had to go back and take a pic just to see if what drove by was really what we saw.Guess I'm morbid. Oh no! We did laugh though.

Made me wonder who opened what office first?

Taxidermy isn't a bad thing either.Where we were hunting is a natural thing.

Oh no, I'm not offended! I just thought it was hilarious!

Then again, when I took the "Mommy Quiz" on FB, turned out I'm Morticia Addams. But I already knew that.

Last edited:
Sorry your offended. I thought it was funny.Had that "what look?" in my eyes.We had to go back and take a pic just to see if what drove by was really what we saw.Guess I'm morbid. Oh no! We did laugh though.

Made me wonder who opened what office first?

Taxidermy isn't a bad thing either.Where we were hunting is a natural thing.
I wasn't offended. I thought it was morbid, but funny. I think taxidermy is strange.

Yup. Bake and sprinkle will be the way to go for Beagle and me.

Planted some more seeds today, and have been thinking of a way to use up the rest of the Spanish rice. I'm not a big carb person, so am thinking of making it into a tomato based soup. Picked up the car after maintenance. Should be OK now.

Last edited:
"bake and sprinkle" :LOL: I've never heard it put that way, but hopefully that's my final plan, too. :ermm::LOL:

The banana bread is about ready to take out of the oven, smells so good. I'm going out of town EARLY tomorrow morning with my daughter, we're picking up my granddaughters for a few days. Getting up at early thirty and on the road by 7:00, so I'll be packing some sliced banana bread and some sectioned mandarins for the road so we'll have some easy eats along the way. Coffee, too. :)

Munky, glad to hear you had a nice trip.

...Met with a real estate broker.It's going to be hard finding a single level home where we want to move to. I'll find it eventually...
Zillow. A friend moved from Atlanta to western New York and bought her house without ever setting a real foot inside. They did have a very trusted friend meet with the selling agent and he sent did live video with them while they "walked" through the house. Ain't technology great? And about that one-floor plan? I keep looking back in OH, even though we don't have this house up for sale, and one-floor plans are non-existent. Good luck with your hunt.

Being stuck in neutral for so many years hasn't been that much fun...
+1 Almost 15 years, and counting..]

Yup. Bake and sprinkle will be the way to go for Beagle and me.

Planted some more seeds today, and have been thinking of a way to use up the rest of the Spanish rice. I'm not a big carb person, so am thinking of making it into a tomato based soup. Picked up the car after maintenance. Should be OK now.

My parents ran a pet crematorium, now my brother runs it. It was kinda gross. :wacko:

My parents ran a pet crematorium, now my brother runs it. It was kinda gross. :wacko:

Don't think I could do that, BC. Whenever I think taxidermy, I think of the movie "Psycho" and Norman Bates.

My dad had an 8 point mounted buck head at his shop. I enjoyed being held up to pet it as a little kid.

Last edited:
I'm having a good time cruising around here and catching up! :)

I am having bit of a bad pain day so am not doing a lot of typing, but it is good just to see everyone again.

Just got home from delivering the Decoration Day/Memorial Day pots to the cemeteries.

Now I need to get busy and make some low carb peanut butter cookies and a broccoli salad to graze on over the weekend.

I am desperately trying to get warm. No heat. Just the A/C. My nose, ears and feet are ready to fall off. They are so cold. It is getting warmer outside. Right now it is up to 50ºF outside. Starting tomorrow the temps will be in the upper 70's to the 80's. I can live with that.

I have the oven on and if it stays this cold, I am going to find something to bake. The oven is on 125ºF. :angel:

I am desperately trying to get warm. No heat. Just the A/C. My nose, ears and feet are ready to fall off. They are so cold. It is getting warmer outside. Right now it is up to 50ºF outside. Starting tomorrow the temps will be in the upper 70's to the 80's. I can live with that.

I have the oven on and if it stays this cold, I am going to find something to bake. The oven is on 125ºF. :angel:

Mid 30's here this morning and no heat. I was laughing because earlier this week I took all of my blankets and my heavy winter comforter to the laundromat and washed them. I put an old thin comforter on the bed for the summer. No matter how cold it gets I'm not going to break down and use that freshly laundered bedding until next fall! By the middle of next week it will be in the 80's and I will be complaining about the heat! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Munky, glad to hear you had a nice trip.

Zillow. A friend moved from Atlanta to western New York and bought her house without ever setting a real foot inside. They did have a very trusted friend meet with the selling agent and he sent did live video with them while they "walked" through the house. Ain't technology great? And about that one-floor plan? I keep looking back in OH, even though we don't have this house up for sale, and one-floor plans are non-existent. Good luck with your hunt.

+1 Almost 15 years, and counting..]

Your friend was very lucky.Where were hoping to go to we don't know anyone.That's why it's been picked.LOL! That's terrible to say.Just being honest.

What I meant about the one floor plan, was were looking for a single story home.What she showed us were mostly 2 story homes.I'm not climbing 2 flights of stairs just to get to the front door.That's
'exercise effort" that I don't want or need.
Someday I'll have grand kids.The last thing I want to worry about is their falling down the steps.Cleaning a 2 story is a p.i.t.a. Been there done that never again.One of those houses was really weird.The whole floor plan was backwards.Spiral staircase right in the center of one room was just weird.I made the comment that the stairs could be removed and the pole left.If your into kinky things like that.Not me.Thanks but no!:ROFLMAO::LOL:

We have time.

Last edited:
Munky, you're funny! I knew what you meant about one floor. I know them by the name "ranch", but as we learned by moving from OH to MA, not all regions use the same name. Don't get me started on "bi-level". LOL!

Good luck no matter how you end up finding one. Maybe you could build? We've had each of our three built, but it wouldn't be as easy from a logistics point this next time. *sigh*

Munky, you're funny! I knew what you meant about one floor. I know them by the name "ranch", but as we learned by moving from OH to MA, not all regions use the same name. Don't get me started on "bi-level". LOL!

Good luck no matter how you end up finding one. Maybe you could build? We've had each of our three built, but it wouldn't be as easy from a logistics point this next time. *sigh*

People always say that about me.Thank you. It's nice that I can make people laugh.Off line I can get people laughing so hard tears run down their face.I just comment on everything things.I guess it's the tone of my voice that gets them the most.LOL! Half the time they don't know if I'm being brutally honest or just kidding around.That's the best part.:ROFLMAO:
My husband warns them."Watch out, it's the Munky show" just let her go.

And to think I could have been an actress,but I wound up here.It's ok I don't have to look good, just need to be clear.Oh great.Eagles tunes will be stuck in my mind all day.

As far as having one built.It hasn't been discussed.I think it would be too time consuming, stressful.We just want to go.I would get the kitchen that's built just for me.I'll toss that option to my husband and see what he thinks.

In and out, in and out, in and out...

That's been my day today. It's beautiful and I've been dividing my time between what has to be done inside and what I want to do outside.

The self-watering windowboxes that Glenn gave me for my birthday arrived yesterday afternoon so I've been spending some of today's time putting them where I want them. Can't wait to see them overflowing with flowers like the ones under the windows on the front of my studio.

Just finished making some Pistachio Fudge, which (after tasting it, um licking the bowl) makes my brother officially evil. He gave me the recipe and, holy cow, is it yummy. I'm almost tempted to sit by the refrigerator and wait while it firms up...but I won't. I'll be good.

Headed back outside to play in dirt and flowers a while longer. Don't want to waste this gloriously beautiful day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom