What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, Addie! :LOL:

We're having an exciting day here in our old home state. Doing laundry, eating leftovers. It's a veritable bed of roses! Actually, Goober is home sick with a cold. He wasn't feeling his best yesterday when we set out, and by the end of dinner he was spent. Slept from when we dropped him off until late afternoon today, so he's already a bit better. We should be back together tomorrow or Tuesday. Depends. As in, Depends on whether or not Loverly might need to use our car to get to work tomorrow. *sigh*

No complaints, though. We're "home" and it's cozy. :heart:

I named my Roomba Rosie after the maid on the Jetsons. I set her off on her cleaning whenever I have to go out. Put the wall up in front of the bathroom door and when I get home she is back in her charger. I am always surprised with just how much she can get.

My daughter had the Fiesta as her preferred present when she got married more than thirty years ago. She still has every piece, including all the service pieces. She used to bring it out for holidays for about ten years, then she packed it away and decided to set a formal table at holiday time. I prefer the Fiesta. :angel:

My mom was really surprised all of the nooks and crannies that it found! I'm not a fancy person so the Fiesta will be both my everyday stuff and my "fancy" stuff. How could those bright colors not create a "festive" holiday dinner?

Bakechef....what a great gift from your Mom! I've always LOVED Fiestaware, and have been wanting to treat myself to a set for years now. Maybe someday. Have a nice and safe trip back to NC! :)

We're home safe! My mom got good prices at Kohl's mixing sales and coupons.

I'm going to miss my very sensible cream colored Crate and Barrel dinnerware, it's been awesome without as much as a chip in 10 years.

What? You're getting rid of you old dishes??? Save them, store them, bring them out when you want a change. Then again, I'm a dishware hoarder. I have sets of service-for-8, plus a couple other "sets" of four plates and, in one case, just two. If your condo has a basement, find a little corner to use for your boxed Crate and Barrel set. You'll thank yourself for doing that some day.

OH, glad you're home safe, too. ;)

I love my everyday dinnerware from IKEA. Plain white heavy stoneware. The 11" dinner plates hold a good amount of food, and I like that they have no flat edge border. The salad plates are big, and I especially love the deep bowls. They're perfect for cereal and ice cream, and double as serving bowls for dips etc., at gatherings. Can't beat it at $20 for 18 pieces . :)

FÄRGRIK 18-piece dinnerware set - IKEA

I also have a set of lighter weight Corelle type dishes (also white), and my grandmother's full set of china, which is packed away. It's a beautiful rose pattern - I need to get it out and use it for special occasions. It was her everyday dinnerware.

I'd love a basic set of colorful Fiesta, and add to it yearly. :)

Last edited:
Gee, I have a sensible set for four of the Weeping Blue Willow Pattern dishes. Along with a couple of service pieces. I have the regular dinner soup bowls. I should pick up some cereal bowls. I love the pattern, but they are too heavy for me to stack and put back on the shelf all at once. So It is one dish at a time. Or I have Pirate do it for me. I have dinner, luncheon and salad plates. I only keep two of each out. I only use the salad plate to eat from. I can control my servings much easier. The plate looks full with just a small piece of meat, (chicken leg or thigh) small tater and a small helping of meat. :angel:

What? You're getting rid of you old dishes??? Save them, store them, bring them out when you want a change. Then again, I'm a dishware hoarder. I have sets of service-for-8, plus a couple other "sets" of four plates and, in one case, just two. If your condo has a basement, find a little corner to use for your boxed Crate and Barrel set. You'll thank yourself for doing that some day.

OH, glad you're home safe, too. ;)

No way! I'm going to store them. They are really high quality and you can't get them anymore.

I love my everyday dinnerware from IKEA. Plain white heavy stoneware. The 11" dinner plates hold a good amount of food, and I like that they have no flat edge border. The salad plates are big, and I especially love the deep bowls. They're perfect for cereal and ice cream, and double as serving bowls for dips etc., at gatherings. Can't beat it at $20 for 18 pieces . :)

FÄRGRIK 18-piece dinnerware set - IKEA

I also have a set of lighter weight Corelle type dishes (also white), and my grandmother's full set of china, which is packed away. It's a beautiful rose pattern - I need to get it out and use it for special occasions. It was her everyday dinnerware.

I'd love a basic set of colorful Fiesta, and add to it yearly. :)

My Crate and Barrel stuff is like that, simple off white with good weight to them, we've gotten many compliments on them. I got the whole set on clearance, still not super cheap, but better than they were. We will be keeping some of the bowls out to use, they are perfect shapes and sizes.

I had Spike disconnect my neighbor who wanted to be hooked up to my WiFi. When he first asked me, I was a bit hesitant, but both Pirate and Spike told me anyone could use my WiFi as long as they had the code. He agreed to pay me $20 a month. So Spike hooked him up. About ten days later he handed Spike the $20 in the hallway when he saw him as he was running for the elevator. So in a sense he was ten days late paying me. Next payment comes due and again, he is late. He doesn't even have the decency to knock on my door and tell me he will be late. When you add up all the time he has been using it without paying me in a timely manner, he has had a free month.

If I am late paying my bill, Comcast does not chase me. They just shut me off. And then charge me a fee to turn it back on. I am not a charity and I refuse to chase him for money that he owes. He can pay what he probably owes Comcast.

He has been a source of trouble ever since he moved in the building. He has a dog and told management that it was a service dog. Then he changed his story when he got caught in a lie because he couldn't produce a jacket for the dog labeled "Service Animal." Then it was his daughter's dog, but she couldn't keep it as she developed allergies to the dog. Now he tells us that it is a rescue dog. Considering the dog's behavior, that seem more likely. The dog has a bad case of separation anxiety. The owner leaves in the morning and the dog barks all day loooong. For ten hours straight!!! After two days of that, management told him the dog has to go. So now he supposedly brings the dog to his daughter's house. Hmmm! Didn't she develop allergies to the dog?

This man is a liar and owes the world money. A real con artist. But he is not my problem anymore. :angel:

I'm enjoying seeing so many of the same members still on here from when I was several years ago. I always loved seeing what people suggest, different recipes and how it's kind of like a family on here. I'm glad to be back and look forward to getting some great ideas :)

Hi Holy! We're still here either because we love hanging around DC, or we (sadly) don't have anything better to do with our time. :ermm: :LOL:

Since your avatar box says you just joined 12-2015, I'm guessing you were here under another name? Or did you just not sign up before because you were afraid we were going to bite...

Either way, glad you're here.

Hi Holy! We're still here either because we love hanging around DC, or we (sadly) don't have anything better to do with our time. :ermm: :LOL:

Since your avatar box says you just joined 12-2015, I'm guessing you were here under another name? Or did you just not sign up before because you were afraid we were going to bite...

Either way, glad you're here.

LOL!! I was under another name but I can't remember what it was! So I just signed up with a new name :chef:

Welcome back, HolyCanoli! Glad you're here, and looking forward to chatting with you. You have some catching up to do. :LOL: :flowers:

Trying to think of something to pull out of the freezer and defrost for dinner.
Needs to be cooking while I'm gone.

We could stop and pick something up. Every place will probably be packed.
I'd prefer to not be on the roads today any longer than we need to be.
Around here New Years Eve starts at dawn. I hope traffic won't be a problem.

I am searching the web for coupons for my cash items when I go shopping. And if I should find some for food items that I use my food stamps on, even better. I go down my grocery list and look for a coupon for the next item on the list. By the time I am through, I will have more than $30 in coupons. Yay!!! I hate grocery shopping, but the coupons make the effort worth it. :angel:

Just finished hard boiling some eggs for deviled eggs tonight.

Going out to lunch with my SIL and BIL a bit later.

I spent the afternoon with my grandson Tyler, and had all kinds of ideas for activities. Some worked out well, but he had a bossy attitude today. :glare: Sometimes that happens. He's five and thinks he knows everything and wanted to call the shots. :rolleyes: Like that'll happen. :LOL:

Mom took him home and I'm off to the kitchen in quietness to prepare the chili for New Year's Day dinner tomorrow with my brother. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom