What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You first posted at 8:25 a.m. Here it is 1:07 p.m. and you are already in recovery. Sounds like you are doing just fine. Prayers are still with you. Just make sure hubby is there around 11 a.m. tomorrow. That is the usual checkout time for most hospitals. Rounds have been made, paperwork done and you will be good to go. Just don't overdo it when you get home.

:flowers: Glad to hear from you. :angel:
Addie, when I was with my ex, he had to have some serious ear surgery but was only supposed to be in overnight. I was told to be there at 8:30 am to get him. We didn't have a car, so a friend was meeting me at the hospital to take us home. I arrived by transit at 8:00 in case he needed help changing. As I was heading in the entrance he called to me from the lobby waiting area. He had been booted out at 7:15 and sent downstairs to wait for me. I went back up to the ward to find out why and also to get instructions on the wound care, etc.

They told me that they needed his bed. Huh? This hospital didn't have an emergency, it was only for assigned surgeries and procedures. And, he ended up having problems that I had to take him to another hospital with an ER later that day. :mad:

I'm in recovery, waiting for a room. Doctor wants me to stay overnight for observation. Should be able to have ice chips soon :LOL: Then DH will get me a nice lunch and coffee.

Your post seems lucid, so I guess the anesthesia didn't muddle up your brain. ;) Seriously, though, glad to see you back here. Wishing you a yummy lunch and a quick recovery. Not necessarily in that order, though. :flowers:

The fireplace inspector finally came at 2:30 - right as we finished eating and I was getting TB's lunch packed for work. But at least that is over for another 6 months.

GG, I have been sending thoughts and prayers your way all day. Hope you get a good rest and can go home tomorrow as planned! :)

Thanks so much, everyone :) The procedure went well and I've been in a room for a few hours now. I went ahead and had the box lunch the hospital offered, but DH brought me a yummy dinner. He went to pick up Stryder from doggie day care, take her home and feed her and the cats, and then stopped by our favorite Greek restaurant on his way back here.

LP, I can't believe they put your DH out of his room like that! Shocking! At the hospitals here, patients have to be monitored by nurses until the family member shows up and they insist that either a nurse or a care partner (nurse's aide) take patients in a wheelchair to the vehicle.

Addie, the hospitals here are not run like hotels ;) Sometimes they want to do a procedure, or have blood testing done and get the results (they typically draw labs every four hours, at least for me), before you leave, so you can't predict exactly what time you'll be out the door. They won't let you go till they know you'll be safe.

DH has taken tomorrow off, so he'll bring me good coffee and my creamer in the morning and we'll be ready to go whenever they're done doing what they need to do.

It's only 8:30 here but I'm kind of tired. Time to fall asleep in the recliner find a movie and relax. :) Good night, all!

Addie, when I was with my ex, he had to have some serious ear surgery but was only supposed to be in overnight. I was told to be there at 8:30 am to get him. We didn't have a car, so a friend was meeting me at the hospital to take us home. I arrived by transit at 8:00 in case he needed help changing. As I was heading in the entrance he called to me from the lobby waiting area. He had been booted out at 7:15 and sent downstairs to wait for me. I went back up to the ward to find out why and also to get instructions on the wound care, etc.

They told me that they needed his bed. Huh? This hospital didn't have an emergency, it was only for assigned surgeries and procedures. And, he ended up having problems that I had to take him to another hospital with an ER later that day. :mad:

You can't know how many times I start haunting the staff around 7:00 a.m. with "Can I go home now? Are they here for rounds yet? Is the paper work done? I even start the night before. I want OUT! Eleven a.m. they finally release me. While I am waiting for paper work to get done, I keep asking for someone to remove the IV. I end up removing it myself. :angel:

Thanks so much, everyone :) The procedure went well and I've been in a room for a few hours now. I went ahead and had the box lunch the hospital offered, but DH brought me a yummy dinner. He went to pick up Stryder from doggie day care, take her home and feed her and the cats, and then stopped by our favorite Greek restaurant on his way back here.

LP, I can't believe they put your DH out of his room like that! Shocking! At the hospitals here, patients have to be monitored by nurses until the family member shows up and they insist that either a nurse or a care partner (nurse's aide) take patients in a wheelchair to the vehicle.

Addie, the hospitals here are not run like hotels ;) Sometimes they want to do a procedure, or have blood testing done and get the results (they typically draw labs every four hours, at least for me), before you leave, so you can't predict exactly what time you'll be out the door. They won't let you go till they know you'll be safe.

DH has taken tomorrow off, so he'll bring me good coffee and my creamer in the morning and we'll be ready to go whenever they're done doing what they need to do.

I hear you on the labs. They usually have to call a doctor in to find a vein in me. I can be sound asleep, and they wake me in the middle of the night and take forever to find a vein. Then the person gives up and calls the IV department. They can't find one. By now I have been stuck at least ten or more times. I call a halt to it and tell them to get a doctor STAT! They do and for some strange reason, he can always find one right away. By the time all that is finished they like to tell me it is time for the next set of labs. I am not a very cooperative patient. :angel:

Thanks so much, everyone :) The procedure went well and I've been in a room for a few hours now. I went ahead and had the box lunch the hospital offered, but DH brought me a yummy dinner. He went to pick up Stryder from doggie daycare, take her home and feed her and the cats, and then stopped by our favorite Greek restaurant on his way back here.

You can't know how many times I start haunting the staff around 7:00 a.m. with "Can I go home now? Are they here for rounds yet? Is the paperwork done? I even start the night before. I want OUT! Eleven a.m. they finally release me. While I am waiting for paperwork to get done, I keep asking for someone to remove the IV. I end up removing it myself. :angel:

GG, I am so glad to hear it went well and you have been able to enjoy food!

Here you get discharged whenever they are done with you no matter what time it is. After my appendix, they kept me in a couple of extra days because I was anemic. They checked the blood tests on the third day and decided everything was okay but wanted me to eat the meals they ordered for me that day so I couldn't leave until after dinner.

The one and only time I was ever hospitalized, due to arm pain (I suspected a possible heart attack) many years ago, they kept me for 5 days. The only positive thing was I got to watch "Paint Your Wagon." I was doing cartwheels down the hall, and the doctor still took his time to release me, even though there was nothing wrong. Got to pay for that stay for awhile, insurance didn't do much.

Last edited:
The Dr called today--not good news. I called my brother to tell him to book a ticket... He is in total denial. Thought if I had to know, he should (selfish of Me). Haven't yet told my Dad. I think the Dr shoukd be the one to tell him, nof me. CRAP, CRAP, CRAP.

I found this old Vista working. All going thoughts and prayers for you. Hang in there!

Crap, this old girl from 2005 still works! Woooo! Love lots from us!

It may sound insane but I'm really grateful for this old computer. I really didn't know if my old girl would work. We name our stuff like computers and cars, and her name is Purrl.

Purrl is up and running like mad. Cat has my new laptop, she deserves the best we can give her.

Our home is quiet now, I checked on everyone. Cat, Rina, Arlene, and Justin are all snoozing away.

I'm here just enjoying our home and looking at them, wonderful and safe.

I may not be perfect, but by God I'll do anything to make them happy.

The one and only time I was ever hospitalized, due to arm pain (I suspected a possible heart attack) many years ago, they kept me for 5 days. The only positive thing was I got to watch "Paint Your Wagon." I was doing cartwheels down the hall, and the doctor still took his time to release me, even though there was nothing wrong. Got to pay for that stay for awhile, insurance didn't do much.

Dawg, are you aware that the symptoms for heart attack are quite different for women than men? And the reason they kept you was probably because your lab work was still showing problems. Once I pulled an AMA, and the next day I found myself right back in the hospital. When they begged me to stay, they wanted to give me a pint of blood. A procedure that would have taken probably an hour or two. The next day when I was rushed back, I need two pints and then they gave me a third a few hours later. It seems I was really, really low on blood. No wonder I felt lousy. It was the lab work that alerted the doctors to a potential problem. I was just being difficult. :angel:

Fixin' to head into town and do a few errands. February and March are big birthday months for family and friends, so I need to buy cards and stamps. A quick trip through the ATM for cash to buy raffle tickets for my grandson's baseball team, stop at the store for milk and eggs, get some gasoline, and then I should be done. :)

The Dr called today--not good news. I called my brother to tell him to book a ticket... He is in total denial. Thought if I had to know, he should (selfish of Me). Haven't yet told my Dad. I think the Dr shoukd be the one to tell him, nof me. CRAP, CRAP, CRAP.

CW,

I'm very sorry that it has to be you to tell your Dad. Your brother will get over it. You at least had the decency to tell him now so that he can see his Dad. He should be grateful.

Maybe the Dr thought it best for you to tell your Dad.Your Dad might not be in any shape to fully understand if it's he who tells him. His Daughter will. Personally I'd rather hear it from a loved one.

Keep strong in this tough time.

Fixin' to head into town and do a few errands. February and March are big birthday months for family and friends, so I need to buy cards and stamps. A quick trip through the ATM for cash to buy raffle tickets for my grandson's baseball team, stop at the store for milk and eggs, get some gasoline, and then I should be done. :)

Just a "few" errands?

Gee, and I have no plans other than a quick trip to Winthrop and then back home. House is clean, today's inspection lasted a whole three minutes. So I get to sit back, watch the TV and do some needlework. :angel:

Addie, I live in a rather small town out in the middle of nowhere - 3 miles from one end of town to the other. It's easy to go to several places to get errands done, and be home within an hour. I love small town life. :)

CWS....my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

CW, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today. Hang in there.

Back
Top Bottom