What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cooking green chili, again and tearing up the unfortunate laminate flooring in the kitchen and dining room. Admiring the stove and happy I don't see that yellow eyesore anymore.

PF, it sounds like you are having way too much fun ripping things up! You go, girl!

Watching Olympic men's swimming!
Me too! They not only can swim, but are quite easy on the eyes.
Himself looks like them. Really, except I do mean "them". Like, two of them in one body. He claims his one-swimmer body is hidden under a fat suit, but I ain't buying it.

Haven't been here because I've been getting over a case of the "24-hour flu-ood". Himself has a cast-iron stomach, but I'm thinking that turkey breast was a wee too old to cook and eat. The leftovers will be tossed.

Just came back from checking on the progress on our new home

IMG_2926.JPG

I could just cry!
We got to talk with the Construction Manager while there, and he's confident that our next walk-thru (Pre-Dry Wall) will be in 2 weeks!
I could just cry!

I was a bit worried about you, Kgirl, so I'm happy to know this is a good thing!

View attachment 25148

I could just cry!
We got to talk with the Construction Manager while there, and he's confident that our next walk-thru (Pre-Dry Wall) will be in 2 weeks!
I could just cry!

If you are waiting for permission to cry, then here it is! Have a good cry.

I am sitting here with the AC on high and enjoying my first cool moment all day. The temp outside is 78ºF. and the humidity is 87%. When it was 90ºF. this afternoon we had a short spell of light rain. That only made it worse. And the weather is going to be like this until next Monday. We get a break on Tuesday.

I have had the AC on high all day and the windows open. I know it sounds crazy. But the workmen want it that way to try and get the walls dry by Monday. Unless I am going outside for any length of time, then I can plug the huge fans in and let them do their job. But they make so much noise, that even with the TV turned up as high as it will go, you still can't hear it unless you are right in front of it. I know. I have tried. I am making every effort to cooperate with them. But there is a limit. And those fans are the limit. But the good new is that.....

The fellow in #312 that created all this mess for himself and three other tenants has been taken to a hospital. He turned the faucet on and then forgot how to turn it off. So he put a couple of his heavy jogging type pants in the sink, thinking it would stop the water from running.

A few months back he had brain surgery for a tumor. Then when he came home he had a stroke a couple of weeks later. He hasn't been right since then. So yesterday he took a walk to the corner deli and ordered a deli sandwich to be delivered to his mother, who just happens to be in rehab from surgery. She is in her late 90's. The owner of the deli saw that something was wrong and called an ambulance for him. I need to go to the deli and thank them. And buy a sandwich also. Everyone here tried to keep an eye on him, but that could be a 24 hr. job. :angel:

Last edited:

I could just cry!
I could just cry!
I am so excited for you, K-Girl! We contracted to build all three of our houses, the first two close to where we were living at the time. This third one was build mostly remotely, with me driving in from OH to check on it a couple of times during construction. The though of buying a "used" house when we move back scares me - I don't know how to do that!

Take pictures and more pictures. You will look back on that record for years to come. Have fun with this adventure. :heart:

If you are waiting for permission to cry, then here it is! Have a good cry.

I am sitting here with the AC on high and enjoying my first cool moment all day. The temp outside is 78ºF. and the humidity is 87%. When it was 90ºF. this afternoon we had a short spell of light rain. That only made it worse. And the weather is going to be like this until next Monday. We get a break on Tuesday.

I have had the AC on high all day and the windows open. I know it sounds crazy. But the workmen want it that way to try and get the walls dry by Monday. Unless I am going outside for any length of time, then I can plug the huge fans in and let them do their job. But they make so much noise, that even with the TV turned up as high as it will go, you still can't hear it unless you are right in front of it. I know. I have tried. I am making every effort to cooperate with them. But there is a limit. And those fans are the limit. But the good new is that.....

The fellow in #312 that created all this mess for himself and three other tenants has been taken to a hospital. He turned the faucet on and then forgot how to turn it off. So he put a couple of his heavy jogging type pants in the sink, thinking it would stop the water from running.

A few months back he had brain surgery for a tumor. Then when he came home he had a stroke a couple of weeks later. He hasn't been right since then. So yesterday he took a walk to the corner deli and ordered a deli sandwich to be delivered to his mother, who just happens to be in rehab from surgery. She is in her late 90's. The owner of the deli saw that something was wrong and called an ambulance for him. I need to go to the deli and thank them. And buy a sandwich also. Everyone here tried to keep an eye on him, but that could be a 24 hr. job. :angel:

I would think the fact that he turned the water on, left it running, and plugged up the sink, causing water damage to his place and other's would have been reason enough to have him checked out in the hospital, medically and psychiatrically. Sounds like he doesn't need to be living alone and unsupervised. I'd be horribly worried about him leaving the stove on and causing a fire.... You'd think your apartment management would do something about it if nothing else.

I am putting my feet up and TAKIN' 5!!

Ever since shortly after breakfast, I have been in the kitchen "playing in food" in one form or another.

First, I wove and cooked nearly 4 pounds of bacon into what we call sandwich slabs for BLTs, which are on the horizon based on the volume of tomatoes about to ripen.

That wasn't too difficult a task because the Cuisinart griddler did all the hot part. The weaving part was a bit tedious but it's all done and I won't have to do it for a good long while. Made enough to put plenty in the freezer.

Baked two loaves of bread yesterday and have a head of lettuce at the ready, so "come on, tomatoes!"

During some of the "down" time with the bacon I cooked the sausage filling for a stuffed banana pepper recipe. The peppers are almost there and I plan to be ready when there are enough to make this dish.

I'm pretty sure I overdid it and will pay later today but, at the time, I felt pretty good and blazed on. I kinda have to take advantage of my better moments because, sometimes, my days don't go as I'd like.

Kind of funny, though, I have no idea what I'm going to make for supper. Bit of a cosmic joke, isn't it?

Wishing all of us could get out of town for a few weeks. Go anywhere that's not here. Looking at the map.

The wildfires have been taking a toll on everyone's respiratory systems.
Going on 3 weeks now. Were socked in a pocket of smoke and haze. We don't even live in L.A.!:ohmy:

We've all been sick with bad coughs,headaches,sore throats,irritated eyes.
We went to the Dr. (Head Hunters) All they say is stay inside. Close the widows. If you go out wear a mask.

Cali will be more than willing/happy even, to take the heavy rains some of you have been getting.
We might even send you a thank you note.

Isn't it horrible, Munky. :( So much of California has burned up. My son-in-law has been away from his family for weeks at a time fighting the fires, whole communities are gone, people are homeless, and now the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Mississippi are flooding with devastating results. :(

Take care and do try to stay inside. Thinking of you and praying for all.

Wishing all of us could get out of town for a few weeks. Go anywhere that's not here. Looking at the map.

The wildfires have been taking a toll on everyone's respiratory systems.
Going on 3 weeks now. Were socked in a pocket of smoke and haze. We don't even live in L.A.!:ohmy:

We've all been sick with bad coughs,headaches,sore throats,irritated eyes.
We went to the Dr. (Head Hunters) All they say is stay inside. Close the widows. If you go out wear a mask.

Cali will be more than willing/happy even, to take the heavy rains some of you have been getting.
We might even send you a thank you note.

Gee Munky, I would gladly send you some of our rain. But right now we need it also. About another six inches will do for us, and then you can have all the extra. We only need about another two inches and then we will be back on track. But I figure it never hurts to have a little extra.

Every time I look at a weather map, it just seems like the rain comes right up to the very edge of where it is really needed and continues on to where it has enough along with too much extra. :angel:

:ROFLMAO: DH came home from work, eyes wide, and screeched, "There's another snake in the garage!" I grabbed the tongs, but missed it the first time. Then DH spotted it again, curled up in the corner, and this time I got it. Beautiful corn snake. I told DH I wanted to get a picture of it. Here, hold these tongs while I get my iPad. Nope, I was to release it into the woods ASAP. Pity, it was a lovely snake.

:ROFLMAO: DH came home from work, eyes wide, and screeched, "There's another snake in the garage!" I grabbed the tongs, but missed it the first time. Then DH spotted it again, curled up in the corner, and this time I got it. Beautiful corn snake. I told DH I wanted to get a picture of it. Here, hold these tongs while I get my iPad. Nope, I was to release it into the woods ASAP. Pity, it was a lovely snake.
:LOL:
You are such a hero! Dh kills a spider and says, 'I saved your life! I'm your hero!'. :LOL:

:LOL:
You are such a hero! Dh kills a spider and says, 'I saved your life! I'm your hero!'. :LOL:

:LOL: In the process of snake searching, DH discovered two shed skins behind the plastic barrels of stuff. Just to mess with him, I told him the snake probably had lived in our garage for years. They do eat mice.

I don't squish spiders, I just take them outside. DH eeks out about them too, so I'm the spidergirl.

Men are highly overrated. Even after 30+ years, I had no idea DH was snake-phobic.

Bwahhahaha. I will use this knowledge to my advantage.

DH is calling Dan's Overhead Doors and More tomorrow to fix the bottom seal. Wimp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom