What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After hosting thanksgiving 2 years in a row its at my brothers house this year. My sisinlaw is a huge clean freak with OCD. Its done nothing but rain so there is mud everywhere. This should be fun.

I'm coming up behind you, msm. House is clean (enough), veggies are all prepped for cooking, and I'm enjoying an alcohol rubdown from the inside (a glass of wine). For once, I think I might be able to be relaxed when SIL and her hubby show up for dinner. Whew!

I just got up and waiting for hub to help me with the turkey (stuff cavity with half onion, rosemary, sage and thyme sprigs) and into oven.

Took the two potato dishes and the sautéed stuffing veggies out of freezer to thaw.

This is the first year in quite awhile I don't have anything to prep day of except gravy.

I get to enjoy the day!! And have an early dinner.

Hub doesn't approve of drinking so no wine. :(

Last edited:
Having my first cup of coffee before I spring into action and begin a whirlwind of activity. Well, there's no spring left in me so let's say I'll get up from a sitting position and start doing something.

We had breakfast. Turkey is cooking. And I have nothing to do at the moment but watch the two potato dishes thaw. Very strange. Watching Ratatouille.

I'm helping the boy make devilled eggs, keeping the cats out of DW's way so they live to see another day (you can get run over if you're not careful when she's cleaning the house , expecting guests), and cleaning the bird's room.

I'm helping the boy make devilled eggs, keeping the cats out of DW's way so they live to see another day (you can get run over if you're not careful when she's cleaning the house , expecting guests), and cleaning the bird's room.

Birds room?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

I hope you all enjoy your day, evening meals...

Were having a quiet buffet style, sit where you want.Traditional dinner.
Watch the game.
I saw this morning were down a pie. Guess Mr.Munky and our son had something to do with that.
You know,wondering a month ago if Mr. Munky was even going to be home for Thanksgiving, or to even be able to eat a turkey dinner at all. Seeing that were down a pie made me smile. :mrgreen:

I'm truly thankful that he's home with us.

Can't wait until tomorrow when everyone talks about all the good family gossip.
You guys are a lot of fun. It's like the day after. "I survived the In laws!" stories. LOL!!!

Have a great dinner everyone.:wub:

Munky Badger.

Unfortunately my daughter picked yesterday to have a tizzy fit. And I refuse to play into it. I was supposed to go to her house. That is now off the table. So instead she went to Boston Chicken and bought me a dish of chicken leg, mashed taters with gravy that had raw diced carrots in it as well as the stuffing. I won't go on, but the whole dinner was a big disappointment.

She called me to ask me what I wanted on the plate from BC. She stopped by with it and Spike went down to get it. Another tizzy fit. Because I didn't go down. I was still in my nightgown and this building does have a dress code for the hallways. Proper street clothes for the hallways.

It may sound like the day was ruined for me. Not really. I am having a nice restful calm day and loving it. And I got a lovely phone call from Maine. My granddaughter lives there and she had some wonderful news for me. It made my day!

Watch the game.
I saw this morning were down a pie. Guess Mr.Munky and our son had something to do with that.
You know,wondering a month ago if Mr. Munky was even going to be home for Thanksgiving, or to even be able to eat a turkey dinner at all. Seeing that were down a pie made me smile. :mrgreen:

You guys are a lot of fun. It's like the day after. "I survived the In laws!" stories. LOL!!!

Munky Badger.

Well I for one am so happy to hear such good news. I remember when I had my heart surgery at the end of October, and come Thanksgiving. We held hands and each of us took a turn to state what we were thankful for. I was just thankful for being alive for another Thanksgiving with me family. And I am sure not only your family is, but even more so. Mr. Munky.

I am so glad that he is doing better. At least he is well enough to still appreciate and enjoy your baking skills.

How is his rehab coming along?

I'm enjoying the aromas from the oven and a glass of apple cider sangria. Will soon get started on the cherry sauce and mashed potatoes. Nice, quiet Thanksgiving with just DH and me :wub:

I am not having the greatest day/week.

My pain flares are increasing in length of time, intensity of pain and frequency. It is causing major side effects like not being able to concentrate, think, remember. I am often grumpy and/or depressed. Also my ability to write for my blog is non-existant.

On top of that, Violet has been having similar pain problems and is back to only one walk a day because her back legs are buckling on her if she goes too fast or far.

So, the two of us are going to be spending a very quiet day. at the moment I am resting in bed with my laptop and she is curled up at my feet - oh, ya, she also needs help getting onto our bed now when she used to jump up freely.

I am more concerned with her health problems because she is good medicine for me and while I don't like to see her in pain, losing her will be very hard on TB and I. These past 12 years she has been in our life have been amazing!

*hugs* I am trying to sit down and figure out , how I can my daily life to work with the so call rehab course I need to go on. So I have to remove two of three things to do in one week, rest or food shopping or 1 day less Mummy and me time with my daughter..

I have kept Library day with my daughter, I refuse remove that . I cant charge my batteries in the weekend because it doesnt work when she and my husband is home. I need 5 hours alone time to charge or my pain gets to high, but we need to eat too.

No my husband cant go shopping, he can get milk but anything else stresses him out because he cant the language and doesnt know what is what.

Not fun

Watch the game.

Munky Badger.

Same to you, Munky Badger. What a ride you've all been through, and for the Mr. to steal some pie is such a bonus, let alone having him home! Enjoy. :wub:

I am smiling at Mr. Munky stealing the pie!

I am also filling myself with garlic, cold pills, hot lemon and honey...I am supposed to be going for our annual Ladies' sushi and game night Friday but I can't if I am "sick". With my touch and go immune system I am supposed to lay low if I have the slightest sniffle let alone a sinus infection and bad cough.

But three of my friends and I have been doing this for several years now. On a Friday night in November we go out to celebrate all our birthdays - two in October and two in November. We always go to a great local Sushi restaurant, pig out like crazy then go to one of our houses and play silly games, talk and have desert.

I will have the whole weekend to rest up and get better but this only comes once a year!

I'm making ingredients :) Just finished making candied ginger for ginger-orange quick bread and I have three pounds of onions in the slow cooker getting nice and caramelized :yum:

Attachments

• 1480115293774.jpg
    1480115293774.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 95
Well, this is really exciting. DH, his brother, and his brother's wife are all going through through their vinyl record albums. I offered to send them a whole bunch of vintage albums. For free! Nobody paid any attention, and I can talk pretty loud. They are too busy yacking. So I'm not saying anything anymore.

Oh well, I have a couple of elderly dogs to cuddle, along with a few old cats.

The brothers are having a good time, and I am totally bored. And now they are comparing baseball cards. Oh joy, oh rapture.

I'll leave 'em alone. They're having a lot of fun. I guess. My SIL, probably not so much. But I have elderly dogs and cats to cuddle with.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom