What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have a great visit, Ross! I feel very blessed - we get to see our kids twice a year minimum. It must be tough going two years. BTW, my Mom always called me her little girl, too...even though I was 6+ inches taller than she! "No matter how old you get, you're still my baby" What I would give to hear that again. :heart:

I'm in a staring contest with the last five upper cupboards I need to wash. Two of them are those over the refrigerator, which is so very deep we need to pull it out in order for me to reach the cupboard fronts. Maybe they can wait until tomorrow...

Look awayyyyy...Look awayyy...
Rule that works for me is "If I don't see it. I don't clean it" It works.
You should see the top of my fridge. It hasn't seen me in 5+ years. :ROFLMAO::stuart:

Just gave mt Lil"Sophie a good bath and a hair cut. She's a happy puppy.
Made her some bacon bits for being a good girl. She's really getting prissy in her old age.

Now I need to vacume up all that hair.

Munky.

Just out driving around. 0508171818.jpg0508171819a.jpg

Hope you enjoy your trip to Missouri.

Last trip of any length (planned out) that Mom and I took was to Houston in October of 2005. We went with my sister to see my nephew who had just had his first child.

I'll be driving to Houston for Mom's day. I'm only going from Dallas, but I hate that drive!!! Four hours of boring, occasionally punctuated by intense drama. I rent a car when I do that drive, with the extra insurance, so I can bring it back "as is."

Interesting, and real rental car conversation...

Q: Where's the front bumper?

A: In the trunk.

Q: Why?

A: There was a truck tire carcass in the middle of the highway, in the dark. Here's the keys.

I-45 is a gauntlet. At any given moment, something you would never expect to happen... could happen.

In December of 2015, I was driving to Houston on I-45, and the weather was awful. Suddenly, traffic just stopped. I figured it was a wreak. Then leaves and yellow insulation started falling from the air onto my rental car. And, out of the woods emerges a *&^*#$ tornado. Seriously? December?

It made a sudden turn and went back into the woods.

I got to my parent's house and went straight to their bar and poured some of my dad's Maker's Mark on the rocks.

CD

Last edited:
CD - sounds like that was one interesting trip Guess a drive from Dallas to Houston is doable. OTOH, we had to fly out there so we could maximize our time. Could only get a week off at the time. On our way to Houston, the pilot flew over New Orleans and pointed out the flooding that had happened during Katrina.

I am enjoying the clean feeling from my first full shower since surgery on Friday. We washed my hair on Sunday but I couldn't get the incisions wet until yesterday and I just didn't feel up to it! I also have a new dress on which always makes me feel good!

Every year I order 4 - 6 pieces from an online company that sells "ethical clothing" made of cotton as well as other fabrics. This time I got 2 sundresses, 2 short sleeved dresses, and 2 skirts - all ankle length. I am still wearing some from last year as well but needed some new ones. Half the order came 2 weeks ago and the other half just arrived yesterday. They are loose and comfortable which I need with chronic pain.

We are getting ready for the drywaller to come and FINALLY repair the holes they put in our bathroom walls when we had the flood 2 months ago. The flood source was in the suite next door but we got the damage. In this whole time, we have been having mold smells and hundreds of moths coming in even though the holes were sealed over. We will be so glad to have this problem fixed...just before we move! At least the new owner will have a safe place to live! :ermm:

Searching out various recipes for a couple of defrosting Lamb Shoulder Blade Chops.
What a coinky dink!

The ones from New Zealand? I pulled a pack of those out of the freezer Sunday and put them in the fridge. They weren't defrosted yesterday, so I put them in the less cold fridge. I'm thinking lamb stew, but will probably look around for some other recipes before deciding for sure.

Thank you to all who posted the films of the birds practicing what Mother Nature has in store for them. A delight to watch. Sort of reminds me of the Loon Ducks we have in these parts.

Thank you to all who posted the films of the birds practicing what Mother Nature has in store for them. A delight to watch. Sort of reminds me of the Loon Ducks we have in these parts.

One of the cutest trailers I've ever seen was at the beginning of a Disney movie. It had all sorts of animals, including grebes, dancing to music.

My type of grebe dont do that amazing dance, but I do think they look cooler with their hair do!

Have decided to braise the lamb chops with...

onion, carrots, celery, lemon, red wine, tomato paste, diced tomoat, curry, cumin, coriander, garlic, light soy sauce, thicken then sprinkled with a couple of sprigs of fresh mint (which from the back of the fridge isn't exactly the freshest looking, lol)

I also have some baby spinach which I might use at the last second hmmm... with the mint? not sure that goes together... we'll see...

Was going to use the slow cooker but have pulled out the smaller Dutch Oven instead.

If you see a review from me it was a success, but if not... you'll never get me to admit I ever made it. :rolleyes:

Bleh.... nope, nope .... I never made it... three elephants got loose and crashed into my kitchen and carried off the chops. I chased them on the dirt bike but they were too fast for me.

Liar, liar... pants on fire!

My type of grebe dont do that amazing dance, but I do think they look cooler with their hair do!

CP, once the Swedish grebes and the North American grebes get the same hairdresser and dance instructor, they will be unstoppable! They will win Dancing With the Grebes!

Last edited:
I'm getting ready to sell something tomorrow, an appliance. I've agreed to meet the buyer at my storage locker. It's right under some freeway overpasses. I assume he can find it ok.

stor_em_pic_overpasses.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom