What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yikes! CD. :ohmy: That is not an easy fix at all. I'm sure this is going to be a really tough road for you to travel down, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. When the medical professionals give you the choice between living and adult liquid refreshments, I suppose it puts thing into sharp focus. Hang in there - we're all cheering for ya!

Yikes! CD. :ohmy: That is not an easy fix at all. I'm sure this is going to be a really tough road for you to travel down, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. When the medical professionals give you the choice between living and adult liquid refreshments, I suppose it puts thing into sharp focus. Hang in there - we're all cheering for ya!

Thans. This has been described to me as Varicose veins, but in your esophagus. Meds, diet and no alcohol are used to minimize future bleeders, but more than than likely, I will experience more at some time.

No more jajapeños with tequila chasers. :cool:

CD

Wellll, not exactly fixed. Treated. It can't be fixed short of a liver transplant. Seems blood doesn't flow through my liver well, for multiple reasons (my appreciation of fine beverages being one), and it backs up in vessels in my esophagus, which expand, and sometimes burst.

So, major changes are in store at the doghouse. Meds, dietary restrictions, and no alcohol..

CD

That doesn't sound good, CD. Prayers going up for you. What meds do they have you on?

Just watched Mr. Munky drive off to work for the last time (He's NOT staying!) Signing the final paperwork.

Were now retired. Tomorrow it will be official.
I'm saying it's today. Were going to be on the road tomorrow.

Tonight to celebrate I'll make him his favorite dinner Prime Rib. Chocolate cake for dessert.

Munky.

Just watched Mr. Munky drive off to work for the last time (He's NOT staying!) Signing the final paperwork.

Tonight to celebrate I'll make him his favorite dinner Prime Rib. Chocolate cake for dessert.

Munky.

Congrats to you and Mr. Munky. Enjoy your retirement.

Congrats Munky Badger!

BTW, I want you to cook my retirement dinner...in about ten or so years, same menu.

Munky, Monkey wants to know where you are going on the road so she can catch up with you. She is apparently not too happy going from a complex she could romp in to a third story balcony.

All jokes aside, Congrats to you and Mr. Munky. Have a great retirement!

Casey, liver problems are no fun. A few years ago I had my gallbladder out and the doctor knicked my liver. One week later I was having a hematoma drained from the liver and it has given me problems ever since. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take good care of yourself and LISTEN to the doctor, no matter how hard the life changes are. :flowers:

Thank you everyone.
They say the fun has yet to begin... Well, it needs to hurry up already.
We have made plans to do something soon.:LOL:

Wish AARP would just go away. Keep your tacky traveling tote bag. I don't want it. Nobody knew I just turned 50 in April but family members, and well DC if you look for it. Don't do it!
How do they know!? :ermm::LOL:

@LP,
Monkey doesn't want to go with me tomorrow.
The Head Hunters are after me this time. It's a nothing visit.
She will get used to her new turf soon. I've been wondering how she likes her new home.

Munky.

I'm saying it's today. Were going to be on the road tomorrow...
Congrats on the retirement! Happy trails to you when you get out of Dodge. Let us know if we need to collect bail money for you and the Mister. ;)

Congrats on the retirement, Munky. Enjoy the time.

Got the daily things done already, just waiting for breakfast to get done to the point where I can put the kielbasa in and fix Mom's egg and slice the tomato.

First of the month - going to go do grocery shopping today, Walmart run tomorrow.

Everyone have a good day, and live a Semi-Charmed Life.

Congrats on the retirement, Munky. Enjoy the time.

Got the daily things done already, just waiting for breakfast to get done to the point where I can put the kielbasa in and fix Mom's egg and slice the tomato.

First of the month - going to go do grocery shopping today, Walmart run tomorrow.

Everyone have a good day, and live a Semi-Charmed Life.
Thank you for reminding me that it's the first of the month! I'll definitely avoid the grocery stores today ;)

Munky.
Yay, Munky and Mr. Munky! What a relief that must be. Less stress, more fun! :clap:

Yay, Munky and Mr. Munky! What a relief that must be. Less stress, more fun! :clap:

Isn't it though? I'm going to be real naughtyyyyyy:brows:
We might need bail money. Save your pennies.

After my useless appmt today were going Jeep shopping.
That's going to be Daddy's retirement present. He's earned it.

So, if you ever see a Jeep that says on the back tire cover

"Beep, beep I'm a Jeep!" That's me. Change lanes. Quick!:ohmy::LOL:

You know what he bought me?
A T shirt that say's.
"I'm retired & you're not.Have fun at work tomorrow"
That should get me some dirty looks.

Also a sweatshirt jacket that says "Don't mess with the Honey Badger" with a matching pink and black coffee cup that says "Crazy Honey Badger Lady" Looks like I'm all set.:-p

Munky.

Yeah, Munky!!!! Hope you have enough time to fit everything into retirement. You'll be amazed how time gets filled up...and quickly.

I just finished a minor vacuuming of the pool. Boy, does it look fantastic. The water is crystal clear and the temperature is just about right-on.

Before I went out to tend to the pool I put a 6-pound piece of pork into the stovetop smoker to get all nice and "happy" for supper. I'm pretty certain barbecue is in our future. The rum baked beans are ready and the tea is chillin' for iced coolness.

Can't wait to pull the piggy out of the smoker for the first hickory-smoked taste. I'll have to settle for delayed gratification because it won't be done for another 3 hours or so. As always, it'll be worth the wait.

...So, if you ever see a Jeep that says on the back tire cover

"Beep, beep I'm a Jeep!" That's me. Change lanes. Quick!:ohmy::LOL:..
Girl, you need a Jeep cover that says "Here Comes Trouble!" :LOL:

I'm just about ready to head out the door to the Farmers' Market down the road...about 14 miles down the road, that is. I have no idea how many vendors will be there today because we've had such a late start to the season. I was there two or three weeks ago and had only three stands I could buy from. There were two or three others, but I wasn't shopping for meat (they had beef and I already have a fine butcher), soaps, and bread and bakery (it's OK, but way overpriced compared to what I can bake for at home...and not any better).

If I feel like it, I'll continue down the road to Aldi - another five miles. Then home again, home again...jiggity-jig. ;)

I'm catching up here and on FB using my tablet. Our internet service is down, so we are using mobile data to connect. Poor Stirling spent 30 to 50 minutes talking to a newby in tech sup at our ISP. Dude just couldn't understand that our router is hooked to the modem with a cable. Our whole house is wired for internet, 'cause we have been using the internet for a long time. Finally got it bumped up and we're waiting for a call.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom