What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I pestered my Dad so much that he taught me to drive when I was 15, in 1966. At the time we had 2 cars; a 1957 standard Buick Roadmaster and a 1957 automatic Buick Special. I had to learn on the standard according to my Dad. And I had standard cars until 2000.

Thanks for "helping" me shop, CD, but I think we'll end up with the Santa Fe. The salesman is taking it to our mechanic Friday for his seal of approval before we sign the check. If the mechanic OKs the car, we'll start doing the Dealing Dance for the absolute best $$ offer that we can get from the dealership. You know, the fun part. ;)

If you are ever in the Cleveland area, you need to go to the Western Reserve Historical Society. They have a building with a display of their vast car collection - something like seven dozen. Or, basically, less than half of what Jay Leno has in his "garage".

Good on you for getting a PPI (pre-purchase inspection). I tell all my friends to do that when they buy a pre-owned car, unless they buy it from a very reputable new-car dealer. Those dealers do their own PPIs, and if the car doesn't pass, they wholesale it to some independent used-car lots. Reputable new car dealers only keep the best cars for their own pre-owned inventory. They don't want any hassles after the sale.

CD

Sounds like interesting times, PF. I don't think I'd like to go back to the politics of the dayshift.

Good luck, and stay the course. Things will shake out and settle down.

Management has so many meetings during the week and day that are redundant. I am attending them so my dept manager can go on vacation and I will know what to do and expect. ARKKKK!

Bright side, I was able to pick up and run yesterday, churning out 4 MDS reports. My average at last job was 8 per day. New computer system is a stumbling block.

Having a good time and the cats are confused.:wacko:

PF, I firmly believe that "confuse" is a cat's normal state of mind! :LOL:

Good on you for getting a PPI (pre-purchase inspection)...
We've done this for decades, from the second used car we bought on. Why the second, you might ask? Because the first used car without a PPI had "issues". Once bitten, twice shy. When we did have that car checked, I asked Himself what we should do after the mechanic checked it. "Do whatever he says" were Himself's famous words. He came home to that same car in the garage that night. "Why is that car still here?" My reply was "because Rob said to go ahead and buy it!". :LOL: It was also the first car we bought cash, we had traded in my car, and he wasn't needed to sign off on a loan (this was the early 1990s when the wage-earner had to sign). Surprise!

Best wishes and good hugs to PF and CG! :) Here I sit with no major decisions to make and feeling lucky for that. Loves to y'all....seriously. :)

I just got home from Aldi's and the man ahead of me in line had a cart load of items. He got it all unloaded and was next when he started to put it all back in his cart. I said is everything alright and he said he just discovered that he forgot his wallet. I felt so sorry for him.

I just got home from Aldi's and the man ahead of me in line had a cart load of items. He got it all unloaded and was next when he started to put it all back in his cart. I said is everything alright and he said he just discovered that he forgot his wallet. I felt so sorry for him.

I've done that. My biggest senior moments are the (multiple) times I've driven to the bank, only to realize my deposit was on the kitchen bar at home. :rolleyes:

CD

I am multitasking, or as my pain clinic would put it, I am "pacing".

I am sorting out some of the office boxes FINALLY! But that takes a bit of bending and a lot of standing. So, when my back gets tired I go sort pictures that I have from my parents and grandparents. I can rest my back doing it but since a lot of them aren't marked it takes a lot of concentration. So then I come to my computer, do email, FB and work on my final product review for the blog. When my mind and muscles are done in I lay back in my and listen to some music.

I also have a jigsaw puzzle going for fun!

I've done that. My biggest senior moments are the (multiple) times I've driven to the bank, only to realize my deposit was on the kitchen bar at home. :rolleyes:

CD

I did that once when I was doing a super-shop at Costco for one of our youth events. I had my wallet because I had my Costco card, but I had taken my bank card out to use online and forgot to put it back. Thankfully we lived really close to Costco then and I was well known by the staff so they put the cart in one of the coolers and I was able to go get my bank card.

Such a horrible feeling because you hope you left it somewhere safe, but are afraid you may have lost it!:(

Just did a little money transfer online. Had to move money from savings to checking so that we can pay for my new (to me) wheels! :w00t: Photos later this week when we pick it up.

I had to transfer money to checking last week, but I didn't get new "wheels" -- I paid my property taxes. :(

CD

That transfer comes later in the week for us.

Hey, if you had a mobile home to pay property taxes on, you could pay taxes and still have "wheels". :D

Yeah... a mobile home is not what you want to live in when you live in Tornado Alley. If tornadoes are an "act of God," then God doesn't like mobile homes. :LOL:

Besides, if I lived in a mobile home in Texas, I'd also have to pay annual registration fees for license plates for my house.

CD

Annual license plates? Nuts, especially if you aren't moving it off the lot. In Tornado Alley, an earth-sheltered house might be a good idea:

earth-berm-3-fieldstonesuitesDOTcom-400x300.jpg

Annual license plates? Nuts, especially if you aren't moving it off the lot. In Tornado Alley, an earth-sheltered house might be a good idea:

earth-berm-3-fieldstonesuitesDOTcom-400x300.jpg

I don't even have a basement. We don't have them here. I do, at least, have a brick house with 2X6 studs in my walls, instead of 2X4. I also have a tornado shelter under my stairs. If I were a pig, I certainly wouldn't worry about a wolf huffing and puffing and blowing my house in. :LOL:

An F5 tornado... yeah, that worries me a bit. :ohmy:

CD

My daughter took a day off so we could do some things which needed doing..

Went to the DMV for my Missouri drivers license ($10, $35 in Cali), on to her insurance company to add me to her policy..

Then off house hunting (actually, window shopping )..

I've been, pretty much stuck at home because of weather, etc. I planned to get a car soon but, problem solved.. They have a 2006 Mercury Milan which has been stored the better part of two years..

There is a story about them having the motor replaced 4 years ago and little things happening which made them believe they couldn't trust it..
Anyway, they bought a new car and garaged the Milan.. I started it, topped off the fluids, aired up the tires and ran the hell out of it on the freeway.. It is misfiring and it needs this and that fixed, which I will attend to and then register it in my name ($65 for two years here.. just paid $142 for 1 year on our 2002 Camry in Cali)).. I will have a, relatively, free car..

Also, we stopped at Aldi for fixens and I found Kringles, baked in Racine, Ws... I picked up an almond one for tomorrows breakfast.. I was afraid that with no TJ's here, I'd not find a Kringle.. Duh on me...

A good, productive day... :)

Ross

Also, we stopped at Aldi for fixens and I found Kringles, baked in Racine, Ws... I picked up an almond one for tomorrows breakfast.. I was afraid that with no TJ's here, I'd not find a Kringle.. Duh on me...

A good, productive day... :)

Ross
Really, aldis is carrying Racine Kringles? Those are great Kringles, Racine is an hour from here and famous for yum for years and years.

I'm on the 1st half of makings some provolone cheese. I made a fritata and I need to make some chicken soup.

I'm glad to hear things are going well for you in your new State, JC. I lived in Oakville, a small suburb of St. Louis, in the early 90's, and met some of the friendliest people I have ever encountered. Nice, nice place to live.

I'm glad to hear things are going well for you in your new State, JC. I lived in Oakville, a small suburb of St. Louis, in the early 90's, and met some of the friendliest people I have ever encountered. Nice, nice place to live.
Thank you... :)
We lived in Lebanon for 6 years and I'm pleased to be back in MO...

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom