What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I drove out again to the canyon to get more rocks for my landscaping project. All this heavy hauling is eventually going to wear out my little Prius.
It was also brutally hot out there this afternoon at 105.

IMG_0497.jpg

I drove out again to the canyon to get more rocks for my landscaping project. All this heavy hauling is eventually going to wear out my little Prius.
It was also brutally hot out there this afternoon at 105.

View attachment 30740

You're a lot more valuable than that Prius...don't wear yourself out in this terrible heat! Good grief man, even prisoners wouldn't have to work the rock pile on a day like this!! :ohmy:

Well, it looks like I'm here till at least next January. I brought my car into the dealership to replace something in the computer and of course, they found a multitude of other things wrong to the tune of $3800. For a $2000 car. That's even with the old fart discount.

I'm letting them replace the PCM in the car, but everything else my regular mechanic can fix for about half the price. I'm still going to be spending at least $2200 and that's not getting the recommended two new tires.

Meantime, the guy who was going to mow my lawn still hasn't called me, but that's OK now, since I'm not going to be able to move out onto the lot until for another 4 or 5 months. I can't move out until I can get a shed for my stuff and all the shed money is going into the car.

In addition to all that, we have a heatwave of our own going. We had a week of high temps, then a couple nice days, now we have the *&%^$ heat again for another 8 days. Winter never looked so good.

I probably won't be popping in that much though. I can't cook in the heat. All I'm eating right now are salads and sandwiches. I might make something tomorrow morning if it's cool. Big maybe.

I brought the car in last Wednesday and it's supposed to be ready tomorrow, but if they think I'm walking down to the credit union to do a transfer tomorrow afternoon, they're delusional. I'll walk down on Thursday morning about 8am when it's cooler out.

Wow, rr, that's a whole lotta trouble coming your way at one time. :( Sorry to hear about the car...and the grass...and especially the heat. I hope things turn around for you really quick.

There must have been a dust storm at DFW airport while I was gone. My MINI, and all the cars around it, was covered with a layer of fine, tan dust/dirt when I picked it up at the airport last night.

My fridge has several "science projects" going on. So, I need to get the car washed, and re-stock the fridge with food with no fur on it.

Then, pick up psycho-poodle, and hope he remembers who I am.

CD

I too, hope things turn around for you soon rr!

I've finally decided to clean out the stable. Over the years boarders have left things - bell boots, saddle pads, polo wraps, fly masks, think there is even a beautiful winter coat in the corner - hope it doesn't have too many mouse holes. So am just waiting for a wash load of polo wraps to spin out - then I have to :wacko: untangle them. Wish it wasn't raining so I could put them on the line to dry... harumph. :ermm:

Then everything is going on the internet for sale. The site I use is specific to my area. so we arrange to meet in a mutual place, works for me! No shipping, etc.

Sold an a/c in 3 days... - :LOL: it helped that there was a heat wave going on!

Thank you, CG and DL.

I didn't get my car till yesterday, if you can believe it. It was $1980.50 and I just had to ask them, "You couldn't find anything to spend the last $19.50 on?"

And that was just for the computer. I still have to have an oil change done, there's a leak in the head gasket, the brakes supposedly are almost out, and the engine mount is torn. Oh, yeah, and it needs two tires.

On the bright side, I didn't have to walk down to the bank. I woke up yesterday morning and thought about online banking and sure enough, I was able to transfer the money online. Just as well, because it's as hot at 8am now as it is at noon. Five more days of heat until we get a break. Then comes August. :evil: We need a crying smiley.

Today I'm just reading through a bunch of crock pot recipes and just chillin'.

I looked through them twice and must have missed that one both times. :evil:

I actually have tons of smilies I've collected over the years on Photobucket. Now I not only can't link them to my PB account, I can't even save my own pictures and videos I put up there without paying them.

I looked through them twice and must have missed that one both times. :evil:

I actually have tons of smilies I've collected over the years on Photobucket. Now I not only can't link them to my PB account, I can't even save my own pictures and videos I put up there without paying them.
Just today I wanted to use that one. I looked and couldn't find it. So I clicked the "more" link and couldn't find it. So, I used ctrl-f (for "find" in lots of software) and typed "cry" and found it.

Last edited:
I Just realized what I didn't do. I opened up the smilies to a full page, but forgot to scroll down. :glare: Some days....

I am sitting here, waiting for the temp to drop, and watching an equestrian show jumping competition on Youtube. FEI, bless their little pointed heads, started putting the full length shows up on Youtube, so I started watching them again.

I started watching the competitions in about 1999, but I haven't seen any for about 15 years now. The last names of many of the riders are familiar, but the first names aren't. What happened is the kids grew up and I'm seeing the sons and daughters of people I used to watch compete almost 20 years ago. It made me feel old until I realized that many other competitors I also watched then are still up on the horses. They all look grayer than I remember, though.

Then there's the familiar last names. Springsteen. Yup. Bruce Springsteens's daughter. Gates. Bill Gates' daughter. And Jobs. You guessed it. Steve Jobs' daughter. Small world.

Last edited:
I Just realized what I didn't do. I opened up the smilies to a full page, but forgot to scroll down. :glare: Some days....

I am sitting here, waiting for the temp to drop, and watching an equestrian show jumping competition on Youtube. FEI, bless their little pointed heads, started putting the full length shows up on Youtube, so I started watching them again.

I started watching the competitions in about 1999, but I haven't seen any for about 15 years now. The last names of many of the riders are familiar, but the first names aren't. What happened is the kids grew up and I'm seeing the sons and daughters of people I used to watch compete almost 20 years ago. It made me feel old until I realized that many other competitors I also watched then are still up on the horses. They all look grayer than I remember, though.

Then there's the familiar last names. Springsteen. Yup. Bruce Springsteens's daughter. Gates. Bill Gates' daughter. And Jobs. You guessed it. Steve Jobs' daughter. Small world.
I'm home from bringing Stirling, my husband, to the hospital by ambulance. He seems to have had a bit of heart stress, not a heart attack. He will be seen by a cardiologist in the morning. They seem to be taking good care of him. I'll write more when I can use the website instead of the app or if I learn more.

I'm home from bringing Stirling, my husband, to the hospital by ambulance. He seems to have had a bit of heart stress, not a heart attack. He will be seen by a cardiologist in the morning. They seem to be taking good care of him. I'll write more when I can use the website instead of the app or if I learn more.
I wonder why it quoted RR. Maybe I have to learn how to use the app properly.

What am I doing at 10.55 on Friday am?

Procrastinating! I have a long list of things to do today and I'm sitting here watching QVC trying to sell me things I don't want and "talking" to you lot.

Ho-hum!

Last edited:
Good that it wasn’t more serious! Wishing him a swift and complete recovery! You too; those incidents can be scary and stressful. Take cate of yourself!

So sorry, Taxy. Heart episodes are no fun and very scary. My best wishes for Sterling and as always for you.

I hope he's feeling better. Thoughts winging over the sea.

So sorry. Hope he's up and about soon.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it's not serious and he comes home quickly. Hugs.

Back
Top Bottom