What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well done PF! It seems it will have found a good home for someone to have paid that kind of price. I hope it was what you were hoping for.

Wow! Nice, PF!

Thank you, Cheryl. It was a nail biting experience in the beginning, as of yesterday morning I was thinking I had made a big mistake, bidding was at $1200. Then it went Ka-boom. The last ten minutes was hair raising.

Congratulations! Is this around what you were expecting/hoping for? Or am I being too nosy? :LOL: Whatever. An extra $5000.+ is more than you had before the auction started, so I suppose it's all good, right?

Thanks, CG. When the auctioneer picked up the guitars and such, he said it was an easy $3000-4000. I am very pleased with the results. Much more than I would have made on consignment.

That’s great, PF!

Thanks, Andy! I did miss one guitar, it was hiding in plain sight behind Shrek's chair, it is also the one he played the most. I guess I was meant to keep it, I didn't spot it until the auction posted.

Dang, I guess I missed something PF. What were you selling?

Hi Kayelle, I had Shrek's massive number of guitars, amplifiers, etc. auctioned online. His Epiphone Les Paul Electric went for $500. I even got $73 for the Didgeridoo he never learned to play.

Nice. Be sure to spend some of that money on something frivolous, maybe a weekend someplace Shreck would have liked, and kick back and enjoy some good memories -- and eat some good food.

CD

No problem, CD. Have a plan in place. Going to be able to finish up a few of his bills, get the patio door installed and have a weekend somewhere nice.

Well done PF! It seems it will have found a good home for someone to have paid that kind of price. I hope it was what you were hoping for.

Thank you, Dragn. It was more than I hoped for. Unless only one person bid on all the items, I believe it made a lot of people happy. Not as happy as I am, I felt such a huge relief when the guitars were gone and I didn't have to worry about selling them.

For the record: 19 acoustic guitars (some were electric, also), 3 ukuleles, 2 electric guitars, 2 mandolins, a banjo, an Autoharp, a set of Bongo Drums, a Didgeridoo, 6 amplifiers and all the little things that went along with all of it.

Last edited:
For the record: 19 acoustic guitars (some were electric, also), 3 ukuleles, 2 electric guitars, 2 mandolins, a banjo, an Autoharp, a set of Bongo Drums, a Didgeridoo, 6 amplifiers and all the little things that went along with all of it.

That was a serious collection!

I'm still staring at my late brothers train collection. Z scale - not the most popular size. An engine could fit on your thumb. He had more than 30 engines whose value starts at around 250$ - some are 500$+. Plus all the cars to go with them. Buildings, tracks - unbelievable accessories. There is a Roundhouse with price still on the box $300+.

But there is just no market for them and I haven't the energy.

That was a serious collection!

I'm still staring at my late brothers train collection. Z scale - not the most popular size. An engine could fit on your thumb. He had more than 30 engines whose value starts at around 250$ - some are 500$+. Plus all the cars to go with them. Buildings, tracks - unbelievable accessories. There is a Roundhouse with price still on the box $300+.

But there is just no market for them and I haven't the energy.

I knew that I would make nothing if I tried to sell on my own. Have you checked selling prices on EBay? You may find someone clear across the country who is willing to pay $$ for the items. Plus, right now they are worth nothing (because no one knows you have them), anything you make on them is more than you have now.

You won't make what he paid, but...especially in box, mint condition, they could be worth it to someone.

That's a great haul,PF, and what a relief for you to get closure on Shrek's much beloved collection!

Wow PF!

I'm so happy you got so much accomplished with the musical auction. I know you can sure use the money, but more than that, the music he loved lives on.:wub:

That's a great haul,PF, and what a relief for you to get closure on Shrek's much beloved collection!
Exactly what I was thinking.
Wow PF!

I'm so happy you got so much accomplished with the musical auction. I know you can sure use the money, but more than that, the music he loved lives on.:wub:
Well said Kayelle. I feel the same way.

Thank you, Cheryl. It was a nail biting experience in the beginning, as of yesterday morning I was thinking I had made a big mistake, bidding was at $1200. Then it went Ka-boom. The last ten minutes was hair raising.

That is how online auctions go. The last few minutes are when the serious bidding happens.

CD

Back
Top Bottom