What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Were getting ready to paint the living room.
I can't wait until it's all over.

The Master bedroom will be the hardest.Were going to have to disassemble my bed to get anywhere.That's next.
Kitchen/dining room will be last.

Munky.

Were getting ready to paint the living room.
I can't wait until it's all over.

The Master bedroom will be the hardest.Were going to have to disassemble my bed to get anywhere.That's next.
Kitchen/dining room will be last.

Munky.

Oh how I remember when my daughter bought the house she is now living in. She had paint chips everywhere. "Do you like this color? Should I use it for the living room or my bedroom?" She drove the whole family crazy!

So finally my SIL asked me to find an excuse to take me shopping with my daughter. He even gave me some cash for spending. We went out for the whole day. Left at eleven in the morn, and came home loaded with bags of stuff for her new home and a whole new wardrobe for me. We got home around 7:30 that night. Even ate out for lunch and supper.

Surprise!!! Both the living room and her bedroom were all painted. And all the furniture was put back where she wanted it. All she had to do was tell her husband how to hang the curtains we bought while shopping. By the time she went to bed, her home was exactly the way she had pictured it.

The kitchen? She has always had a red kitchen. The next day, her husband laid down a red and white checkered tile floor. He had found an artistic friend who took one of the red tiles, and painted a beautiful letter "B" in gold, in the middle. She had no idea how he came up with that. That letter was shellacked so heavily that it still looks new.

Just got done helping Tyler with his homework. Algebra. What does "n" equal, etc. I feel like such a dummy, but math and I have never gotten along, except for the basics. He's in 3rd grade. :ermm::huh:

His mom will look it over to see if it's right. :D We only have half an hour left before he goes home, so we're going to go play ball in the backyard on this beautiful afternoon. :)

Just finished up making reservations for next week - two nights in the Berkshire Mountains. Dear friends of ours are going to be staying at a resort in Hancock for the week. We were trying to decide which would be better - they come to stay with us for a couple nights, or we get a hotel near them for a couple nights. Since we aren't going to FL this year, I figured a quick get-away would be nice. Besides, our guest room has a double bed, and he is a healthy sized 6' 3". His poor wife would end up on the floor if they shared the bed! We do have a queen sleeper sofa, but all of my queen sheets are back in OH at Loverly's. I'd have to go buy a new set for...two nights. :ermm: Basically, I think I was looking for an excuse for a quick vacay! :LOL:

I just ordered five of those small LED lanterns for $18.00. Free shipping. The TAC Lite kind.
As seen on TV. $19.99 for one. Anyone own one? They say it's not a light to have sitting right in front of you. Too intense.

I'm ditching my old emergency LED lantern (for when the lights go out). It uses six D size batteries. :LOL:

Last edited:
I just ordered five of those small LED lanterns for $18.00. Free shipping. The TAC Lite kind.
As seen on TV. $19.99 for one. Anyone own one? They say it's not a light to have sitting right in front of you. Too intense.

I'm ditching my old emergency LED lantern (for when the lights go out). It uses six D size batteries. :LOL:

Correction: I'm tossing tube type lantern (not led). A nice glow but takes 6 D batteries.

Change of plans.
Say it isn't so...Oh, no,no,no.!:ermm:
Were painting the kitchen/dining room today.Nooooo!
I just finished putting the living room back in order.:ohmy:
We had an accident while doing that.The guys were moving Dad's desk back to it's original spot.While doing so the middle section bent and the whole thing collapsed.
He has to use my craft table until we can get him another one.

The grapevine tells me were going to have company stopping by today to.:rolleyes:
Our adopted son and his wife.I hope they don't bring a hoard of kids with them this time.
One in particular needs a good old fashioned swat!

Munky.

Busy day today. Lots of chores and errands.

I think I will treat myself to lunch out, before I get a long needed haircut. I am almost back to my ideal weight of 165 (I am 5'11" tall), so I can afford a restaurant meal.

After three months of business travel, I was up to 180 -- you can't get a salad in a restaurant that is less than 1,000 calories. :mad:

No crazy fad diet, just home cooked food, and reasonable portions (something else restaurants don't do). I eat carbs (love pasta), meats (in moderation), fruits and veggies, and dairy. I go easy on the salt and sugars that are so prevalent in prepared food.

CD

CD, you are trying to lose and I am trying to gain. I managed to gain another one pound. Everyone was cheering when the nurse told the room about my weight gain. Six pounds so far during September. I want to get up to 100 pounds.

I had an appointment with the Surgical Team. The whole purpose of the meeting was to close out my case. The scar is completely healed. My driver got me loaded into the van and he was sitting in his seat. Reached for the key to start the vehicle.

Barf, barf. All over his nice clean van. This cold is driving me crazy. Took me back to my apartment and Pirate got some items together so the driver could clean up the mess. Then he still had to go back to his base to have the maintenance crew clean it to sterile condition.

There was no need for this 15 minute appointment. It was only to discharge me as a surgical patient. I will not be making a new appointment.

I have been really busy around here. Camping trips and getting everything ready for harvest.

I started a men's health study today. It's through the University of Nebraska Medical Center. They are developing an app to track your calories. It's a pretty cool app. I just record what I eat. If I buy something like a chuckwagon sandwich and a Mountain Dew I can just scan the barcode.

Then they gave me a Nokia body composition Wi-Fi scale. Hooks into the app on my phone via Bluetooth. It tell you your weight obviously but your BMI, muscle%, weight trend, and the weather. That's kind of wierd but whatever. It's a 6 month study. Should be interesting.

I would really like to to get back down under 200. I'm 240 now 6 ft tall. I was hovering around 180-190 until I quit smoking.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have been really busy around here. Camping trips and getting everything ready for harvest.

I started a men's health study today. It's through the University of Nebraska Medical Center. They are developing an app to track your calories. It's a pretty cool app. I just record what I eat. If I buy something like a chuckwagon sandwich and a Mountain Dew I can just scan the barcode.

Then they gave me a Nokia body composition Wi-Fi scale. Hooks into the app on my phone via Bluetooth. It tell you your weight obviously but your BMI, muscle%, weight trend, and the weather. That's kind of wierd but whatever. It's a 6 month study. Should be interesting.

I would really like to to get back down under 200. I'm 240 now 6 ft tall. I was hovering around 180-190 until I quit smoking.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

And I am trying so hard to gain weight. I will gladly take some of your pounds. I gained one pound last week and everyone was cheering for me. I am trying to get up to 100 pounds. So far I am at 76 pounds.

That study sounds really interesting. I have participated in several studies for skin disorders and my heart. The pay wasn't bad either.

I would be more than happy to share 30 lbs or so with you. I am down 3 but the weekend is here so I might back slide a little bit. It has been interesting. I got a Snapple thinking it was better than a Pepsi. Turns out it has 10 more calories than a can of Pepsi AND it cost more!

My budget is 2,369 calories a day. The first day I went over by 481. Day 2 I was 122 under.

Yesterday I only went over 198 but I drank 7 bud lights. Its always that last beer that gets you. Bud Light is 110 calories. I was only over by 88 until that last one.

I would be more than happy to share 30 lbs or so with you. I am down 3 but the weekend is here so I might back slide a little bit. It has been interesting. I got a Snapple thinking it was better than a Pepsi. Turns out it has 10 more calories than a can of Pepsi AND it cost more!

My budget is 2,369 calories a day. The first day I went over by 481. Day 2 I was 122 under.

Yesterday I only went over 198 but I drank 7 bud lights. Its always that last beer that gets you. Bud Light is 110 calories. I was only over by 88 until that last one.
My husband drinks a lot of PowerAde Zero.

Jon, when I was dieting, my goal was to keep a weekly total of calories. As long as I was under my limit for the week, I didn't worry about the daily over/under.

When I became ill, Pirate came to live with me. He was way overweight. And he knew it. None of his clothes fit him comfortably. So I gave him some tricks to change his eating habits. While the main course is cooking, eat your salad. It is enough to take away those hunger pangs and it gives your stomach time to recognize that your hunger is being satisfied. . I was surprised that he listened to me. I also told him to concentrate on the veggies, not the meat. Today he is finding that his stomach does not want as much food as before.

But him being on a diet, meant that he had to cook two separate meals. Two small bites of meat, a large helping of veggie with butter, lots of pasta, and any other foods we could think of that would help to put the weight back on. About 35 years ago I had to have the bottom part of my stomach removed. My ulcers were eating my ulcers. During the surgery, the surgeon also severed the nerve that tells you are hungry. I found myself eating only because I miss the act of chewing. I can go days without eating if it weren't for the chewing part.

Andy's suggestion is a sound one. It is like weighing yourself every day. If the scale shows no weight loss for that day, it can be very discouraging. Keep a weekly chart and that is when you will see the difference. By doing a weight check, you are setting yourself for failure. Good luck.

They put an app on my phone that I record everything I eat. I got a fancy WI-FI Bluetooth scale to weigh on every day. Its pretty interesting. There is even a bar code reader in the app to scan anything I eat thats store bought.

BUd Light has 110 calories per can. I list that under snacks.

Best wishes to you Jon, on your weight loss program.

I've been enjoying this beautiful Sunday. Doing things around the yard, getting some chores done, and stopping to take a little break now and then. Earlier today I cleaned the fridge - took out the glass shelves and veggie bins and washed them, and got rid of a couple of leftovers that were ummm....past their prime. :ermm::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom