What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3 weeks post op right knee replacement surgery. Today is the 2nd time I've driven. Just got home from the gym just did 4 light upper body weight machines & rode the nustep for an hour
Wow, simonbaker, that sounds great! Are you a quick healer, or is that a normal recovery time for knee replacements these days? No matter what, wishing you a continued good recovery.

Prepped and processed my first turkey. Bought a cheap 14 pound turkey ($0.69/Lb), cut it up/deboned it and saved the boneless breasts and thighs for future meals. Then I roasted the remaining parts and bones for turkey stock. Made the stock yesterday, froze it in quart ziplocks for Thanksgiving dinner and maybe a pot or two of soup.

I do that too Andy, but on a little bit of a smaller scale. There never seems to be enough gravy for leftovers from one turkey, so I buy a couple of wings or legs ahead of time, roast and simmer for stock for extra make-ahead gravy. The gravy freezes very well until Tday. I'm going to the store tomorrow, hopefully I'll find a turkey neck as well to throw into the mix. :yum:

Last edited:
3 weeks post op right knee replacement surgery. Today is the 2nd time I've driven. Just got home from the gym just did 4 light upper body weight machines & rode the nustep for an hour

Best wishes for a complete recovery very soon, simonbaker! :flowers:

Great job! You are coming along, your Ortho will be pleased!

Prepped and processed my first turkey. Bought a cheap 14 pound turkey ($0.69/Lb), cut it up/deboned it and saved the boneless breasts and thighs for future meals. Then I roasted the remaining parts and bones for turkey stock. Made the stock yesterday, froze it in quart ziplocks for Thanksgiving dinner and maybe a pot or two of soup.

I need to check for turkey parts next time I shop.

I do that too Andy, but on a little bit of a smaller scale. There never seems to be enough gravy for leftovers from one turkey, so I buy a couple of wings or legs ahead of time, roast and simmer for stock for extra make-ahead gravy. The gravy freezes very well until Tday. I'm going to the store tomorrow, hopefully I'll find a turkey neck as well to throw into the mix. :yum:

Cheryl, a styrofoam tray of turkey parts is so expensive at or supermarket. Two trays of parts cost as much as a whole turkey on sale. Plus I get three future meals of turkey in the deal.

Good job, SB! A couple friends here recently had the surgery too, and they swear it's key to faithfully do their physical therapy.

Just got home from 12 days in Mexico on my beloved island. Weather, water, food and people were wonderful. Then I came back here to snow and cold late last night. Picked up Beagle this morning from the boarder and couldn't figure out why it was so cold in the car. She had put the window down from the back seat to sniff the breeze.

Good job, SB! A couple friends here recently had the surgery too, and they swear it's key to faithfully do their physical therapy.

Just got home from 12 days in Mexico on my beloved island. Weather, water, food and people were wonderful. Then I came back here to snow and cold late last night. Picked up Beagle this morning from the boarder and couldn't figure out why it was so cold in the car. She had put the window down from the back seat to sniff the breeze.
Smart dog. Maybe too smart. :LOL:

I nearly had a heart attack! Our terrier, Max, somehow escaped from the back patio! We can’t figure out how he got out. Some kind woman found him running on a major street and called the phone number on his rabies tag, the vet that vaccinated him, and they called us. Mark and I are still both shaking. Bless the powers that be that he was found before he got run over!

I nearly had a heart attack! Our terrier, Max, somehow escaped from the back patio! We can’t figure out how he got out. Some kind woman found him running on a major street and called the phone number on his rabies tag, the vet that vaccinated him, and they called us. Mark and I are still both shaking. Bless the powers that be that he was found before he got run over!
How scary! Dogs are members of the family, glad to hear that you were so fortunate.

I appreciate your positive feedback about my knee!

Hope to get back to work by the end of the month.

I appreciate your positive feedback about my knee!

Hope to get back to work by the end of the month.

Since you gave up the place you both owned a while back, what have you been doing for employment since?

Thought you might like to know. The City of Salem has finally realized what a boon to tourism Halloween is for the city. They have finally begun to plan and provide funds for the celebration each year. Your daughter would love it now. Try to plan your next vacation around Halloween one of these years before your daughter gets to old.

Cheryl, a styrofoam tray of turkey parts is so expensive at or supermarket. Two trays of parts cost as much as a whole turkey on sale. Plus I get three future meals of turkey in the deal.

Andy, the issue is more about storage space in the freezer rather than cost. If I had the room I would surely do what you do and buy another small turkey for parts.

If I remember correctly, this time last year I was able to grab a few turkey wings and a neck for around $7. Not too bad for a good amount of gravy.

Joel...so glad you found Max, thanks to the help of the kind lady! Just goes to show, it's so helpful to ID pets, just in case. :wub:

Joel, wow! That would have been scary and nerve-racking. Did you know the dog was gone before you got the call? I'm so glad to read that nothing untoward happened to your fur friend.

Joel...so glad you found Max, thanks to the help of the kind lady! Just goes to show, it's so helpful to ID pets, just in case. :wub:

Psycho-poodle is tagged, but also chipped. If his collar get's lost, any Vet can scan him. Something to consider.

CD

Joel, wow! That would have been scary and nerve-racking. Did you know the dog was gone before you got the call? I'm so glad to read that nothing untoward happened to your fur friend.
Yes. Mark went to let both pups in from their bathroom break, and Bugsy was the only one there. The call from the vet came while I was starting the car to go look for Max. We still have no idea how Max got out.

Both of our dogs are chipped as well as tagged. But neither has any street sense.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom