What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wife picked out my Halloween costume this year. received_2162140490588659.jpg

Found some energy this morning and cooked 2lbs of hamburger with seasonings to make taco filling. Portioned into packs for 2, vac packed and froze for future meals.

Mixed 2lbs of hamburger w/1lb of ground pork to form small meat loaves for 2, vac packed and froze them for future meals. Will thaw and add seasonings, etc., when needed.

Purchasing the small freezer allows me to pre-prep basics for simple dinners.

Ross

It rained so we couldn't harvest today. Took advantage of the time to put up a new auger on the bulk bin. This holds the protein supplements for the wagu. No more slinging buckets. 1020201358_HDR.jpg

My local Asian market did not survive the COVID shut-down. As a result, I am looking for a nearby replacement where I can stock up on essentials. There is a huge H-Mart with everything under the sun but that requires an hour round trip. I guess I have been spoiled.

Fortunately, I have some fairly local choices. I have some shopping to do for places to shop.

My local Asian market did not survive the COVID shut-down. As a result, I am looking for a nearby replacement where I can stock up on essentials. There is a huge H-Mart with everything under the sun but that requires an hour round trip. I guess I have been spoiled.

Fortunately, I have some fairly local choices. I have some shopping to do for places to shop.

Indeed...closest H-Mart is three hours one way. There is no such thing as an Asian Market until I get to Denver, CO...three hours one way!!!

I can get fresh tortillas, flour and corn in 15 minutes.

My local Asian market did not survive the COVID shut-down. As a result, I am looking for a nearby replacement where I can stock up on essentials. There is a huge H-Mart with everything under the sun but that requires an hour round trip.

Which location? Cambridge or Burlington? I’ve only been to the Burlington location which is good but not huge. While in Illinois, I went to a super Hmart and wow, that store was giant.

I’m fortunate to have a small market the next town over from me. As a bonus, they also have these vegetable crates for free that I use in my gardens.

Which location? Cambridge or Burlington? I’ve only been to the Burlington location which is good but not huge. While in Illinois, I went to a super Hmart and wow, that store was giant.

I’m fortunate to have a small market the next town over from me. As a bonus, they also have these vegetable crates for free that I use in my gardens.

The Burlington store. I'd never been to an Asian market that big. I have some more local options that I have to seek out.

I've been getting to know my new friend, Libby. I recently got a new Samsung tablet with more capacity than the old one. I figured it would be good to have a couple of books loaded into it before we leave for Florida on Tuesday. Now if I can just forget about them for the next couple of days so I can get ready to leave...

I've been getting to know my new friend, Libby. I recently got a new Samsung tablet with more capacity than the old one. I figured it would be good to have a couple of books loaded into it before we leave for Florida on Tuesday. Now if I can just forget about them for the next couple of days so I can get ready to leave...

You could probably download books in FL too. . .

[emoji38] I know that, Andy! But these are for the drive down. Hopefully we'll be doing enough stuff that I won't have to get more from my list.

Of course there's a list. There's always a list...

My nephew got covid so all of here on the farm are in quarantine. We are still working just locked the shop and put up a sign. Dont get many visitors anyway. 1108200937.jpg

Sorry to hear about that, Farmer Jon. I hope all of the rest of you get through it negative, and your nephew doesn't get any major side-effects from it (and hoping that he hasn't already). Prayers and positive thoughts for all of you.

Canned some pork yesterday. Broke one. I always cold pack but I let it warm up on the counter a little bit after I cut it up. This time it was still ice cold from the fridge. 1114201524.jpg

I made a couple of different marinades for a bunch of sirloin I bought on sale and put them in the freezer. Now, I'm relaxing and watching figure skating on t.v. Not exactly exciting, but enjoyable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom